Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

US Food Prices To Double Soon?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Hidden In Him

Staff member
The article included below deals specifically with what may soon be happening in the United States economy. But regardless of where you live, the question posed in the following thread is this: What would you do if food prices doubled within the space of just the next few months? Even if it merely increased by another 50%, what would you do to cope with the increased cost of living, and what would you consider cutting down on if you had to eliminate something, or several somethings?

I ask because it appears food prices in the US may indeed be doubling soon. This is the contention of the following article, published last week in the Epoch Times, where several farmers were interviewed who are now warning that the costs they are presently incurring are going up dramatically, and these costs will of necessity have to be passed on to the consumer by the time their goods hit the market in just a few months.

New Wave of Food Price Hikes Set to Hit Americans This Fall
The inflation consumers have witnessed thus far does not yet reflect the severity of the cost increases farmers are facing today.
By Kevin Stocklin

ABSRAG2AGZGD5HYI4HWP4YOLQM.png

In its effort to contain inflation, the Federal Reserve has begun what many expect to be a series of interest rate boosts, which are already taking a toll on stock and housing markets, with job losses likely to follow. While Americans grow weary of record-high gas and grocery prices, however, another round of price increases is making its way through the supply chain and is expected to reach consumers this fall.

"People don't realize what's fixing to hit them," Texas farmer Lynn "Bugsy" Allen said. "They think it's tough right now; you give it until October. Food prices are going to double."

The 8.8 percent increase in food prices that Americans have already seen doesn't take into account the dramatically higher costs that farmers are now experiencing. That's because farers pay upfront, and only recoup their expenses at the point of sale, months later.

"Usually what we see on the farm the consumer doesn't see for another 18 months," said John Chester, a Tennessee farmer of corn, wheat and soybeans. But with the severity if these cost increases, consumers could feel the effects much sooner, particularly if weather becomes a factor.

"Nothing that consumers are paying is going to bridge the gap for farmers right now," according to Lorenda Overman, a North Carolina farmer who raises hogs, and grows corn, soybeans and sweet potatoes. "The prices have not hit the grocery stores yet," but she expects they will start to by the end of summer... Higher food and energy prices will leave Americans with less money to spend on other goods, which will reduce demand and create repercussions for the wider economy.

In addressing something related more specifically to the question posed in this thread, the article also went on to state:

Economic reports are indicating that that Americans are already unable to keep up with inflation. Household savings fell to the lowest rate in 14 years, as people struggle to maintain their standard of living. Credit card debt is hitting record highs, and retailers say they are preparing for more consumers to limit their spending to the "bare-bones basics."

My guess is the answer for most (and this of necessity) will be to NOT continue trying to maintain their standard of living but start looking for ways to cut down, and most certainly it will not be to continue going deeper into debt, thinking things will all get better eventually. As scripture states, godliness with contentment is great gain, and this is a truth the modern, prosperous church may have a new appreciation for as we move deeper and deeper into the end-times.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

For those who have not read it, the subject matter discussed above and what to do about it is also dealt with in more detail in the following thread:

Hi HIH,

I so agree with you. The warning has been going out for months but still many are holding fast to the world system thinking that `Oh, we have had rises before, but it will come good again, it always does.`

Well this economic Tsunami is looming above us and about to crash in about 3 months. Rising, rising till it crashes about us and the devastation will be horrific. People will see man`s world system crash and think it is the end of the world.

After the depression hits will be the chaos, the looting, the gangs, the tribes hunting in packs for food etc. It will not be a peaceful or safe (Peace & Safety) time. Sri Lanka is a precursor of what is to come.

This will be a time when those who had prepared in the hearts and with extra food can help others who will be devastated. Many will turn again to God and help others too.

Later, amid the debris the elites will present their solution of a CBDC with vouchers for all who submit to their control. We`ll be gone by then, Praise the Lord.

Marilyn.

Hi HIH,

I so agree with you. The warning has been going out for months but still many are holding fast to the world system thinking that `Oh, we have had rises before, but it will come good again, it always does.`

Well this economic Tsunami is looming above us and about to crash in about 3 months. Rising, rising till it crashes about us and the devastation will be horrific. People will see man`s world system crash and think it is the end of the world.

After the depression hits will be the chaos, the looting, the gangs, the tribes hunting in packs for food etc. It will not be a peaceful or safe (Peace & Safety) time. Sri Lanka is a precursor of what is to come.

