Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Under The Old Covenant Death Is Forbidden

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
They would have all perished in the flood as only Noah, his wife, his sons, and their wives, 8 in all, survived. No giants. No Nephalim. No bogymen.
I agree I do see the case for the nephillum in predulivian times and the larger humans in the time of moses and late the anukim. But these aren't the same type.tall ,and not the child of a devil,versus a child of the devil and a giant

I agree I do see the case for the nephillum in predulivian times and the larger humans in the time of moses and late the anukim. But these aren't the same type.tall ,and not the child of a devil,versus a child of the devil and a giant
There are still giants today.
Apparently , at the time of Moses the sons of Anak were all big boys.

mary wasn't human?

I think you miss the point. the book says its 4500 ft. if its wrong on that what else?. never mind the size ... the females mating that?
not even the jews buy that stuff .
1 Sam 17:4
4 A champion named Goliath, who was from Gath, came out of the Philistine camp. His height was six cubits and a span
this a far cry from 4500ft. I learned two different sizes for cubit 18 inches and 24 inches a span is the width of a grown mans hand. what do you think of this?

1 Sam 17:4
4 A champion named Goliath, who was from Gath, came out of the Philistine camp. His height was six cubits and a span
this a far cry from 4500ft. I learned two different sizes for cubit 18 inches and 24 inches a span is the width of a grown mans hand. what do you think of this?
Usually the Egyptian cubit used fir buildin which is used in isreal .that is 18 inches and has been 21 inches.

Usually the Egyptian cubit used fir buildin which is used in isreal .that is 18 inches and has been 21 inches.
ok using 21 inches and a span he was around 11 feet tall maybe 11 ft and a few inches; i would consider that a giant
i have read most all the books that are not in our Bible and some stuff is matches my Bible and some is wrong imo.

What is God's perspective of evil?
That it is bad enough to require a special place.

Matthew 25:41 KJV
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

eddif

It doesn't really matter I guess, whether or not there were really giants isn't a salvific issue, but it is interesting.

I do have a hard time rejecting what scripture says, and the thing that gets me is, if it's not true, then why is it there in scripture?

No one has ever offered up another theory that holds water about that. Stuff that don't make any sense and doesn't even start to make sense.

And again, if it's not true, then were back to, why the genocide of a people? God doesn't roll like that, He loves us. No one can (has) answered that.

Most the alternate theories create more questions than they answer. No way it was Seth's line. If Seth was so righteous then he would've been saved in the flood.

As weird as it sounds, it does sound plausible to me. It also brings understanding to other scriptures and makes them make sense. Like the genocide question.

You guys believe what you want to. It makes sense to me.

It doesn't really matter I guess, whether or not there were really giants isn't a salvific issue, but it is interesting.

I do have a hard time rejecting what scripture says, and the thing that gets me is, if it's not true, then why is it there in scripture?

No one has ever offered up another theory that holds water about that. Stuff that don't make any sense and doesn't even start to make sense.

And again, if it's not true, then were back to, why the genocide of a people? God doesn't roll like that, He loves us. No one can (has) answered that.

Most the alternate theories create more questions than they answer. No way it was Seth's line. If Seth was so righteous then he would've been saved in the flood.

As weird as it sounds, it does sound plausible to me. It also brings understanding to other scriptures and makes them make sense. Like the genocide question.

You guys believe what you want to. It makes sense to me.
I never said there wasNT giants ,only.that because of enochs description of a nearly mile high giant and its lack of inclusion in don't buy it.

Moses per the Talmud is 4500 ft tall . Yet climbs to a peak to see cannaan.which account is true?

You read the scripture and meditate.

You ignore the traditions of the elders (which undo the word of God -according to Jesus).

You ignore modern denominational side notes found in a lot of study bibles.

Creation information is a help.

Bible Study should be Bible Study.

We do see through a glass darkly, but are not blind.

Symbolism is a shadow and can only be understood if Jesus is the one casting the shadow.

That is about all I know.

eddif

I never said there wasNT giants ,only.that because of enochs description of a nearly mile high giant and its lack of inclusion in don't buy it.

Moses per the Talmud is 4500 ft tall . Yet climbs to a peak to see cannaan.which account is true?

Most Judaic understandings have a severe bent to literal only. It's no wonder they'd come up with bizarre external notions. Idiocy, really.

Most Judaic understandings have a severe bent to literal only. It's no wonder they'd come up with bizarre external notions. Idiocy, really.
No,quite the opposite. They take some parts literal and others not so literal.
The idea of seven epochs is a Jewish one.ramban taught that from Genesis. The three wells of yitzac are interesting in his view, the third temple shall be one of the flesh.wasn't there a man who came and said that? Died on the cross?

A Jewish Christian preacher rejected my symbolism and interpretation till he found out about Jewish Midrash. He still had some issues, but he is how I found out about Midrash.

Gentiles always stand in awe of Spirit Filled Jews. The apostles were Spirit Filled Jews that explained much symbolism. Jesus explained in private to the disciples.

Have any Gentiles made a Jewish person jealous this week?

eddif

No,quite the opposite. They take some parts literal and others not so literal.
The idea of seven epochs is a Jewish one.ramban taught that from Genesis. The three wells of yitzac are interesting in his view, the third temple shall be one of the flesh.wasn't there a man who came and said that? Died on the cross?
I was typing while you were posting.
Credit given where credit is due.

eddif

A Jewish Christian preacher rejected my symbolism and interpretation till he found out about Jewish Midrash. He still had some issues, but he is how I found out about Midrash.

Gentiles always stand in awe of Spirit Filled Jews. The apostles were Spirit Filled Jews that explained much symbolism. Jesus explained in private to the disciples.

eddif
Usually the reverse with me. Im.jewish i tread cautiously on this stuff with them.they were raised in it an if a rabbi know it way more then then the average jew who had a bar or bat mitzvah.

eddif

No, but my wife and I did dinner followed by an informal Hanukkah candle lighting ceremony with a converted to Christian Jewish family last night. They sang the traditional song in Hebrew after I did my required ad hoc spiel (think Quaker-as the Spirit moves you) about what it meant to me and then lit the candles from left to right, as they sang.

My buddy and I discussed about every angle conceivable from the Christian perspectives about the rituals surrounding the candle lighting afterwards for quite a long time. Which we tend to do occasionally over a lot of Jewish customs when we get together, how they may correlate to Christian spiritual intents or points to Christ, of course.

Oddly enough, by the time we were done talking, the candle on the left side, the one lit for that day, the first one lit from left to right, was the only candle still burning.

When we finally looked at the table and noticed it, it reminded us, simultaneously, of Matt. 6:34, and we looked at each others when we saw it and recounted verbatim, together, the last sentence, which was essentially the basis of our discussions about the "light." Then laughed at how it struck us both identically at the same time when we recited the same sentence.

We believe we had Divine Company in our little dialog, and appreciated the little sign. It was thoroughly enjoyable. We left with a warm heart. My wife said it was more interesting than going to church. Specially at the end. :lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back