Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

war

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So this has always bugged me, what does the Bible have to say about war? Personally I hate war. I hate hate hate it. I just wish there was no such thing as war but there is and it's sad. So, what does God have to say about this? I've read stories ABOUT wars in the Bible and how God helped out and stuff but I dunno what he thinks of it.

Christ gave us the tidings of peace. I hate war, too. I like your spirit. Hating wars doesn't make one a coward.

----
It starts from the home. People keep guns in the name of: emergencies do arise, in case of..., self-defense etc

So this has always bugged me, what does the Bible have to say about war? Personally I hate war. I hate hate hate it. I just wish there was no such thing as war but there is and it's sad. So, what does God have to say about this? I've read stories ABOUT wars in the Bible and how God helped out and stuff but I dunno what he thinks of it.

War exists because of man's corrupt nature. The old expression holds very true, "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts, ABSOLUTELY."
God did what He needed to do in the OT to provide for His chosen people. If unbelievers wanted to go to war, God did what He had to do to support Israel.
I believe even in 1948, when they became a legal state again, God was working with them. The majority of Christians probably don't like war.
Check this old Elvis song;

I am glad there are people here who are no cowards - and who don't support wars. Do not tell me they are unpatrotic.

It is usually the young ones who never 'tasted' wars that readily say: Fight!!!

I hate war as well, but I do think there are sometimes where they are justified, as in if the country is being invaded, we should defend ourselves. My main problem is that it doesn't always seem as if the wars we are involved in are just.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back