Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Vision Quests....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Soma-Sight

Since the beginning of this cycle of time, humanity has returned to nature to connect with spirit and to seek answers to problems of the third dimension. There is something about being alone in the wilderness that brings us closer - makes us more aware - of the 4 elements - and our connection to a creational source. We go to seek truths - divine realization - just as many of the ancient prophets did in their time.

In its own way - the vision quest is an Initiation not unlike the days of the ancient mystery school teachings where one learns about themselves and the mysteries of the universe are often revealed to them. It is a time of internal transformation and renewal. Who am I? Why am I here?

In a vision quest, conditions are set up that allow the soul to move beyond the illusions of the little self and enter the unity of the inner whole. It is a time of fasting - praying - and being in nature.

It is a period of solitude in which we seek an inner revelation - a vision -which grants profound meaning and direction to our life. This initiation leads to maturity and an understanding of our responsibility to ourselves, our society, our natural environment, and our soul.

Though the Vision Quest is associated with Native Americans traditions - it is practiced all over the world.

As an expression of the archetypical "Heroic Journey," the vision quest has been enacted in religious pilgrimages, mythological tales (including the story of the search for the Holy Grail), and our own daily pursuit of truth and purpose.

Today, there are companies which sponsor vision quests; they provide a wilderness area in which it is to occur, and they give instructions and guidance before and after the event.

In Native American traditions these times of inner trial are marked liked passages. Time is set aside to honor them.

It might be a day, a week, a month, whatever is necessary to complete the transformation and get the answer one seeks.

http://www.crystalinks.com/visionquest.html

Thanks for the cool link. That reminds me of certain mountain climbers I know who say they feel closer to God when they're on top of the mountains.

Philbo,

This is true, many people believe the higher the elevation, the more likely it is to have a spiritual experience. I agree with this. When I did Whitney (14,445) I felt this way.

I wonder if it has to do with a lack of oxygen...

I wonder if it has to do with a lack of oxygen...

I am sure it helps!

Lack of oxygen leads to lack of brain metabolism and subsequently induces altered states of mind. Combine that with fasting and prayer and you have a bona fide "Moses on the Mountain" experience.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back