Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Was Adam imparted free will from the beginning of Creation?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kermos

Was Adam imparted free will from the beginning of Creation?

The Word of God indicates no based upon both scriptural text and context.

The following is carefully presented proof establishing Adam was formed with intent not endowed with free will.

• God issued prophecy about man eating the fruit (Genesis 2:17)
    AT the time God commanded the man, Adam, not to eat of the tree
    AND the consequence of disobedience is declared - that is that death of the man would result in eating from the tree
    YET a command does not convey ability
    BUT the language contains a prophetic construct indicating assurance of occurrence - "for in the day that you eat" - the "for" is promissory
    NOT a conditional logic construct such as "if in the day that you eat"
    IN fact, the English word "for" is translated from the Hebrew word כִּ֗י (ki)
    AND the Hebrew word כִּ֗י (ki) contains the meanings of these English words "that", "for", "when" (Strong's Hebrew: 3588. כִּ֗י (ki) -- that, for, when)
    THEREFORE the word "when" fits where the word "for" resides in Genesis 2:17
    THUS the phrase "when in the day that you eat" is an accurate translation for Genesis 2:17
    SO this confirms the promissory nature, the prophecy of man eating the fruit, with the word "for"/"when" in Genesis 2:17
    AND this imposes contextual certainty indicating God's foreknowledge over the matter described in Genesis 2:17
    SO there is no free will indicated for Adam
    AND the firm fact is established
    THAT God reigns in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)
  • The attribute of man being created in the image according to the likeness of God
  • Attributes/Characteristics Compared And Contrasted
    • The attribute of man being created in the image according to the likeness of God
      SINCE Adam was made in the image according to the likeness of God (Genesis 1:26)
      THEN some persons of the creation (creatures) argue that specific facility was given to Adam
      IN particular God willpowering purported "free will" into man, specifically a free will into man in the likeness God's will, during the creation of Adam
      THEN Adam could not have used free will to perform evil against God
      BECAUSE God will not use willpower in order to perform evil against God's self (Psalm 5:4, Psalm 92:15, Deuteronomy 32:4)
      THEREFORE it follows that man could not use free will in order to perform evil against God
      COMPARITIVELY this point's basis conveys that Adam who was made in the likeness of God (Genesis 1:26) could not use an Adam's will created by God inside Adam which is a duplicate of God's will (likeness of God's will) because God's will won't work against God so then Adams will could not work against God and since Adam disobeyed God, it is with certainty that the attribute of Adam's will was not made a duplicate of God's will (likeness of God's will).
      1. The logical extension of free will on this basis results in man possessing expanded facilities beyond God's facilities
      2. God is Creator; on the other hand, man is creature
      3. Largely, I use free will to mean man choosing toward God, emphatically Lord Jesus Christ.
      4. Scripture does not include the mention of God endowing Adam with free will.
      5. Man's free will is a precept of man leading to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9)
    • Adam as part of God's Plan of Redemption through the Christ for mankind before the foundation of the world
      SINCE God saw creation was very good on the 6th Day (Genesis 1:31)
      AND God's Plan of Redemption through the Christ for mankind is good (Ephesians 1:1-14, Ephesians 2:13)
      AND no person can thwart God's Plan (Job 42:2)
      THEN a free will Adam could not have been roaming the Garden of Eden with the ability to choose to obey God's command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:17)
      SINCE the only command carrying a punishment was the prohibition upon Adam against eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
      THUS a free will Adam could have disrupted God's Plan of Redemption through the Christ for mankind
      SO God could not conclude with certainty by declaring everything was good on the sixth day with a free will Adam in control roaming the Garden of Eden
      THEREFORE it follows that Adam could not be endowed with the attribute of free will
    • The timeline of Adam knowing good and evil
      BEFORE Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
      THEN Adam and Eve knew not good and evil
      AFTER Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
      THEN Adam and Eve knew good and evil
      FOR the delineation is clarified when God said "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:22)
      YET based on the Word of God saying "has become" recorded in Genesis 3:22
      THEN Adam did not know good and evil before eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
      SO Adam did not know good and evil when God issued the command "from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die!" Genesis 2:17)
      THEREFORE at the time of eating, Adam listened (perceived) and followed her word about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
      FOR God said "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17)
      SO Adam listened to Eve and Adam ate from the tree prior to knowing good and evil
      AND a person does good by obeying God; on the other hand, a person does evil by disobeying God
      SO free will choosing of good or choosing of evil is not the context
      YET action is the context
      SINCE good and evil are not known to Adam prior to eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
      THEREFORE it follows that Adam was not endowed with the attribute of free will
    • An inherently good Adam would have assuredly and absolutely excluded eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
      BECAUSE an inherently good Adam would have acted in the good way of obedience to God's command (Genesis 2:16-17)
      WITH the good way being God's Way (John 14:6)
      YET "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18)
      AND it is written "God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day" (Genesis 1:31)
      NOTE in "it was very good", the word "it" is grammatically a third person singular thus referring to the entirety of creation being constructed well (good) on course with God's Plan of Redemption through the Christ for mankind before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:1-14, Ephesians 2:13)
      YET the word "it" is not third person plural as in "they were very good" of which a third person plural is required in order to refer to an individual such as Adam or the Devil the Serpent
      AND the Word of God specifically excludes Adam from being good with "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18)
      SO the spirit of antichrist preaches that Adam with all mankind as good for any amount of time thus nullifying the need for the Savior
      BEHOLD that God saw the whole package, the complete creation, the "all" that He had made, that it was very good
      BUT God did not specify how the aggregate (all) that He had made was very good therein
      AND God did not specify any constituents of creation as being inherently good therein
      AND God creating "all that He had made" for God in Jesus Christ to come to earth to save evil man is very good
      SO with certainty, God's Plan of Redemption through the Christ for mankind before the foundation of the world is very good
    • The attribute of "joining" - marriage
      1. Lord Jesus says a topically very profound statement of "from the beginning of creation, [God] made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother, and the two shall become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together let no man separate." (Mark 10:6-9)
      2. "God has joined together" is a clear reference by Jesus to Christ and the Bride of Christ, that is, the Assembly of God
      3. "God has joined together" is a clear reference by Jesus to marriage between "male and female" (creatures both)
      4. "God has joined together" is a clear reference by Jesus to Adam and Eve, the man and the woman
      5. God does the joining, while, on the other hand, man and woman are only the joyful recipients
      6. The facility of "joining" is not attributed to man and/or woman
      7. The facility of "joining" is attributed to God
      THEREFORE God exclusively causes individuals to join into the Assembly of God.

