Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] walker's glenn and 26th st

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There are cars here that have a historical vehicle license plate. I used to like cars from the 50's but I think I like modern cars more now.
antique cars are considered as such if they are over 25 years old. a car built in 1990 is such. hard to believe but yes.

Sorry to learn the route wasn't a quick and smooth one today, jasonc. The variety of routes sounds a lot like what our lives are like: easy times, rough times.... noisy, quiet ....... all the dichotomies shuffled and reshuffled to keep life from getting boring or staid.
I actually like the route. the pace is needed to be that fast but the library route when it was longer was the same pace and I haven't posted any old homes from that.

Sorry to learn the route wasn't a quick and smooth one today, jasonc. The variety of routes sounds a lot like what our lives are like: easy times, rough times.... noisy, quiet ....... all the dichotomies shuffled and reshuffled to keep life from getting boring or staid.
You are so wise AirDancer I love your posts!

I actually like the route. the pace is needed to be that fast but the library route when it was longer was the same pace and I haven't posted any old homes from that.

I think it is a good thing that some jobs require physical energy. Keeps you healthy.

only one or two routes that I must use a similar pace but one I don't like at all and hated it since day one , the hospital route has some history to it in its older homes in one section and the air port. I can look for old navy things with that route. I posted about that. the route I did today is close to the old navy base and if I had a 4x4, I would go a hunting and photographing the things I found.

Why did you hate it?

That must be really cool to see Navy equipment. Boats?
no, air planes but those are gone. there is much to any military base. the base here was used to train pilots, and it was its own city, it had its own water grid and electric and phone system. most of the wells we have are probably from them. the navy built the three air fields near me. one to the south and one other to the north both were outlying fields. it also had a brig, gunnery range and a rescue boat for the crashed pilots in water, and the swamps. they built wooden bridges to cross those and many of those I remember.View attachment 6224

the judges home is visible in that 51 topo. the navy things I have circled. so I will tell you what they are.
g) naval ammo supply bunkers or point , whatever they call it I. its circled in the upper left corner
c)naval hospital
d) dedicated railroad line to the base
e) supply depot?
f) naval enlisted barrack and the time this was taken in use by the Brooklyn dogders. the base ball field there is visible barely. Holman stadium isn't visible then. hmm interesting.

of this list. e is all that is left, the landing strips are still there but longer. and one water tank. the roads are still there as well.

I don't like the colonial terrace route since the way its set up. less reads then the more reads but shorter routes I have. it has some historical homes , I have found those on the 40s topos as well. easy to find them since they are right on old Dixie which hasn't changed much. and the 43 topo is very good I can see cars with that one

I'd like to see more of the homes if you have the time.

Going to In Laws tonight for dinner. Nice Chatting.

I honestly wouldnt' know
ww2, modern ? ww1?

modern list of navy and air force. note im adding the marines in to the navy list
navy first.
1) fa-18
2) f-14 tomcat
3) c130
4) f-111
5) osprey
6) harrier
7) a6e -intruder
air force
1) a-10
2) c-130
3) f22 raptor
4) b1b
5) b2b banshee first stealth bomber
6) c-141
7) c-5a
8) p3 orion aka the hurricane hunter and the navy did have the p3 orion
9) kc135 fueler
this is a short list and im not an expert on aviation as some are.

I'd like to see more of the homes if you have the time.

Going to In Laws tonight for dinner. Nice Chatting.
you may start a thread. so that others can add. I can ask the fb group to post a few there and I copy them here.

I have been to where I think those ammo bunkers were. alas nothing to be found. there is a fire break around them shown in that old topo that still is around that is how I verified my location. I took my wife and she loved the time with me. she found a few good plants which are still alive in my yard. one of them was a fern and another a bromeliad that had its home on an old tree stump.

ww2, modern ? ww1?

modern list of navy and air force. note im adding the marines in to the navy list
navy first.
1) fa-18
2) f-14 tomcat
3) c130
4) f-111
5) osprey
6) harrier
7) a6e -intruder
air force
1) a-10
2) c-130
3) f22 raptor
4) b1b
5) b2b banshee first stealth bomber
6) c-141
7) c-5a
8) p3 orion aka the hurricane hunter and the navy did have the p3 orion
9) kc135 fueler
this is a short list and im not an expert on aviation as some are.
Those are cool. I looked up some of them. Military planes are pretty awesome!

Father, i thank You for giving Jason wisdom, and favor on all of the routes that he is placed on. I pray a hedge of protection around him, and ps 91 over him. Thank You for always going with him. In Jesus Name, Amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back