Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Valentine

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I will probably celebrate by eating chocolate, watching a chick-flick, and looking at some christian dating sites. (the last one is a joke) ;)

I'll be working until 9pm.. which suits me fine as I don't like Valentines day anyway. I don't need a day to be romantic on.. it means more to be spontaneous, not fel obligated to buy chocolate, roses and a cheesy card.

I wish :wall :wall :wall

Sad face.

Awww. Don't be sad. :smt056
I know very well that singleness is a trial and so frustrating.

But look at all those couples celebrating Valentine's Day. They're gonna have dates or exchange gifts they spent lots of money on, and why? Only because the mass media that construct our reality tell them they have to do kitschy stuff on that day. So they do the stuff every other couple does on that day. Now that's the way to have your individuality stolen! Or even worse, the uniqueness of your love story.
Valentine's Day is the one day of the year that I'm glad I'm single. Because it'll safe me from all that forced romance.
(And I suspect the reason that day exists the way it does is because it's yet another reason for businesses to make us spend money. Not very romantic.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back