This will be a time when those who had prepared in the hearts and with extra food can help others who will be devastated. Many will turn again to God and help others too.

Later, amid the debris the elites will present their solution of a CBDC with vouchers for all who submit to their control. We`ll be gone by then, Praise the Lord.

Marilyn.

Sounds like we have a similar view of how things will be playing out. :) Though I still prefer the Titanic analogy to a tsunami one laying everything waste. Life will go on, and there will still be boats coming to rescue many (the church, that is, as you say). But the times of luxury and the carefree living are coming to an end.

And you're right. I keep noticing the same thing. I've been watching videos for weeks now, and so many of them don't seem to get it yet. I'm like, "What's up?" but then I realize it's because they don't have the Spirit of God within them, so they don't know what's actually happening yet. There are a few here and there who are starting to wake up - big fish, who are no longer remaining silent about there being a serious problem. The CEO of Morgan Chase stated just last week that there is a hurricane out there, and it's coming. It's just a matter of how bad it will be. The Dow Jones dropped something like 300 points immediately, Lol, but I can tell most still think things will eventually just blow over.

I had been a couple of months without really doing any grocery shopping , my wife had been doing the shopping . Imagine my shock upon seeing the prices of groceries now :eek ! We need to stock up and prepare not just for our own sake but so we may help others in their time of need .
Hidden In Him in case you missed this thread I am going to link it , it is boots on the ground reporting from the frontlines of growing food for our tables provided by WIP . https://christianforums.net/threads/stuck-between-rock-and-hard-place.90825/#post-1672962

I had been a couple of months without really doing any grocery shopping , my wife had been doing the shopping . Imagine my shock upon seeing the prices of groceries now :eek ! We need to stock up and prepare not just for our own sake but so we may help others in their time of need .
Hidden In Him in case you missed this thread I am going to link it , it is boots on the ground reporting from the frontlines of growing food for our tables provided by WIP . https://christianforums.net/threads/stuck-between-rock-and-hard-place.90825/#post-1672962

That was interesting reading. :) If WIP is a hobby farmer, imagine how nerve-racking it must be being a commercial farmer right now.

Thanks for alerting me to the thread. I may share some of that elsewhere. :thumb

Food prices are already expensive here, but that's what you get when you live outside the big city. Our groceries are generally a few cents to $1+ more expensive per item than the big city as is so prices slowly increasing is hurting a lot of people here...it's difficult. We've been spending gas to go to the big city and get a larger amount of food for the money we have. Gas is a great pain, but we at least have food for the entire month. For food prices to go up more here would be financially crippling.

If we have to, we'll end up having to do that green house project we've always wanted to do, but it's a bit hard when you're flat out broke. Growing food is what will be cheaper and something we'd have to do.

Food prices are already expensive here, but that's what you get when you live outside the big city. Our groceries are generally a few cents to $1+ more expensive per item than the big city as is so prices slowly increasing is hurting a lot of people here...it's difficult. We've been spending gas to go to the big city and get a larger amount of food for the money we have. Gas is a great pain, but we at least have food for the entire month. For food prices to go up more here would be financially crippling.

If we have to, we'll end up having to do that green house project we've always wanted to do, but it's a bit hard when you're flat out broke. Growing food is what will be cheaper and something we'd have to do.

Be encouraged, sister.

I think trials like what we will be increasingly facing have a way of testing one's faith, and it causes us to cry out to God in prayer more in dependence upon Him alone. I'm certainly not happy about the direction everything is taking where the economy is concerned, because I feel for those who don't have faith or anything to turn to. But for those who do, it may prove to be a better time to live in spiritually-speaking for those who learn to depend on God as never before.

Larry Kudlow, putting it about as plainly as anyone has regarding May's Inflation report, and how the Fed's claims of inflation being transitory and that it has reached its peak have been complete falsehoods. Also hits on something I've been warning about for months: Spending by the Biden Administration is the absolute worst thing we could be doing right now - not just domestic spending but also the 40 billion dollars Congress just approved to be sent to the Ukraine on top of the billions we've already sent them. I feel for the Ukrainian people and I want them to be protected, But as predicted, it's becoming a bottomless pit we're pouring our money into even as our own economy is going down the toilet.

And instead of stopping the endless spending, what they're instead likely going to do is raise interest rates through the roof, which will bring our economy to a screeching halt and leave the US with a permanently crippled economy for years to come. I think it was all by design, as I have been saying since the beginning of the war in Ukraine.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back