For expanded topic coverage, please see this integral essay Almighty God's Awesome Creation In Amazing Splendor.

If anyone venture a reply to this thread, I encourage diligent care for it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

May the Lord abound mercy and understanding and strength and grace in we His own for the Day approaches rapidly!

Making a choice . Choose wisely .
Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

But you have to have more context.

When God created Adam and Eve, they already are dead, they have no life in them yet,

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Now the context shows the knowledge of good and evil reveals life is in Christ, and how in Christ all are made alive, because of understanding in Adam, all die.

Man has two ways revealed, one of life, one of death.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20 That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Luke 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

A hawk is an amazing creature which the Grand Creator has made!

Hawks have the best vision in the animal kingdom. They can see medium-sized prey from a mile away, and they can see colors in the ultraviolet spectrum, that even humans can’t see.
misfitanimals.com/hawks/hawks-vision/

Red-tailed hawks, in particular, have binocular vision, meaning they can see ground squirrels and other small mammals from 100 feet up in the air with both eyes. They can dive at up to 120 mph to catch their prey.
birdsandwetlands.com/how-far-can-hawks-see/

Friend, let's see how you see.

Making a choice . Choose wisely .
Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

The Hebrew Word For "Choose" And It's Conjugates Is בָּחר (bachar) Strong's Number 977

Beholding Joshua 24:15

Joshua expresses a conditional logic statement in Joshua 24:15, and a conditional logic statement is normally an IF/THEN construct, for example:

IF condition THEN predicate
Stated in a more Joshua 24:15 focused fashion.

IF you_do_this that_will_happen
Thus, the conditional expresses an action in the condition (you_do_this), and the effectual result in the predicate (that_will_happen).

A conditional does not convey ability to the recipient of the conditional.

Now, the conditional logic statement Joshua expressed was "If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD" (Joshua 24:15), so the condition (you_do_this) is "to serve the LORD is disagreeable in your eyes"; furthermore, Joshua 24:15 contains no reference to "choice" nor "free will" towards God . The condition Joshua expressed states the condition/state-of-being/nature of the person.

Disagreeable does not mean choose.

