Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

US Lie expectancy is now going down...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What do you all think of that? They (the statisticians) don't know what exactly the cause is--obesity, diabetes, etc. are potential causes. I think, personally, we're seeing the ill effects of excess and inequality. Even though the US is still a wealthy nation, a good bit of that wealth is controlled by the richest of the rich, a trend which from what I've read has been getting worse, not better, over the past several decades. Rising health care costs...the "middle-class slide" that makes living as well as one's parents nearly impossible...job insecurity...lack of access to health care...I think the causes are social and economic.

Do you think we're entering into the End Times? I mean, doesn't the Bible say somewhere (I should know the address, but I'm knew to this) that God would shorten the lives of those on earth as the end of days approached? Or do you think its just social and economic problems finally taking their toll?

What do you all think of that? They (the statisticians) don't know what exactly the cause is--obesity, diabetes, etc. are potential causes. I think, personally, we're seeing the ill effects of excess and inequality. Even though the US is still a wealthy nation, a good bit of that wealth is controlled by the richest of the rich, a trend which from what I've read has been getting worse, not better, over the past several decades. Rising health care costs...the "middle-class slide" that makes living as well as one's parents nearly impossible...job insecurity...lack of access to health care...I think the causes are social and economic.

Do you think we're entering into the End Times? I mean, doesn't the Bible say somewhere (I should know the address, but I'm knew to this) that God would shorten the lives of those on earth as the end of days approached? Or do you think its just social and economic problems finally taking their toll?

" except the tribulation be short in those days for the elect's sake no flesh would live"

Do you think we're entering into the End Times?

We've BEEN in the "end times" since Jesus ascended to the Father.

Obviously we're CLOSER to the "end of the age" NOW, than they were THEN.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:biggrinoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Medical costs are going up. That is another factor. People who should be seeing doctors for minor problems are not seeing them because even minor things cost a lot to get treatment for. Minor health problems can turn into major health issues if they go untreated long enough.

In my country the cost of seeing a dentist has gone above the budgets of a sizable portion of the public. Untreated tooth decay creates a passage way from more serious infections and disseises to enter into the body.

Add the high cost of health care, which is a strong disincentive to access health care with the high calorie, poor nutrient diets that promote obesity and diabetes and you got a great combination to cause the average life expectancy to start to fall.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Re: Do you think we're entering into the End Times?

We've BEEN in the "end times" since Jesus ascended to the Father.

Obviously we're CLOSER to the "end of the age" NOW, than they were THEN.

some here seem to be ignorant of that basic biblical fact.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back