Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

understanding 666

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
:chin Heaven is where judgement sits and where it originates from over every created thing. It remains that God's kingdom will reign literally on earth and in heaven, Christ will return literally, there is a literal antichrist, there is a literal tribulation, there is a literal sea beast empowered by a literal earth beast.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Does the literal beast have seven literal heads and ten literal horns ten literal crowns ...?

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Is this beast wounded by a literal sword?

I am sorry you seem to take offense. I am asking a real question. You said a lot was literal and i was wondering to what degree you believe 'things' to be literal. I should have tried to find some way to ask with out sounding offensive.

Indeed Jesus' kingdom was not of that world.
Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

It is very difficult to express yourself properly in the written form, and not necessarily much easier for me by the spoken word - I think that posts are often misunderstood because of this very reason. I am sorry I misunderstood yours.

I believe that the beast is a belief system that is in existence and as such it is then literal but is described symbolically. We know that the seven heads are seven mountains - Christ was described as a stone cut from a mountain, therefore scripture reveals what a mountain is, in Christ's case he was cut from the tribe of Judah. I am not saying that the Hebrews/Israelites are the mountains spoken of, but this is the only way I can give an illustration of what I believe the mountains represent.

Ten horns are known to describe ten literal, that is will actually exist, leaders/kings that will receive their power when the sea beast receives its image and voice from the earth beast. It is these kings that will collaborate and decide to destroy the mother of harlots that is also existence. I believe that 'and upon his horns ten crowns' means that each king will abide by ten crowning rules/principles.

As for the sword - I think that this must refer to the sword of truth which does indeed wound the beast to death but it (the beast) remains alive. That is the beast is wounded to spiritual death by the sword of truth because it does not accept truth but remains alive in the flesh.

Do you believe your concept of 'literal' is consistent?

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Does the literal beast have seven literal heads and ten literal horns ten literal crowns ...?

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Is this beast wounded by a literal sword?

the bible tells the reader what these mean. the sea is the nations and toungues. figure what the symbolism means that take it literally.

I have asked the same question Sinthesis, and waiting for an answer.

Do you believe your concept of 'literal' is consistent?

Enveida,

If wish not to discuss this just say so.

If ya think the whole is literal say so. If ya think parts are say so.

It ain't like this is a test your hoping to get a grade on.

Maybe you have repeated it often.

Jason gave a straight up answer

The entire (volume) Book is given to teach us of the sufferings of our Lord Jesus and the glory of his priestly ministration.

1 Peter 1:7-13

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; KJV

The end/fruit of our faith is the salvation of our souls in the grace that will be brought unto us at the revelation of Jesus Christ, when he comes in flaming fire with his holy angels and devours the adversary by the brightness of his (Jesus') coming and consuming him (the adversary) by the spirit of his (Jesus') mouth.

666 must needs be understood within the principles of our fellowship in Jesus' sufferings and the glory of God by our dying in the Lord.

Rev 14:13
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. KJV

This is the true and eternal sabbath rest. This is freedom from the beast, his image, his mark, his number and his name.

Joe

How about some mathematical properties of 666?

666 is the sum of the first 36 integers, i.e.

1+2+3+4+5+ ... +34+35+36 = 666

In statistics, that's the same as saying "37 choose 2" Or 37!/35!2! If we have 37 distinct objects, we have 666 possible ways to pair them in other words.

Reducing to prime numbers 666 = 2 x 3 x 3 x 37.

The idea to the above exercises is to see what other numbers are related to it (clearly 37 is related to it). Oftentimes a number in scripture is related to multiples of others and take on the meanings of the related numbers.

The number of the elect, 153, has similar properties summing only to 17 instead.

One translation discovered that the actual number was not 666, but 616. Now that would mess up the math somewhat. :lol

Now here's something interesting you gave in that article, Reba:

The 37th Greek word in Strong's dictionary is "hagiazo", which is translated as "hallow", "be holy" or "sanctify".

In Strong's you find this:

G37
ἁγιάζω
hagiazō
hag-ee-ad'-zo
From G40; to make holy, that is, (ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate: - hallow, be holy, sanctify.

