Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

understanding 666

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

sdktlk

“[FONT=Georgia, serif]The thing that has been, it is that[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.†(Ecc 1:9) [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]With respect to God's chosen people, natural Israel, and the children of God, spiritual Israel, what relevance does this verse have for us today? As we know, “...all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the age are come...†(1Cor 10:11)[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]We see, at the time of the Lord Jesus' first advent, that the leaders of God's chosen people, therefore also the people they led, were in total darkness. The question then arises, “Why?â€[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]It is understood that the Lord God Almighty intended that He should be their all: their God, their Supply, their Protector, etc. But, in order to answer the question why? we will set forth only one thing here, and it is with respect to His being their Protector. Also, there is a law that is essential for seeing the Truth, and that is, “...Neither shall you lie with any beast to defile yourself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: IT IS CONFUSION...†(Lev 18:23) In 161 B.C. the Jews entered into a league, a covenant with the Roman Empire, they had lain down with a beast.

If we can see the spiritual implication of this verse and understand that symbolically a beast, in Scripture, speaks of secular government we will have a basis to answer the question, “Why?â€
[/FONT]

“[FONT=Georgia, serif]Son of man, I have made you a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me.†(Eze 3:17)[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Today the “church†inexorably has covenant with secular government, has lain down with a beast. We must have our business licenses, or tax exempt numbers and the myriad of NAMES which we have given ourselves have to be “registered in the beast.†This can be seen in, “...a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy...†as found in Revelation 17:3.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]We can debate, we can suppose, we can conjecture but beloved children of God it is, in the end, only the Truth that will mean anything. Therefore we are exhorted of the Lord to, “...Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues...†(Rev 18:4) and the only way we can do that is if we know who, or what SHE IS.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Verse 18 - [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]is[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Six hundred threescore [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]and[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] six[/FONT]

“[FONT=Georgia, serif]...HERE IS WISDOM...â€[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Georgia, serif]The fourth, of the earth/earthy, manifestation of the Church, the Church in Thyatira, which was revealed as “...that man of sin...the son of destruction...†(2Thes 2:3) when it took its seat in Rome in 538 A.D. This one is the First manifestation of the Church which has an unholy union with secular government, a beast. And it came forth from the carnal mind of MAN.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Georgia, serif]In 1054 A.D. the Greek Orthodox Church was birthed out of this Great Harlot. This is the Second manifestation of the Church, also having union with government. And it too came forth from the carnal mind of MAN.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Georgia, serif]In 1517 A.D. Protestantism is birthed out of the Great Harlot. This one had life for a moment in time, and then is declared by the Lord to, “...have a name that you live, and are dead...†(Rev 3:1) The moment it joined together with government it died, and became the Third manifestation of the Church which was brought forth from the carnal mind of MAN[/FONT]
“[FONT=Georgia, serif]...And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the Last Adam was made a Life giving Spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the Second Man is the Lord from heaven...†(1Cor 15:45-47) God only sees the first Adam and the Last Adam: the first man and the Second Man in His view of things. The first man has a body and the Second Man has a body: everyone upon the earth is a member of one or the other. And, as we know, God's number for MAN is SIX, as man was formed on the sixth day: this is Adam's number, this is “...THE NUMBER OF A MAN..!â€[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Therefore, we have the First Church system, which was from the mind of earthy man: SIX. The [/FONT] [FONT=Georgia, serif]Second Church system, which also proceeded from the mind of earthy man: SIX. And the Third[/FONT] [FONT=Georgia, serif]Church system, and it too came from the earthy mind of man: SIX.[/FONT]

“[FONT=Georgia, serif]...HERE IS WISDOM...â€

We have
seen THREE religious systems which have come forth from[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] the [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]earthy[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] mind [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]OF MAN[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]. Therefore: [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]SIX SIX SIX[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]. This [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]IS[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]mark of the beast[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]This subject is so VAST and the only way to see it clearly is to first get rid of the mark. [/FONT]

“[FONT=Georgia, serif]The thing that has been, it is that[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.†(Ecc 1:9) [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]This subject is so VAST and the only way to see it clearly is to first get rid of the mark. [/FONT]

Revelation 19: 20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

So everyone in churches gets thrown in the lake of fire?

Revelation 19: 20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

According to Harold Camping, yes. :lol Also according to him, God has no use for the church anymore; the church age is over and Satan now rules over the churches. He says God is now calling all true believers out of the church.

