Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Unanswered prayers

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

skky

My girlfriend of two years and I just broke up, and I am utterly devastated. We are, as my mom described us, "a square peg and a round hole". Last night I drove to a methodist church later at night, hoping to find someone there. It was locked an empty, and I lay on the steps for an hour crying and praying to God to send me someone, anyone to talk to about my situation, about God, about everything. I needed him so much. But no one ever came...part of me thinks that maybe he had/has a better plan of action for me, but another part is upset that no one came when I so desperately need someone, and the one person I so desperately want to go to for comfort (my ex) is the one person I can't.

We (me and her) prayed to God that he would lead us down the right path and help us, give us strength and knowledge. But I don't see how this could be the right path, it hurts like nothing I could have ever imagined. And it hurts twice as much knowing that she is hurting so much too. I don't think that I can live without her in my life. Every part of me, every ounce of my being wants to call her and drive down to her and hold her.

I need God so much right now and I have been praying and praying, but I don't feel like it is helping...it feels like to me that God is ignoring two people that are in desperate need of him.

Skky,

I believe the Lord would say to you "Be still and know that I am God."

He is waiting for you to calm down and listen. He knows what you are going through. He needs you to trust Him enough to know that He has a plan for you. Sometimes that plan involves pruning, sometimes it means taking something apart so that He can fix it and put it together right. Sometimes He has to take something good from us so that He can replace it with something better. Something right. Something that is what He intended from the start.

He can not heal your broken heart until you trust Him enough to give it to Him. He often will let us go through things so that we can learn from them, take what we have learned and be able to use it the next time we go through as similar situation.

As long as you are crying out to Him and telling Him what you want, He will be silent. Once you are silent, He can tell you what He wants. Ask Him.

May the Lord heal your broken heart quickly.
Blessings on you both.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back