Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

veterans day is tommorow

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A Soldiers Prayer
by Private Allan Osborne

O Lord to thee on bended knee
I make to you, my humble plea;
To always do my very best
To bring to all, peace and rest.

Without a fear, without delay
To go along lifes darkened way,
To carry on our Christian Faith;
Helping all of allied race.

God help to keep our spirits high
As we go onward, Do or Die,
In spite of danger from enemy gun;
We kneel in prayer, when day done.

When these days are forever past,
Please bring to all a peace to last.
When the sun shines through the rain
Thy weary heart shall bear no pain.

And when you bring this peace to men,
Please send us homeward - once again.

the salute he is doing is a point of honoring the dead. the vigil of that is a tradition. I cant recall where that started.

View attachment 5308 now this isn't me, I was never a marine. this is Rct . Schacht , he is a saved man that recently left for marine basic and will gradute December 19th of this year. it has been a bit hard on him. I know him and I saw in this pic. his cousin a marine Gunny SGT went to see and did a health check and said his chain would be taking care of him to reinsure his mother of worry. yes mothers worry about us kids in uniform. there is a meme if I know where to get it I would post on that statement where it show how we appear in uniform and how they see us.

We had a section of our Sunday morning service to honor our veterans, they came to the front of the church and announced their names and branches of service, my Dad and my Uncle were up there with them. Choked me up, man. Some gave all, all gave some. I was so proud. The church gave them gift cards to Ryan's and we held up American flags with one hand on our heart, said the pledge of allegiance, and the music ministry did a song about being an American Christian. What a blessing.

I am not one given to nationalism, my nation is to come, I have my qualms with this government and the state of things, but I honor and support our veterans now and forever. Greater love has no man than this, to lay his life down for his friends.

We had a section of our Sunday morning service to honor our veterans, they came to the front of the church and announced their names and branches of service, my Dad and my Uncle were up there with them. Choked me up, man. Some gave all, all gave some. I was so proud. The church gave them gift cards to Ryan's and we held up American flags with one hand on our heart, said the pledge of allegiance, and the music ministry did a song about being an American Christian. What a blessing.

I am not one given to nationalism, my nation is to come, I have my qualms with this government and the state of things, but I honor and support our veterans now and forever. Greater love has no man than this, to lay his life down for his friends.
this post is worth repeating :salute

To all vets & currently active military personnel: You have my respect and my support. Thank you for your service and your strength. May God bless each and every one of you! :salute

Please pray for Ryan. I usually don't go to veteran's day events. I did today as I was asked by another vet to go. it wasn't easy at times for me to be there. I abhor taps, the 21 gun salute and also when the bagpipes play amazing grace.

rip ssg Harry Cranman.

My uncle went in to the cavalry when they were horse back He may have only been 16.. .. spent his whole life in service...he was in for the 'change' from the army to the air force retired from the airforce... He was in for ever... Dad volunteered WWll ended when he was on ship to go... .. our son served on the USS Forrestal grandson USMC in Afghanistan .

My uncle went in to the cavalry when they were horse back He may have only been 16.. .. spent his whole life in service...he was in for the 'change' from the army to the air force retired from the airforce... He was in for ever... Dad volunteered WWll ended when he was on ship to go... .. our son served on the USS Forrestal grandson USMC in Afghanistan .
army air corps. my grandpa called the air force that till he died. for some trivia
cape Canaveral army air corps station which we know call cape Canaveral air station or the Cape.

Grandpa liked to say he cooked for G Patton... He really did but the whole story was grandpa was just one of the base cooks...little different.. shame on grandpa... :nono :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back