Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

$ure$ingoftheEnd

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
H

Hitch

NASA: World temp up 1½° since 1850

March 20, 2012 by Don Surber
Global warming is real and it is here. Over the last 162 years, the world temperature — as measured by the United States government — has risen a whopping 0.75° Celsius — or 1½° Fahrenheit since 1850.​
Wow, I am sweating bullets.​
The weather in Poca, West Virginia, today has radically changed since Putnam County was founded in the 19th century. Warm weather has crept up, changing our clime. The weather today is more like the weather of Hamlin, West Virginia, some 20 miles south. At this rate, in 15,000 years, it will be like Acapulco but without the Gulf.

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/53101

Wow, I am sweating bullets.

The weather in Poca, West Virginia, today has radically changed since Putnam County was founded in the 19th century. Warm weather has crept up, changing our clime. The weather today is more like the weather of Hamlin, West Virginia, some 20 miles south. At this rate, in 15,000 years, it will be like Acapulco but without the Gulf.

Bring it on!!!! :clap:pray:thumbsup

The way this issue ,as a whole, mirrors Rapturism is a gas (pun intended)

Illogical, sensational and fashion driven-

Glaciers retreat- sure proof of global warming

Glaciers advance - sure proof of global warming

War in the Middle East -sure proof of the soon coming rapture

Peace in the Middle East - sure proof of the soon coming rapture

I reckon the absurdly large portion of this driven by fashion ,as opposed to science,will aid in its demise. Statism its self will always be with us but this particular version will be akin to 1970s bellbottoms. No one will even want it known that they had anything to do with it. And just maybe the teens will be remembered as the decade we saw the idiot twins Rapturism and anthropogenic global warming pushed back to lunatic fringe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hitch, you're a riot ... thank$ for providing the mean$ for a hardy laugh.

You demon$trate that you obviou$ly know there i$ BIG money for tho$e who $ign on to global warming.

$everal years ago, the late author Michael Crichton wrote an intere$ting book called "State of Fear" ... it provided quite the bit of in$ight into the fal$ehood known a$ global warming. Good book.

And of cour$e rapture is coming $oon .... it'll mo$t likely happen in early June .... in my part of the world, it'$ called "air conditioning"................

:wave

i got something better that i have been debating agaisnt.. the two gospels one for the jew and one for the gentile. the problem is that isnt what the bible says.

i got something better that i have been debating agaisnt.. the two gospels one for the jew and one for the gentile. the problem is that isnt what the bible says.
Heh heh I cant think any DF distinctives are what the bible says.

Heh heh I cant think any DF distinctives are what the bible says.
the nut that pushes the torah on the hebrews that have come to the lord is a gentile. why do gentiles obsess over the law when most jews that come to the lord go whew what a relief i dont have to be like that? im free in jesus then they decide either to be like the gentile church or be like the messanic jews. either way they dont push the law like these legalists.i could see a new jewish believer doing this but someone saved longer then i have been alive.

NASA: World temp up 1½° since 1850

March 20, 2012 by Don Surber
Global warming is real and it is here. Over the last 162 years, the world temperature — as measured by the United States government — has risen a whopping 0.75° Celsius — or 1½° Fahrenheit since 1850.​
Wow, I am sweating bullets.​

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/53101

Haha. Great piece of satire, Hitch. :thumbsup

I have never actually studied the science of climate change so I don't have an intelligent opinion to offer on this. And because little 'ol me at this time has in no way any ability to control the climate in any way (except in my own home), I don't actually care.

But I find it absolutely hysterical that people who have never actually studied the science themselves have come to an iron clad conclusion on this issue simply because it is in fashion as the Republican thing to do. You believe whatever the right side of the blow hole spews at any given moment. There is a term for this, it's called brainwashing.

:toofunny:toofunny:toofunny:toofunny:toofunny:toofunny:toofunny:toofunny

But I find it absolutely hysterical that people who have never actually studied the science themselves have come to an iron clad conclusion on this issue simply because it is in fashion as the Republican thing to do.
Believe it or not, people who do study such things - and who may also happen to be Democrats - also disbelieve the case made for man-made global warming...er..."climate change." If you'd ever like to educate yourself on the dishonesty prevalent behind climate science, I just so happen to have all of the East Anglia email correspondence that was released on the web awhile back.

Let's just say they reveal that the only "man-made warming" going on was the heat these so-called "scientists" were using to cook their books, all in an effort to keep grant money pouring in.