... and all this time I though the church age ends when Jesus returns. :chin <-- sarcasm

According to Harold Camping, yes. :lol Also according to him, God has no use for the church anymore; the church age is over and Satan now rules over the churches. He says God is now calling all true believers out of the church.

... and all this time I though the church age ends when Jesus returns. :chin <-- sarcasm
Harold...Egbert...Campin' = 6 letters...6 letters...6 letters'(+ or -) = 666
Just sayin' it's at least as accurate any of Harold's prophesies.:biggrin

This verse does not say that all who received the mark were cast into the lake of fire. It is speaking speaking specifically of "the beast and the false prophet." THESE BOTH were cast...

NJBeliever
Re: understanding 666
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sdktlk

So everyone in churches gets thrown in the lake of fire? This verse addresses "the beast and the false prophet," not those who have the mark. It says, "THESE BOTH"

We have seen THREE religious systems which have come forth from the earthy mind OF MAN. Therefore: SIX SIX SIX. This IS the mark of the beast.

The problem with this is that the number of the beast isn't six-six-six, but rather sixhundred sixty six. John could have written three sixes, if he had wanted to, but he didn't. He used words, not numbers.

In every instance in the Book of Revelation the numbers are in written form. But, four is still 4, and seven is still 7. If I use the same rule for numbers consistently then six hundred, three score and six is simply 666.

In every instance in the Book of Revelation the numbers are in written form. But, four is still 4, and seven is still 7. If I use the same rule for numbers consistently then six hundred, three score and six is simply 666.

That is only true in our decimal system using Arabic numerals. I know of no other numbering system where six hundred sixty six is represented using three identical digits. For example, in Roman numerals , the official system in the Roma Empire, it is written DCLXVI. The manuscripts from which Revelation was translated were in Greek. In Greek, letters of the alphabet were used to signify numbers. Six hundred sixty six was written CHI-XI-EPSILON-ALPHA. Hebrew uses a similar system. The Hebrew representation for the number of the beast is TAV-RESH-SAMECH-VAV.

None of the numbering systems John would have been familiar with not represent this number with 3 identical digits. In fact, all of them use more than 3 digits. To think that the meaning of the number of the beast could only be figured out using a numbering system that hadn't been invented yet, and is still not used by the majority of the world's population, simply doesn't make sense. I think it's better to stick to what the Bible actually says, which is that the number of the beast is six hundred sixty six, not six six six.

Watch these videos they all basically say the same thing but are explained by different people. But it is the best explanation I have found for 666.

YouTube - Chuck Missler on the Mark of the Beast 666

I am editiing because I accidentally copied the wrong link but here is the link I meant to add it is a 3 part series so I went ahead and added all 3 links
YouTube - Revealing the Mark of the Beast 1of3.
YouTube - Revealing the Mark of the Beast 2of3.flv
YouTube - Revealing the Mark of the Beast 3of3.flv

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'm a lot more consered with the numbers R 1;1,2,3 and what they means, wrt studying the Apocalypse.

Last edited by a moderator:
In understanding author intent of 666; I think it important to understand apocalyptic literature was a literary genre to redress dilemmas, and in this and as in every case their current dilemmas. The reference of 666, and just as with the early discoveries of NT texts having the number as 616, was symbolism for Nero. We have to remember this was a high context society where along with the rather apparent clues in the Apocalypse of John itself, it described he whom they all would have been familiar with especially given their experiences with Nero.

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Today the “church†inexorably has covenant with secular government, has lain down with a beast. We must have our business licenses, or tax exempt numbers and the myriad of NAMES which we have given ourselves have to be “registered in the beast.†This can be seen in, “...a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy...†as found in Revelation 17:3.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]We can debate, we can suppose, we can conjecture but beloved children of God it is, in the end, only the Truth that will mean anything. Therefore we are exhorted of the Lord to, “...Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues...†(Rev 18:4) and the only way we can do that is if we know who, or what SHE IS.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Verse 18 - [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]is[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Six hundred threescore [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]and[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] six[/FONT]

