Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Unbelieving Spouse

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I married at 17 when i KNEW every thing...
I knew before we married i should not have done so... Being a teenager with a good streak of rebel... i did what I wanted...I was raised in a Christian home i knew in my heart better but lust took over..
In a couple weeks we will have been married 51 years.. I would so much prefer a Christian husband... The struggle is not easy but ya know no marriage is perfect... We wives are told Eph_5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
How do we submit to the Lord?
I argue with God at times , get in His way... ignore Him not a good thing ,,, I must once again repent and look to the new day... I do the same with John,,,
I spent a good amount of time searching Scripture for a way out of my marriage... (FOR ME) I could not find it... So 51 years...:)

Our responsibility to to follow Christ, His Word. John's salvation is between him and God... My responsibility to be the best Godly wife i can be... IMO part of that is honoring the vow i took before God 51 years ago...

1Co 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
1Co 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

Many here may disagree with my thoughts i will not carry on a discussion...

Awesome post reba! I fully agree with you!

All adultery is not physical, thus possible the warning of becoming one with unbelievers.
Jer 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
Jer 3:9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.
Rev 17:5 Mystery Babylon . . .

The con artists of this world are many, and I have a friend that gives marriage seminars who tells us to never intend on uniting with someone you have evangelized. Why? Many desiring you will hang on to your every word as it were to convince they are buying into Christianity, and they can be very convincing. Always examine the character and length of the walk of the person you will spend your life with to be on a spiritual level equal you are.

Now this may seem strange to some, but I've just had by someone I've known for many years. Now this was not being yoked in marriage, but I supported him in prison, sent repeated spiritual material he asked for, worked with his lieutenant in prison to work for his early release, found and set up a halfway house for his habitation, and donated regularly to his need until he established a job and housing outside on probation. He did attend church regularly until recently when he just became too tired to.

He recently was released from parole, he began missing work, found an Asian lady online; the type he likes, and began dating her. He also was caught on camera robbing the landlord of personal things in his home so as to hock them, has a warrant for his arrest and fled to another state. Guess who he called when he was arrested in the new state wanting financial help? First thing he asked for is spiritual reading material, and that if he ended up in prison he would need $36 per month help; slick huh? His sister said that she was amazed to find all manner of Buddhist reading material in his apartment, apparently attempting to influence the Asian woman of his true intents. Enough I reckon.

I head of a story where a man lied about being Christian just so she would marry him.

. Do you really want Matt to go through loosing you when he accepts the Lord as Savior? Something to think about because of what you spoke. If you truly love Matt the way you say that you do, then i recommend you commit many hours to prayer about marriage to Matt. You are not his savior. JESUS is. So be careful with your attitude towards something that the Bible warns against.

Many blessings to you and matt! I will be praying for you both!

No, I do not want him to go through losing me. I see now that would really hurt him. He'd probably be even bitter against God if I died. Thank you for pointing that out! I can and will continue to pray that he be saved. Thanks for your prayers.

I married at 17 when i KNEW every thing...
I knew before we married i should not have done so... Being a teenager with a good streak of rebel... i did what I wanted...I was raised in a Christian home i knew in my heart better but lust took over..
In a couple weeks we will have been married 51 years.. I would so much prefer a Christian husband... The struggle is not easy but ya know no marriage is perfect... We wives are told Eph_5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
How do we submit to the Lord?
I argue with God at times , get in His way... ignore Him not a good thing ,,, I must once again repent and look to the new day... I do the same with John,,,
I spent a good amount of time searching Scripture for a way out of my marriage... (FOR ME) I could not find it... So 51 years...:)

Our responsibility to to follow Christ, His Word. John's salvation is between him and God... My responsibility to be the best Godly wife i can be... IMO part of that is honoring the vow i took before God 51 years ago...

1Co 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
1Co 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

Many here may disagree with my thoughts i will not carry on a discussion...
Congrats on being married 51 years!!!

I head of a story where a man lied about being Christian just so she would marry him.

I lead my ex to the Lord just to get people off my back about marrying her. My cousin even pushed me in the corner and said they drove 2 vehicles and the van was sitting right out side the door with the keys in and to go get in it now and leave.

Well it was the worse 5 years of my entire life. If you think you can pull a fast one to get around something in the Written Word of God,,,,THINK AGAIN.....your only fooling your self.....
Jim

Thus the warning of marrying someone you evangelize; it occurs far more than any realize. Whereas in the situation you are in, God separates or sanctifies your non-believing husband for your sake. Continue to witness, especially in your godly manner of living. God is very faithful to make your marriage one of care and love above all you could imagine, and prayerfully he will receive Christ one day also. :)

Thus the warning of marrying someone you evangelize; it occurs far more than any realize. Whereas in the situation you are in, God separates or sanctifies your non-believing husband for your sake. Continue to witness, especially in your godly manner of living. God is very faithful to make your marriage one of care and love above all you could imagine, and prayerfully he will receive Christ one day also. :)

Amen :)

Back