Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Unitarian Pagans

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
T

tzalam2

UNITARIAN PAGANS CELEBRATE SAMHAIN

A dark creature known as a dementor hovered above the entrance to the hall, spooking the souls who entered. Over in the corner, a cauldron simmered, emitting a murky fog of smoke, while several golden candles floated above the hall.

The fireplace was overflowing with letters addressed to Mr. H. Potter, and the sorting hat sat on the head table among several spell books. Up the stairs to the right, ''witchy wares'' were on sale in Diagon Alley, a place to buy everything a witch or wizard would need.

To read this story in full, please visit
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/s ... 8119.shtml

tzalam2 said:
UNITARIAN PAGANS CELEBRATE SAMHAIN

A dark creature known as a dementor hovered above the entrance to the hall, spooking the souls who entered. Over in the corner, a cauldron simmered, emitting a murky fog of smoke, while several golden candles floated above the hall.

The fireplace was overflowing with letters addressed to Mr. H. Potter, and the sorting hat sat on the head table among several spell books. Up the stairs to the right, ''witchy wares'' were on sale in Diagon Alley, a place to buy everything a witch or wizard would need.

To read this story in full, please visit
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/s ... 8119.shtml

uh... what?

summary?

pagans are anti-christian. the unitarian church tells people they welcome all religions.

unitarians are not tolerant of Christianity, the Christianity of the Bible.

tzalam2 said:
pagans are anti-christian. the unitarian church tells people they welcome all religions.

pagans are not anti-christian, though. they are simply non-christian.

unitarians

tzalam2 said:

Unitarians welcome all faiths. However you won't find many Christians in a Unitarian church. You will find many ex Christians but very few practicing ones.Most Christians don't fit in because they have been taught at an early age what to believe. say and think and Unitarians have no such vices.

On the contrary rez, Unitarians, like you, have been taught what to think, just from a different source.

In a survey[1], reported but not sponsored by the UUA, Unitarian Universalists in the US were asked which term or terms of a set provided best describe their belief. The top choices were:

Humanist - 54%
Agnostic - 33%
Earth-centered - 31%
Atheist - 18%
Buddhist - 16.5%
Christian - 13.1%
Pagan - 13.1%

Re: unitarians

reznwerks said:
Unitarians welcome all faiths. However you won't find many Christians in a Unitarian church. You will find many ex Christians but very few practicing ones.Most Christians don't fit in because they have been taught at an early age what to believe. say and think and Unitarians have no such vices.

Unitarians wouldnt accept true Christians if they knew what Christianity stood for. Sorry to say this, but Christianity is exclusive.

If there are "christians" attending a unitarian church, they are not Christians, just self proclaimed ones.

Christians dont fit in because truth is absolute, for any statement to the contrary would be an invalid statement.

Truth is also exclusive. That's what makes truth, truth! :wink:

Unitarians wouldnt accept true Christians if they knew what Christianity stood for. Sorry to say this, but Christianity is exclusive.

If there are "christians" attending a unitarian church, they are not Christians, just self proclaimed ones.

Christians dont fit in because truth is absolute, for any statement to the contrary would be an invalid statement.

Truth is also exclusive. That's what makes truth, truth!

Yes the old "True Christians" statement....

You mean the ones without sin right?????

I always forget that only certain people that go to certain buildings on Sundays will be in Heaven....

Ro 13:14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

Col 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

1Pe 5:5 Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Soma-Sight said:
Yes the old "True Christians" statement....

You mean the ones without sin right?????

I always forget that only certain people that go to certain buildings on Sundays will be in Heaven....

Wrong.

I was not referring to those without sin. If you read what I posted, I said "true Christians" meaning CHristians that understand that truth is absolute. You can't attend and worship at a unitarian church if you truly are Christian. Then, you would be a "Christian" who doesn't understand the verse...

John 14:6 "Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.""

My post had nothing to do with sin, my friend. Sorry. 8-)

Wrong.

I was not referring to those without sin. If you read what I posted, I said "true Christians" meaning CHristians that understand that truth is absolute. You can't attend and worship at a unitarian church if you truly are Christian. Then, you would be a "Christian" who doesn't understand the verse...

John 14:6 "Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.""

My post had nothing to do with sin, my friend. Sorry.

This all boils down to Objective Truth and arguments in favor of as you stated...

You are in favor of Objective Truth.

There is a black and white... No gray in any situation...

For instance..

If a Nazi comes to the door looking for Jews that are hiding in your house.... you would have to tell them where they are because the TRUTH of the matter is you would be LYING if you did otherwise...

Even if it saved the life of those in the basement it is still wrong.

To live a life with this mentality makes one a machine rather than a human being....

If you TRULY believe in Objective Truth you must always live a life that never contradicts or has any flexibility.

If we lived in a world where there was only "Objective Truth" and a complete adherance by everyone to it..... There would be no free will and you would be a robot

And even if there is Objective Truth as you imply....

Man is Fallible so therefore cannot Understand it completly!

The Bible I am sure you believe to be this "Objective Truth" but wait a minute.... How come we have 1,000's of denominations with the same standard!

Because only God understands Truth! man cannot and does not still today or we wouldnt be "dead in sin".

So for you to say that your being "Objective" by labelling all Unitarians as hellbound to me wrings of inconsistency becuase ONLY GOD understands "Objective Truth" completely!

Soma-Sight said:
You are in favor of Objective Truth.

Howd you come to this statement? I just got through typing all about how truth is not relative, its absolute, and exclusive!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back