Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Walking Dead (tv series)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mike

I've been a guy in mourning for the passing of ABC's LOST since it finished after its 6th season, but I think I can finally bury my old show. I honestly didn't think I would ever find one that reached the level of LOST, but here it is. And, dare I say it, this may be better than LOST ever was. Sorry Carlton Cuse. I can't lie!

images

Now, if you're not a fan, I know what you're thinking... Zombies, Mike? Really? And you call yourself a Christian?

Yup, and yup! :yes I'm certainly not into the zombie craze that has seemingly crushed the vampire wave that came before it, but this show is fantastic! It has very smart writing, and the character development is brilliant. Oh... and it's intense!

NO SPOILERS, PLEASE.

If any other fans want to chime in, please keep it vague. I'm catching up on this show, with about 5 episodes until I'm current. And out of respect for anyone else who is catching up or will one day get hooked, let's keep the unknown unknown for now.

That said, any other Walking Dead fans out there? Aim for the head! :thumbsup

My son became a fan before the show when it was in "Graphic Magazine" form (comic books). He's been following ever since. Of course, I borrowed and read the books.

Sparrow

P.S. Rick Grimes adopts a zombie who turns out to be his long lost auntie. She gets pregnant (not from Rick) and a spin-off series is created: Crawling Dead. It's about baby zombies and their proper care and feeding at the dawn of a new age. Oh, sorry, did I forget to say, "Spoiler Alert"?

Oh, AMC Site: Dead Yourself A place where you can upload and modify your picture. It's pretty gruesome (don't go, if you're not a fan).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started this series earlier this weak and it's fantastic! I'm on season 2 right now. My library has the comics, so I'm dying to try them now that I'm on summer break.

I've been a guy in mourning for the passing of ABC's LOST since it finished after its 6th season, but I think I can finally bury my old show. I honestly didn't think I would ever find one that reached the level of LOST, but here it is. And, dare I say it, this may be better than LOST ever was. Sorry Carlton Cuse. I can't lie!

Well, This blows everything away TV show wise in effects, Story, the Actors. It's amazing. Dexter would be the only other thing I think would come close. I don't watch TV, but this one got my attention.

Mike.

I never really got into Lost, but I love The Walking Dead. Haven't seen the most recent ones though, so might have to start getting back into it.

Walking Dead isn't as much a zombie series as it is a tale of survival. It's about desperation and hope, leadership, responsibility, brotherhood and the battle between good and evil.
I love it.

:bump

Next Episode Air Date: 13 Oct 2013 S04E01 - "30 Days Without an Accident"

Is it time to review season 3 of the Walking Dead to get ready for the Halloween Season?

images

Now, if you're not a fan, I know what you're thinking... Zombies, Mike? Really? And you call yourself a Christian?

Yup, and yup! :yes I'm certainly not into the zombie craze that has seemingly crushed the vampire wave that came before it, but this show is fantastic! It has very smart writing, and the character development is brilliant. Oh... and it's intense!

NO SPOILERS, PLEASE.

If any other fans want to chime in, please keep it vague. I'm catching up on this show, with about 5 episodes until I'm current. And out of respect for anyone else who is catching up or will one day get hooked, let's keep the unknown unknown for now.

That said, any other Walking Dead fans out there? Aim for the head! :thumbsup

Walking Dead isn't as much a zombie series as it is a tale of survival. It's about desperation and hope, leadership, responsibility, brotherhood and the battle between good and evil.
I love it.

This post is spot on! You nailed it, and it's what I've been saying all along. People that don't watch Walking Dead always give me the ol' stink-eye when I say how much I love it. Knowing I won't convince them of what you said above without them watching for themselves, I just give 'em the ol' stink-eye back. :stinkeye

I get the same reaction when I tell them how much I've loved Walter, Jessie, Hank, and the whole Breaking Bad experience. Try to tell them it's not so much about cooking meth, and wait for that puzzled look on their faces.

Breaking Bad is ending, just as Walking Dead starts up with a fresh season. Right! :thumbsup

Breaking Bad is ending

Are you sure? I'm thinking new season for Breaking bad just started... one second... processing.... (brb)

Latest Episode: Ozymandias (s05e14) SEPTEMBER 15, 2013

Oh, you're right. There are two more episodes to go. I should have known better than to doubt you. *wink
I've got some catching up to do. No spoilers, please.

I love it.

This post is spot on! You nailed it, and it's what I've been saying all along. People that don't watch Walking Dead always give me the ol' stink-eye when I say how much I love it. Knowing I won't convince them of what you said above without them watching for themselves, I just give 'em the ol' stink-eye back. :stinkeye

I get the same reaction when I tell them how much I've loved Walter, Jessie, Hank, and the whole Breaking Bad experience. Try to tell them it's not so much about cooking meth, and wait for that puzzled look on their faces.

Breaking Bad is ending, just as Walking Dead starts up with a fresh season. Right! :thumbsup

Thank you for reminding me my favorite show is coming to an end :sad

I have the same argument with my wife. She doesn't watch Breaking Bad because she said it's about drugs and violence. I asked her "honey, do you believe I watch it because I like drug dealers and I am a violent man? There is so much more to this show than what you say it is, at least try to watch an episode and pass your opinion after that"
She's too stubborn to listen. Well, at least she doesn't force me to watch her chick-flicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
a1laserexperts, good stuff. Sorry, but I had to edit out something you said, because it was a HUGE spoiler revealed in the last Breaking Bad episode. We don't want to kill the shock for others that we were able to experience. I agree, though. That was a tough one to see.

Cover illustrations don't really constitute spoilers but perhaps they do? I don't think so.

Here is a link to Tony Moore's page showing the cover illustrations for the series originally published in the Graphic Magazines. I would caution our more sensitive readers to stay away from reading them; they are very graphic, but the covers are okay (at least, the ones that I've quick scanned).

Here's one:

View attachment 3573 <----- Click to Enlarge

It is the illustration to Episode 1

More found here ----> Link to cover illustrations

Still getting ready... this from Comic Con 2013
no worries, no spoilers...

[video=youtube;JMSISUtFk78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMSISUtFk78[/video]

Back