Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] us marshall friend and fellow vet shot

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jasoncran

a friend of mine was shot in the hand in the line of duty. he is recovering but pray for his right hand. he is young and good officer.

update from him

I hope I hear good news tomorrow (today) from the Dr. Holding my arm above my shoulders for the past two weeks to protect the skin graft has been less then fun. I finally drove my truck today and it felt like I was 16 again! Ran into a good army buddy and his wife today. It reminded me how very happy I am that all of my friends from my old unit are home safe from Afghanistan. I've been (happily) out of the Army National Guard for over a year but always liked the idea of finishing my time in the military (I served for 9 years). I'm sure that door is closed for me now. I hope and pray I can continue to serve my country in the Marshals Service. As always I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your support. You guys make this so much easier for me!

your welcome. I didn't tell him that we were praying for him.thats a post on fb. I edited the unit he was with out. since he is a marshall I didn't want people knowing exactly where he is.

Those marshalls go ofter the really really bad guys... it is a good place for a believer to be.

I don't think he is a believer. I know that he has been to church ministry of bjj and that is how he got started into mma. he also well got me into mma.

I know that he was when he was with my unit and on at pretty well. he did drink and party etc. perhaps he did come to Christ and fell into sin, and has changed. I should ask him. I know that he and I have talked about the bible before, I just cant remember what he said.

this might be a good time to hit him with the Word again... could be a blessing to the both of you !

I have only talked to him on fb. the last time I talked to him or heard him speak about church. it wasn't in a good context. I think he was hurt in church. so if do start a conversation on that I need wisdom

yes its sad. I believe he was Baptist.he may come by the unit. I know I asked him to stop by and was messaging him on fb. so I might see him a few weeks.

Prayers continue for your friend, jasoncran ... His message to you definitely sounds encouraging
I want to add that this officer is well respected and also known by a fellow believing atf officer in my mma class. he aslo works with him and was there at the scene. so he is getting some form of the word. another officer was shot and it nearly got him in the neck and is back at work.

That's wonderful about the injured officer hearing the Word. After what he has experienced, he must now be aware of the power of prayer & the love our Lord has for him.

Praise our Lord that the other officer is back to work now.

Prayers continue for your friend & the other officer ... healing takes time, both physically & spiritually.

Back