And really, isn't that what all cons and con artists are about: the money?

Just ask Obama. He's got the con down pat.

Climate change is a real historical fact. The only question is to whether human activity is having an effect on climate, and money pollutes science on both sides of the argument. Natural processes have changed climate throughout history to a far greater degree than we could ever even aspire to in our most diabolically destructive hubris-tic fantasies.

Climate change is a real historical fact. The only question is to whether human activity is having an effect on climate, and money pollutes science on both sides of the argument. Natural processes have changed climate throughout history to a far greater degree than we could ever even aspire to in our most diabolically destructive hubris-tic fantasies.

How dare you disagree with Limbaugh, Hannity and Faux News?

Faux News?

:toofunny That's a goodin'

To all:

Regarding climate change, I learned from a new-age type lecturer David Wilcock that this is happening on other planets in the solar system as well. Now, while I don't ascribe to everything he says, and some of his theories are downright, well.... Still, he is an interesting and entertaining person to listen to. He usually gets his facts from valid scientific sources, but then adds his own esoteric theories and metaphysical twists to them.

What I am saying is that he quoted NASA and similar sources regarding planetary warming other than the earth. As he quipped, Jupiter does not have any SUV's, and global warming is not solely caused by mankind. Valid point (regardless of where he took it later). Sure enough, I found loads of articles on the Internet, and from reputable sources and news reporters (as opposed to say, some conspiracy theory site) that this is true.

The "way out" that the mainline scientific establishment gives is that they say, yes, there is planetary warming, but we have not studied it long enough to know what is normal yet. And thus they conveniently sweep it under the rug.

Nevertheless, planetary warming is a fact, and whether its a cycle of some sort, or some other reason, they are warming up. My :twocents is that it's from more solar activity lately, to which David Wilcock agrees, as he also shown data of increased solar activity over history. All one has to do is go to spaceweather.com and see all the sunspots, CME's and whatnot lately.

I challenge all you fine folks here to google planetary warming and see that mainline science does attest to it, but then they promptly dismiss it (probably lest people would wake up to the fact that this so-called warming on earth here is not caused by mankind).

Climate change is a real historical fact.

Yes, which is why the arctic was once a garden paradise.

The only question is to whether human activity is having an effect on climate, and money pollutes science on both sides of the argument.

Disagree. There's no money in saying man doesn't cause climate change, as it's the position that needs to be refuted, and millions of dollars have been poured into "research" to do just that.

Natural processes have changed climate throughout history to a far greater degree than we could ever even aspire to in our most diabolically destructive hubris-tic fantasies.

Agree. Anthropogenic climate change is not a scientific theory. It's political dogma for those on the left whose aim is to destroy the prosperity of the west and redistribute wealth.

It's Marxist red all dressed in green.

Tim,

Last week, I heard a uncommon, but somewhat valid scientific explanation for what you said. I can attempt to explain it, but it could fly in the face of YEC.

Our galaxy is traveling through space at some outrageous speed. It leaves a wake of solar "debris". Our solar system orbits our galaxy about once every 13,000 years or so. So, about every 13,000 years, our solar system enters this wake and possibly causes all sort of disturbances that could effect the Sun and weather on ours, and the other planets.

Think of a boat towing a skier. If that skier was able to travel in circular motion around that boat, eventually it will travel through the wake of that boat. Anyone who has been on a boat knows how rough the water is in this wake.

Tim,

Last week, I heard a uncommon, but somewhat valid scientific explanation for what you said. I can attempt to explain it, but it could fly in the face of YEC.

Our galaxy is traveling through space at some outrageous speed. It leaves a wake of solar "debris". Our solar system orbits our galaxy about once every 13,000 years or so. So, about every 13,000 years, our solar system enters this wake and possibly causes all sort of disturbances that could effect the Sun and weather on ours, and the other planets.

Think of a boat towing a skier. If that skier was able to travel in circular motion around that boat, eventually it will travel through the wake of that boat. Anyone who has been on a boat knows how rough the water is in this wake.

I can dig that. I think Adam is recent in creation, but more of a recreation. I believe in the earth age gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 so earth can be a lot older. It seems the bible definitely teaches the earth's been thru some cataclysms.

Sure the warming is man made ... 7 billion people.

7,000,000,000 times 98.6 and you have a heat wave. :lol

I am pleased to be living in a warming trend i dont like the cold..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back