In the predicate Joshua provides only false gods to choose among for the those people whose nature is against the LORD, for Joshua said "choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living" (Joshua 24:15), and the word "choose" in this verse is translated from בָּחר (bachar) (Strong's Number 977).

Finaly, Joshua states "but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD", and there is no reference to "choice" nor "free will" towards God (Joshua 24:15).

A state of being, "disagreeable", is mentioned in Joshua 24:15, and action, "serve", is mentioned in Joshua 24:15.

There is no choice towards God mentioned in Joshua 24:15.

In Truth (John 14:6), no scripture states that man was imparted free will, in particular, the ability to choose God unto man being saved from the wrath of God, for God reserses this glorious work unto God's majestic glory alone (John 15:16, John 15:19, includes salvation).

The Hebrew Word For "Choose" And It's Conjugates Is בָּחר (bachar) Strong's Number 977

Joshua expresses a conditional logic statement in Joshua 24:15, and a conditional logic statement is normally an IF/THEN construct, for example:
IF condition THEN predicate​
IF you_do_this that_will_happen​
Thus, the conditional expresses an action in the condition (you_do_this), and the effectual result in the predicate (that_will_happen).

Now, the conditional logic statement Joshua expressed was "If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD" (Joshua 24:15), so the condition (you_do_this) is "to serve the LORD is disagreeable in your eyes"; furthermore, Joshua 24:15 contains no reference to "choice" nor "free will" towards God . The condition Joshua expressed states the condition/state-of-being/nature of the person.

In the predicate Joshua provides only false gods to choose among for the those people whose nature is against the LORD, for Joshua said "choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living" (Joshua 24:15), and the word "choose" in this verse is translated from בָּחר (bachar) (Strong's Number 977).

Finaly, Joshua states "but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD", and there is no reference to "choice" nor "free will" towards God (Joshua 24:15).

A state of being, "disagreeable", is mentioned in Joshua 24:15, and action, "serve", is mentioned in Joshua 24:15.

In Truth (John 14:6), no scripture states that man was imparted free will, in particular, the ability to choose God unto man being saved from the wrath of God, for God reserses this glorious work unto God's majestic glory alone (John 15:16, John 15:19, includes salvation).
Joshua has the spirit of faith, which we have also, and the word of faith to believe in, or to doubt, its not a difficult thin to understand, because our faith stands in the wisdom of the cross, not of this world that comes to nothing and is foolishness of man.

Numbers 27:18 And the Lord said unto Moses, Take thee Joshua the son of Nun, a man in whom is the spirit, and lay thine hand upon him;

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Also Kermos, the true test of eyesight, is not who sees the best, but how you see with the sight you have.

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

But you have to have more context.

When God created Adam and Eve, they already are dead, they have no life in them yet,

Then YHWH God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. (Genesis 2:7)

Your writing contradicts Holy Scripture.

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Now the context shows the knowledge of good and evil reveals life is in Christ, and how in Christ all are made alive, because of understanding in Adam, all die.

Adam had life (Genesis 2:7), but not life in Christ because Adam died (1 Corinthians 15:22).

The following from the original post remains Truth (John 14:6).

The timeline of Adam knowing good and evil
BEFORE Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil​
THEN Adam and Eve knew not good and evil​
AFTER Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil​
THEN Adam and Eve knew good and evil​
FOR the delineation is clarified when God said "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:22)​
YET based on the Word of God saying "has become" recorded in Genesis 3:22
THEN Adam did not know good and evil before eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil​
SO Adam did not know good and evil when God issued the command "from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die!" (Genesis 2:17)​
THEREFORE at the time of eating, Adam listened (perceived) and followed the last that he heard about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil​
WHICH Adam heard from Eve​
FOR God said "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17)​
SO Adam listened to Eve and Adam ate from the tree prior to knowing good and evil
AND a person does good by obeying God; on the other hand, a person does evil by disobeying God​
SO free will choosing of good or choosing of evil is not the context​
AND action is the context​
SINCE good and evil are not known to Adam prior to eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil​
THEREFORE it follows that Adam was not endowed with the attribute of free will​

Bad choice made , they choose to build a molten calf to worship .

Exodus 32​
1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.
3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.
4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.
6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
7 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

Man has two ways revealed, one of life, one of death.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20 That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Behold, Deuteronomy 30:19-20 contains no mention of man "choosing" God, but Deuteronomy 30:19-20 has Moses foretelling about Isreal's failure (see the Book of Jeremiah for Isreal's failure) because Moses said "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you" (Deuteronomy 30:19) in which Moses used the condemning word "against" in reference to Isreal.

