Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Vasectomy Okay Within The LCMS Church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Boidae21

I have seven kids, five with an ex-girlfriend during a ten year relationship before I became a Christian and two with my wife (although we are divorcing).

Seven is more than enough and I have done my duty of going forth and multiplying. Some may say that is a selfish way of looking at the reason for me getting a vasectomy. I do not see it as such. I see it as the responsible thing to do if I ever get the chance at another marital relationship after the divorce or if down the road my wife and I get back together, she has multiple sclerosis and does not need another pregnancy. Our youngest nearly put her into a wheelchair for the rest of her life.

Last edited:
As one who has a vasectomy I highly recommend that the Christian man take control of his sexual urges and restrain his sexual activity to those times of the month when his wife can not get pregnant.

Unbridled sexual activity because of no possibility for pregnancy may sound like heaven on earth for a man but truthfully it's more of curse. You run a high risk of it controlling and owning you, and as a result making you overbearing and demanding when you think you need it. God never intended for the creation to rule over the man, but for man to rule over it. The built in consequence of pregnancy helps a man not become a slave to unbridled sexual activity. Slavery to the desires of the flesh makes a person mean, selfish, and demanding. A vasectomy has the high potential of helping you become that.

Just a little advice from a man who's 'been that, done there' :lol. Thankfully I recognized the danger before I got too obnoxious. (My wife might have a different opinion).

As one who has a vasectomy I highly recommend that the Christian man take control of his sexual urges and restrain his sexual activity to those times of the month when his wife can not get pregnant.

Unbridled sexual activity because of no possibility for pregnancy may sound like heaven on earth for a man but truthfully it's more of curse. You run a high risk of it controlling and owning you, and as a result making you overbearing and demanding when you think you need it. God never intended for the creation to rule over the man, but for man to rule over it. The built in consequence of pregnancy helps a man not become a slave to unbridled sexual activity. Slavery to the desires of the flesh makes a person mean, selfish, and demanding. A vasectomy has the high potential of helping you become that.

Just a little advice from a man who's 'been that, done there' :lol. Thankfully I recognized the danger before I got too obnoxious. (My wife might have a different opinion).

Thank you for the reply, but I am not willing to take a chance of another pregnancy. In the case of my wife, her "times" are all over the place and can never really be certain.

I just need to know if the LCMS considers it to be sin.

Thank you for the reply, but I am not willing to take a chance of another pregnancy. In the case of my wife, her "times" are all over the place and can never really be certain.

I just need to know if the LCMS considers it to be sin.

I don't know what the LCMS is, but if you feel it's time then by all means, get a vasectomy.

Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
Romans 14:22

The context concerns food but can be applied to the things of this life.

Of course this does not give us a license to sin, or indulge in practicing the works of the flesh.

I just don't find anything in scripture that forbids a man from having a vasectomy that already has 7 children.

JLB

Well, the vasectomy is done. Took all of 15 minutes. Went the no needle no scalpel root. Have some discomfort now as the anesthetic wears off, but so far so good.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back