And in your article it also mentions this......

There are 37 U.S. Federal Reserve Banks.

Checking their site I came across this (I think the article was referring to the number of state member banks):

As of September 30, 2010, there were 37 state member banks, 92 national banks, and 378 state-chartered, non-member banks in the District. In addition, the District is home to 69 U.S. branches, agencies, and representative offices of foreign banks and six Edge Act agreement corporations.

Just wanted to make sure everything checked out. Those two and the American Express one are interesting.

Revelation 19: 20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

So everyone in churches gets thrown in the lake of fire?

What the Scripture says is, "THESE BOTH," referring to the beast and the false prophet, it does not say anything about those having received the mark or worshiped his image being thrown into a lake of fire. The verse specifically says, "THESE BOTH."

What the Scripture says is, "THESE BOTH," referring to the beast and the false prophet, it does not say anything about those having received the mark or worshiped his image being thrown into a lake of fire. The verse specifically says, "THESE BOTH."

Luke 12
[45] But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
[46] The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
[47] And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

[48] But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Surely this is the judgement for those who will be executed in hell? Obadiah 1:16 along with Malachi 4:1-3 + Jude 1:6-7's example!

--Elijah

Luke 12
[45] But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
[46] The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
[47] And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

[48] But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Surely this is the judgement for those who will be executed in hell? Obadiah 1:16 along with Malachi 4:1-3 + Jude 1:6-7's example!

--Elijah

PART ONE: To address this we will start with Revelation 3:3 - [FONT=Georgia, serif]Remember therefore how you have received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore you shall not watch, I will come on you as a thief, and you shall not know what hour I will come upon you[/FONT]

“[FONT=Georgia, serif]...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Remember therefore how you have received and heard, and hold fast, and repent[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]...” Remember, that is to [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]reflect[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]accordingly[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif],[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] in what way you got hold of and understood the truth, also the need to [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]prevent[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] those things from escaping. These one's need to [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]repent[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif], they need to [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]reconsider[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]These one's, the leaders of God people, are instructed that they should reconsider, and look back with clear vision, so that they would understand how they got hold of what they have, what it is that they, the shepherds, previously understood so as to prevent [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]those things[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] from slipping away. As the Apostle Paul said, “...Therefore we ought to [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]give the more earnest heed[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] to the things which we have heard [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]lest at any time we should let slip[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]...” (Heb 2:1)[/FONT]

“[FONT=Georgia, serif]...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]If therefore you shall not watch[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]...” If accordingly, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]on the other hand[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif],[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] you will not stay awake...[/FONT]

“[FONT=Georgia, serif]...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]I will come on you as a thief[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]...” The term c[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]ome on you[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] is in the sense of something being [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]superimposed upon [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]something[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]. If we are awake and have, “...put on our beautiful garments...” (Isa 52:1,) then when the Lord [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]comes[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] to inhabit His Temple (His body) we will be ready. If not, the Lord Jesus said, “...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]The Lord of that servant will come in a day when he looks not for Him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]appoint him his portion with the unbelievers[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]. And that servant, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]which knew[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] his lord's will, and [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]prepared not[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] himself, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]neither did[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] according to His will, shall be beaten with many stripes[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]...” (Luk 12:46, 47)[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]The Lord will come “...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]as a thief[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]...” to [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]those stars[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif], those shepherds, those believers “...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]who hold the truth in unrighteousness[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]...” (Rom 1:18) As we [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]see[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] those servants will [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]be bisected[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif], that is [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]thoroughly [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]examined[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] by, “...Him with whom we have to do...” (Heb4:13) And we [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]see[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] that the portion, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]the [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]share[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif],[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] these ones receive is whatever the Lord allots to [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]unbelievers[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]. The word [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]unbelievers [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]does[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] not[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] speak of the lost, for[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] they get [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]no portion[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif], their final destination is, “...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]the lake of fire[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]...” This points to the fact that, “...the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back ([/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]becomes an unbeliever,[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]) my soul shall have no pleasure in him...” (Heb 10:38)[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]
[/FONT]

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back