Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

very concerned mother!

• Thread starter w.coastchoppers
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re:

Solo said:
Quath said:
We are all people. Why not help each other?
The advice from some people is not beneficial. A non-believer giving a believer advice on life is like a blind person giving an artist advice on color selection.
Faulty analogy: a blind person has no experiance in colour, but a non-Christian does have experiance in life (and, if they are an ex-Christian, they also have experiance in Christianity).

I know this is a very very old post but Christians and non-believers alike will still be reading this thread so I’ll go ahead and say my piece.

sisterchristian wrote:
Why would you a non believer even attempt to give a believer ANY advice!

Quath replied:
We are all people. Why not help each other?

On this point, I must say I agree with Quath. He may be a non-believer but he was only giving what he thought to be sound advice (whether it was right or not is irrelevant) he was trying to help someone in need, which I think is a quality Jesus Christ would find most admirable and he is someone we should be setting a good example to . Ridiculing him only makes us (and in turn Christ) look bad. There were several believers dishing out advice to w.coastchoppers so it was not like she had no choice; when people ask for help most people appreciate options.

When I was a Muslim, if Christians ignored me, I doubt I would have converted, it was the kindness shown to me by a Christian (even though most Muslims in my community hate Christians) that further prompted me into investigating Christianity. How would a Christian (Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, Hindu whatever) feel if everyone ignored their advice on account they did not have the same faith? I could tell you there would be no more converts because no one would pay any attention to missionaries.

After he had finished speaking in the hearing of the people, he entered into Capernaum.
A certain centurion’s servant, who was dear to him, was sick and at the point of death.
When he heard about Jesus, he sent to him elders of the Jews,
asking him to come and save his servant.

When they came to Jesus, they begged him earnestly, saying,
"He is worthy for you to do this for him,
for he loves our nation, and he built our synagogue for us.
"
Luke 7:1-10

Jesus helped a non-believer due to (amongst other things) the kindness he showed believers.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back