“[FONT=Georgia, serif]...HERE IS WISDOM...â€[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Georgia, serif]The fourth, of the earth/earthy, manifestation of the Church, the Church in Thyatira, which was revealed as “...that man of sin...the son of destruction...†(2Thes 2:3) when it took its seat in Rome in 538 A.D. This one is the First manifestation of the Church which has an unholy union with secular government, a beast. And it came forth from the carnal mind of MAN.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Georgia, serif]In 1054 A.D. the Greek Orthodox Church was birthed out of this Great Harlot. This is the Second manifestation of the Church, also having union with government. And it too came forth from the carnal mind of MAN.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Georgia, serif]In 1517 A.D. Protestantism is birthed out of the Great Harlot. This one had life for a moment in time, and then is declared by the Lord to, “...have a name that you live, and are dead...†(Rev 3:1) The moment it joined together with government it died, and became the Third manifestation of the Church which was brought forth from the carnal mind of MAN[/FONT]
“[FONT=Georgia, serif]...And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the Last Adam was made a Life giving Spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the Second Man is the Lord from heaven...†(1Cor 15:45-47) God only sees the first Adam and the Last Adam: the first man and the Second Man in His view of things. The first man has a body and the Second Man has a body: everyone upon the earth is a member of one or the other. And, as we know, God's number for MAN is SIX, as man was formed on the sixth day: this is Adam's number, this is “...THE NUMBER OF A MAN..!â€[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Therefore, we have the First Church system, which was from the mind of earthy man: SIX. The [/FONT] [FONT=Georgia, serif]Second Church system, which also proceeded from the mind of earthy man: SIX. And the Third[/FONT] [FONT=Georgia, serif]Church system, and it too came from the earthy mind of man: SIX.[/FONT]

“[FONT=Georgia, serif]...HERE IS WISDOM...â€

We have
seen THREE religious systems which have come forth from[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] the [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]earthy[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] mind [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]OF MAN[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]. Therefore: [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]SIX SIX SIX[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]. This [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]IS[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]mark of the beast[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]This subject is so VAST and the only way to see it clearly is to first get rid of the mark. [/FONT][/QUOTE]
Dear friend, This interpretation of 666 as any Christian church is false. According to what Christians have always known, NERON CAESAR in the Greek form of Hebrew adds up to 666 in Greek Gematria, with Greek letters being assigned numerical values all adding up to 666. Interestingly enough, some Greek manuscripts have 616, not 666, and that would add up to another Roman Emperor besides Nero. But the beast of Revelation is NERO CAESAR. Regarding the secular government and the powers of man that be, according to Romans 13, Christians are to submit themselves to governments of men. There is no authority of government except from God, and any authority not of God will be overthrown by the people in a revolution. In Erie PA Scott Harrington
:pray

In every instance in the Book of Revelation the numbers are in written form.
True.

But, four is still 4, and seven is still 7. If I use the same rule for numbers consistently then six hundred, three score and six is simply 666.
Well, no.

Stigma is the Greek word for six (6).

If John had meant to write 6 6 6, he would have written stigma stigma stigma.

But that's not what he wrote.
He wrote chi xi stigma.

chi is the Greek word for 600, not 6.
xi is the Greek word for 60, not 6.

Theophilus is correct.
It is 600 60 6, not 6 6 6.

are you advocating a christian civil war in the west??

Dear jasoncran,
Me? Would you have advocated a revolution in 1776? That is what I was referring to. Our government is here, not because of king George III, but because of an American revolution against his rule. On what Biblical basis does one either support the rule of King George III of England, or the rule of the American people and of George Washington as US President? The Scripture is silent on these matters. It just says to obey the rulers (Romans 13). It neither forbids nor advocates revolution. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

Dear jasoncran,
Me? Would you have advocated a revolution in 1776? That is what I was referring to. Our government is here, not because of king George III, but because of an American revolution against his rule. On what Biblical basis does one either support the rule of King George III of England, or the rule of the American people and of George Washington as US President? The Scripture is silent on these matters. It just says to obey the rulers (Romans 13). It neither forbids nor advocates revolution. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

sigh, did you really read up why we went to war with brittain??

and why now it wouldnt be the same. so they pass laws making christianity illegal here in the u.s. it would be called an inserrection not a war for independence. as no state would seperate for the cause for the sake of argument

i have read up on early christian history of the u.s. and know it well.

sigh, did you really read up why we went to war with brittain??

and why now it wouldnt be the same. so they pass laws making christianity illegal here in the u.s. it would be called an inserrection not a war for independence. as no state would seperate for the cause for the sake of argument

i have read up on early christian history of the u.s. and know it well.
Dear Jasoncran, I don't think the USA will outlaw any form of Christianity, it just may tend toward Reconstructionism. This would probably not succeed, as most Christians in America are not followers of Rousas John Rushdoony and people like him. Such people, if they got into the U.S. Presidency, the Congress, and the Supreme Court, would outlaw all forms of Christianity not agreeing with Reformed (Presbyterian/Calvinist) Christianity. Go figure. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back