Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Universality IS the only real religion

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The way you described Universality in your other thread made it sound like it was a philosophy to be accepting and open to any other philosophy in general. Not as a religion. Even less as a true religion. But based on the conversation from that thread, I have a question concerning Universality. (If my understanding of it is correct so far)

Is universality a philosophy to accept everything in general, but be more scrutinizing in the details. Such as accepting Christianity in general, but scrutinizing many of the details that are said within the bible, within churches, or among it's believers?

If this is true with one group of perspectives accepted such as Christianity, then it's likely to be true in the other things the philosophy says it accepts. Which might mean it really doesn't accept everything, but more tries to remodel everything into something it can accept.

The idea of a wolf in sheeps clothing pops into my head if my observation is right. Or a bait a switch sort of thing in business. I highly doubt you mean it in such ways, Deep'N'Dark, but I'd really advise you to be careful with this kind of philosophy. If a philosophy is slippery when it comes to pinning down what it says and counts as true, let that be a red flag, and be careful around it. Expecially before accepting it.

He doesn't reply as he is dead.
He already replied. No one stops you from reading His Words and you asking Him to prove Himself to you, in your heart. Any other approach is rather pointless.

And btw, His Words are in four short writings, of Matt. Mark, Luke and John, which is a more than a sufficient introduction for anyone.

HA! There's so much for you to learn. My best wishes that you find contact with Jesus. God is good, and He is not someone who hides, the world is full of stories and experiences touched by God. Just look and you'll find them. Then you need to discern not if He's there, but what is actually from Him. If Jesus was alive, and the bible is accurate in what it's said concerning Jesus's reserection, then Jesus is very much alive and well still to this day.

The bible teaches us that we were all dead in our trespasses and our sins before we came to Christ...

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

A dead man has no feelings, you can change that, do you have a bible?

tob

There's nothing wrong with Universality, as it's also for the atheists. You believe as a blind people into Jesus tbh.
And Universality only means that everything is 100% based on the TRUTH.

There's nothing wrong with Universality, as it's also for the atheists. You believe as a blind people into Jesus tbh.

Being a christian doesn't equate to being against reasoning in worldly engagements. Most believers are quite practical and employ common sense just like anyone else does.

HA! There's so much for you to learn. My best wishes that you find contact with Jesus. God is good, and He is not someone who hides, the world is full of stories and experiences touched by God. Just look and you'll find them. Then you need to discern not if He's there, but what is actually from Him. If Jesus was alive, and the bible is accurate in what it's said concerning Jesus's reserection, then Jesus is very much alive and well still to this day.

Sorry but Universality is way more acceptable than christianity - as it has no unproofed ideology in it.

Please explain. If everything is based on truth but not everything is true. Then what's the difference between that and what I said concerning it, saying it accepts everything but accepts nothing until it remolds the concept it says is accepted?

Either way elaborate on what you mean.

Really? It's also a known fact that christianity wasn't made up by Jesus but some 66 other guys.
Not true. It is believed by non-Christians to be "made up" by 66 men but we know otherwise. Please be advised that you are in clear violation of our ToS which you agreed to so I may not allow this to continue much longer.

I had a good buddy of mine, a very intelligent man who was "universal" as to 'religions' who claimed he had insights with christianity, but really he just had abuses at the hands of the RCC as his measure. I asked him if he'd ever just read the Gospels. Nope. But he thought he knew everything about christianity.

I requested him to simply read before spouting off about "christianity" if he'd never read the Gospels, gave him my old RSV version and paper clipped the 4 Gospels and said, "read it" then tell me.

He couldn't. He said when he read it, a fog would descend on his mind.

A couple decades later, he received Jesus into his heart, in a heart felt prayer in my office. He had managed to shuffle through a few pages in those long years, and that was enough for him to make the classic "leap of faith" but it wasn't as hard as he initially perceived.

God in Christ loves you. There is no fear in His Love, nor legitimate cause for rejection.

Please explain. If everything is based on truth but not everything is true. Then what's the difference between that and what I said concerning it, saying it accepts everything but accepts nothing until it remolds the concept it says is accepted?

Either way elaborate on what you mean.
Firstly, I think that christanity isn't famous nowhere else than on this planet - yet the universe has shitloads of more planets having life. Also Universality means we don't belive anything else that can't be proven. And universality means we share the universal view of everything.

Sorry but Universality is way more acceptable than christianity - as it has no unproofed ideology in it.
All of your posts in this thread come across like you don't believe in Universality at all - but that you are simply making statements to get people to respond. Are you writing a college paper on universality or Christianity? Looking for statements to put in your paper are you? :)

It would appear that is you actually held beliefs or positions that were important to you, you could and would elaborate on them.

Not true. It is believed by non-Christians to be "made up" by 66 men but we know otherwise. Please be advised that you are in clear violation of our ToS which you agreed to so I may not allow this to continue much longer.
This only means you can't accept freedom of speech and can't be taken seriously.

This only means you can't accept freedom of speech and can't be taken seriously.
You certainly do not understand what freedom of speech is. That freedom you speak of, from our constitution, is a protection of (primarily) political speech and was intended to protect you from gov't action against you.

"Freedom of speech" does not exist in any other form that I am aware of. CERTAINLY not on a private message board such as this one.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back