Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Using Every Door Direct Mail to send post card tracts?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hello,

I've been thinking about whether or not if those of us in America can use that new Every Door Direct Mail service through the USPS, and send large sized salvation tract cards to everyone within a certain mailing route...

What do you guys think? It'll cost 14.5 cents to ship each one, then the cost of having an online printer to print them... or do you think it won't be worth it and most people will just trash them?

I'm just trying to figure out various ways to reach the people... it seems most of us (myself included) are scared to do door to door evangelism due to fear....

This would be an interesting way to do it. Probably until someone complains and shuts that possibility down. As with the cost, what is more important? Are the souls of the lost important or the overall cost of getting the tracts into their hands?

I have taken another evasive approach. It is still going door to door, but you don't need to evangelize there. I have gotten a package together with a tract and a dvd. I go to a house and if it has a mailbox, I put it inside. If not, I knock on the door and give them a gift. If they are not home then I leave a bag with the package on the door knob or lay it in front of the door.

There are a variety of ways to give out tracts to share the Gospel. These days, people are so closed off. If they see you coming up to their door, they will think you are either mormon or a jw.

Pray and do what you think the Spirit is leading you in. God Bless!

This would be an interesting way to do it. Probably until someone complains and shuts that possibility down. As with the cost, what is more important? Are the souls of the lost important or the overall cost of getting the tracts into their hands?

I have taken another evasive approach. It is still going door to door, but you don't need to evangelize there. I have gotten a package together with a tract and a dvd. I go to a house and if it has a mailbox, I put it inside. If not, I knock on the door and give them a gift. If they are not home then I leave a bag with the package on the door knob or lay it in front of the door.

There are a variety of ways to give out tracts to share the Gospel. These days, people are so closed off. If they see you coming up to their door, they will think you are either mormon or a jw.

Pray and do what you think the Spirit is leading you in. God Bless!

I know it's not illegal in Canada to put stuff in mailboxes (I did so when I was in Quebec 4 years ago), but in the USA it's highly illegal and can land you in Federal Prison if you put anything into a mailbox... the outside of a mailbox is more of a gray area (you seem to be fine as long as its not clipped to the front handle or to the flag but the PO guidelines tend to make it completely illegal to put anything in, on, or anywheres on a mailbox post (though some Postmasters will let it slide if its on a post).

Wow, seems like Americans are touchy about their mail then. I get all sorts of flyers and such in my mailbox. We just put up a notice if we don't want anything like that and we have different soicitation laws.

Perhaps the direct mail idea would be best then.

Lookslike you can put a note in your neighbors mailbox as long as youproperly stamp it

http://pe.usps.com/templates/pages/search/vv_docread.jsp?k2dockey=http%3A%2F%2Fpe.usps.com%2Ftext%2Fdmm300%2F508.htm%40PE_DMM300_HTML_5&serverSpec=56.0.145.56:9920&QueryParser=Simple&querytext=%28%22deliver+any+matter+not+bearing+postage%22%29&dtype=2#hit0

3.1.3 Use for Mail

Except under 3.2.11,NewspaperReceptacle, the receptaclesdescribed in 3.1.1may be used only for matter bearing postage. Other than as permittedby 3.2.10,Deliveryof Unstamped Newspapers, or3.2.11,no part of a mail receptacle may be used to deliver any matter not bearing postage,including items or matter placed upon, supported by, attached to,hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle. Any mailable matternot bearing postage and found as described above is subject to thesame postage as would be paid if it were carried by mail.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back