Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Vero beach making history

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A lot of sites have delays for one reason or another .... perhaps they had a coin flip to see if they would have the trailer et al moved into place???

Anyway, I wish the team all the best for this season, and I look forward to reading any updates/news about the site.

A lot of sites have delays for one reason or another .... perhaps they had a coin flip to see if they would have the trailer et al moved into place???

Anyway, I wish the team all the best for this season, and I look forward to reading any updates/news about the site.
When I know I will post.the grape vine will have its share of stories.

I wish I photographed the sign on yesterday's route.

Quite the leisurely dig, eh? Must be nice.
I don't read the library route no more.so I will have wait till they ask on the site or just go by there. Easily done since the piper route is just across the canal and near the bridge to it.I will have time that day.

I don't read the library route no more.so I will have wait till they ask on the site or just go by there. Easily done since the piper route is just across the canal and near the bridge to it.I will have time that day.

I guess I was thinking that the team had called up for some volunteers. And many teams (with the leads from universities) typically have undergrads and grad students who help with the digs. Depending upon how everything is set up, there are times when the undergrads can earn credit hours as opposed to being paid more than a minimal stipend. Plus, they try to work 6 days. But since the site is in Florida, the season can be considered as longer than what a dig in Montana (for example) would be. And the financials backing the dig might provide better funding than other digs. Could be all the difference.

I have been looking at arails of west vero where I grew up.my it's changed. Things I thought were older then me.arent.I went back before I 95 was in my county at vero.hard to find things as Oslo was an undertaking to find but a few groves and pond still exist.that's how I found it.I can imagine digging is like that.

I have been looking at arails of west vero where I grew up.my it's changed. Things I thought were older then me.arent.I went back before I 95 was in my county at vero.hard to find things as Oslo was an undertaking to find but a few groves and pond still exist.that's how I found it.I can imagine digging is like that.

Each dig has its own peculiar traits, but all digs have commonalities in that they do try to prevent as much erosion as possible during the off-season. Still, work on a site is slow, methodical, tedious even. Marking each place where something was found, transferring that information to a site map, picture taking (and hand drawings) has to be done ... there's a lot of work involved. Yet, the discoveries made are rewards in themselves. And any detail/bit of information that may provide a better look into the past is always well worth the effort!

Yes.I think I can post a before image via goggle earth with a mound from last dig
There is a conspiracy story of its a fake find and that real layer was removed and is in the mound.

Usually, great care is taken to preserve a site for the next season's work. Erosion from weather conditions is always a concern, as is pilfering (if the site is unguarded). To leave the site with merely a mound from the prior season's work ... well, that is a bit questionable.

Usually, great care is taken to preserve a site for the next season's work. Erosion from weather conditions is always a concern, as is pilfering (if the site is unguarded). To leave the site with merely a mound from the prior season's work ... well, that is a bit questionable.
They bury it ,and have that mound from the first dig.

Do you think you'll attend the presentation next Saturday? It would be interesting to hear what Andy Hemmings has to say.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back