Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Vatican approves same sex marriage

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
They don't. A blessing is not an endorsement of everything you do. I'm still learning about Catholic teaching, but they give out blessings to individuals.
The Catholic church still holds to traditional marriage.

This is, however, a step in the right direction

So then would it be okay to bless an abortion?

I was listening to the Catholic Channel on Sirius radio yesterday morning and this topic was the topic of the day on the program, Seize The Day with Gus Lloyd. Gus is not a priest, deacon, theologian, apologist, or anything of the sort. Just an everyday Catholic man with a radio talk show sponsored by The Catholic Channel on Sirius/XM. He did express his concerns and disagreement with this situation.

I agree with Gus. It seems the Catholic church is bending to fit society in order to gain acceptance and that's a dangerous path to take.

While the Catholic church has put a spin on what they mean by blessing couples in irregular circumstances or relationships and more, it does not change the meaning of what is a Christian blessing.

Definition from Merriam-Webster.

1 religion : to hallow or consecrate by religious rite or word
asked the priest to bless their marriage
Bless this home.

2 religion : to hallow with the sign of the cross
He blessed himself before liftoff.

They don't. A blessing is not an endorsement of everything you do. I'm still learning about Catholic teaching, but they give out blessings to individuals.

I'm curious. If this is a "step in the right direction", what would the Catholic Church bless at the terminus, after all the steps are taken?

Would they find any sexual orientation/combination "impossible to bless?"

Would they bless trans-species surgery, so ancient human/animal combinations in Greek and Egyptian myth, become actual reality?

The permutations of what can be blessed would be endless.

Would they be blessed? If not, "why not".

Last edited:

I received some rather disturbing dreams about the Catholic church in Australia about 3-4 years ago from a friend, and among other things they suggested the Catholic Church would eventually go all the way, and join much of mainline denominationalism in endorsing homosexual marriage. The dreams suggested it was about 15 years away, though I'm not certain if that was completely accurate or not. But they are continuing to move in that direction now, and like WIP said, it's a spiritually dangerous path to be taking.

When I read Scripture and what it says about how God feels about homosexual acts and how Scripture and Jesus defines a marriage and how Scripture talks about how God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, if the Catholic church and in particular the popes of the Catholic church are truly THE church as they claim, then when did God change His mind about this and decide that it is now okay to bless a sinful union?

This is not just a Catholic thing but rather just one example of how our society in general has been changing for this is in all denominations and all of society. Is it possible, and I believe it is, that God is once again giving us over to our reprobate minds as described in Romans 1? It sure seems like it considering some of the things we're doing these days such as celebrating secular laws to allow the killing of millions of the unborn, endorsing and celebrating sexually immoral behavior, celebrating violence among ourselves, the expanding acceptance and endorsements of ideas like the prosperity gospels, Universalism, and so forth.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;
32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Romans 1:24-32 NKJV

Last edited:
It isn't it is good or is it bad, which I refuse to debate as I have addressed all this - all of it - in past threads. I wish I had the energy to go toe to toe at every opportunity, as this stuff (ie, faulty arguments) should be properly addressed and nipped in the bud imo. It actively harms people. But I don't have the spoons to keep at it every time it's brought up.

At any event, my point is only that the title is actually very misleading and could be considered bearing false witness.

Last edited:
edit: article was same posted in OP, my bad.

I do maintain that the thread title is highly misleading and bearing false witness

It isn't it is good or is it bad, which I refuse to debate as I have addressed all this - all of it - in past threads. I wish I had the energy to go toe to toe at every opportunity, as this stuff (ie, faulty arguments) should be properly addressed and nipped in the bud imo. It actively harms people. But I don't have the spoons to keep at it every time it's brought up.

At any event, my point is only that the title is actually very misleading and could be considered bearing false witness.
I agree the OP misstates the Official stance of the Roman Church.

But it is sophistry to bless what is not approved, claiming to remain against it. So the OP has a clear defense, the Vatican shouldn't bless what it disapproves of.

But you didn't respond to how blessing such behavior is a "step in the right direction." How many steps will get us to the "blessed place" where every permutation human of sexuality can be blessed?

Twenty years ago, if someone suggested Wokeism (blessing trans everything) would become official policy of the US, it would be seen as satire of the absurd. But today its policy men in dresses follow little girls into restrooms, change the sexuality of children even without parental consent, and take trophies away from female athletes.

The past shows it is very likely trans-humans of every permutation of sexuality and animal combination will one day exist, doing all sorts of sexual things with every part of their anatomy. And a future pope will bless it all.

History implies that IS the "ultimate destination" of all these steps.

Its likely it all would be blessed by a future pope. But would it be right? And why not? By what law of logic would it be disapproved, if the Bible today doesn't prohibit "wokeism"?

I greatly doubt you have addressed this question anytime in a past posting.

Last edited:

Their “blessing” means they approve and validate same sex marriage.

This is just another step in the long road that leads to hell and eternal damnation.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

JLB

Yes, and I have no intention of answering it. You'll have to use your imagination
Satire can't keep up with reality. This woman has a thing for trees. Will the pope bless it?

cosexual’ Woman Claims She Is in an ‘Erotic’ Relationship with a Tree​

Sonja Semyonova
bodystoryteller/Instagram
HANNAH BLEAU KNUDSEN26 Dec 20234,486
3:44
A woman who describes herself as “ecosexual” believes she is in the midst of a love affair with an oak tree.
The woman, Sonja Semyonova, 45, claims she connected with the tree during her lonely, solo walks in the summer of 2021. Those walks began in 2020, during the coronavirus pandemic. It was the same year that she moved to Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.

“I was walking a path near the tree five days a week for the whole winter. I noticed a connection with the tree,” she said, explaining that she had been “craving that rush of erotic energy that comes when you meet a new partner, and that is not sustainable.”

“The presence I feel with the tree is what I’m looking for, but that’s a fantasy with a person,” she said, further describing her experience with the tree.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back