You are in error.

Luke 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

NASB
Luke 10
41 But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things;
42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

YLT
Luke 10
41 And Jesus answering said to her, 'Martha, Martha, thou art anxious and disquieted about many things,
42 but of one thing there is need, and Mary the good part did choose, that shall not be taken away from her.'

WORD FOR WORD GREEK TO ENGLISH
Luke 10
41 Answering now said to-her the Lord Martha Martha you-are-anxious and troubled about many-things
42 few however is necessary and one Mary indeed the good portion chose which not will-be-taken-away-from her

The Greek noun verb agreement exists thoughout Luke 10:42 with feminine gender and 3rd person. Also, Greek sentence subject and direct object/indirect object association must be honored for legal grammar with proper linguistic communication.

In Luke 10:42, we find that One thing that is necessary is that Jesus the Good Portion chooses us believers.

The solid translation for Luke 10:
41 But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things,
42 few, however, it is necessary, or one thing, Mary, indeed the Good Portion chose, which shall not be taken away from her."

This solid translation matches the YLT as well as the word-for-word Greek language applying legal grammar.

Unlike your illegal Luke 10:42 grammar which results in Jesus contradicting Himself, this solid translation harmonizes with the following Word of God.

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given [them] to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 10:27-30).

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16).

"I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19).

You are seriously in error.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I enjoy the Book of Matthew so very much!

See that God causes man to know God with "neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him" (Matthew 11:27).

And this deed "Come unto me" (Matthew 11:28) and these deeds "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me" (Matthew 11:28) are righteously "wrought in God" (John 3:21), and this harmonizes with the following Word of God.

"he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21).

You are egregiously in error.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Apostle Paul wrote that God chooses man, not man chooses God, but truly "God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation" (2 Thessalonians 2:13), see also Ephesians 2:8-10.

It's awesome, Paul wrote "God hath from the beginning chosen you to" "belief of the Truth" (2 Thessalonians 2:13), so Paul says God causes man to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent, and this harmonizes with the following Word of God.

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

Christians do not reject the sayings of Christ which includes John 6:29. A person's belief/faith in the Son of God whom the father has sent, this very "believing" is the loving work of God (John 6:29), not of man (Ephesians 2:8-10), but in Truth (John 14:6) is entirely controlled by Lord Jesus (John 15:16)!

You are desperately in error.

The original post contains the Truth (John 14:6) which shows richly in Scripture that Adam was not imparted free will, so no man thereafter was imparted free will.

A hawk is an amazing creature which the Grand Creator has made!

Hawks have the best vision in the animal kingdom. They can see medium-sized prey from a mile away, and they can see colors in the ultraviolet spectrum, that even humans can’t see.
misfitanimals.com/hawks/hawks-vision/

Red-tailed hawks, in particular, have binocular vision, meaning they can see ground squirrels and other small mammals from 100 feet up in the air with both eyes. They can dive at up to 120 mph to catch their prey.
birdsandwetlands.com/how-far-can-hawks-see/

Friend, let's see how you see.

IF condition THEN predicate​
IF you_do_this that_will_happen​

One astute forum member said we have freewill but it has guardrails :) .
I think Jethro Bodine is the member that said this :chin.

What's the matter, hawkman? No vision for a polite reply to this post directed to you, who believes Joshua 24:15 is a proof text of man's purported free-will, which the post truthfully shows Joshua 24:15 fails to include man choosing toward God, so there's no free-will therein. So, now, you merely try to fly away from being proven in error by spiraling out of control as you preach for man choosing God using Exodus 32:1-7.

You will fail in your initiative because Adam was not imparted free-will, so no person has a free-will after Adam, just as the original post declares.

Bad choice made , they choose to build a molten calf to worship .

Exodus 32
1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.
3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.
4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.
6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
7 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

Regarding Exodus 32:1-7, recall in Joshua 24:15, the only choice mentioned by Joshua was for Israel to choose false gods on the east side of the Jordan River, or, on the other hand, for Israel to choose false gods on the west side of the Jordan River; therefore, Joshua indicated they could choose the evil sin on one side or the evil sin on the other side, but Joshua indicated not that they could choose the good God!

Your belief that Exodus 32:1-7 shows "Bad choice made , they choose to build a molten calf to worship" preaches error at so many levels.

Firstly, if they even have the ability to choose, and I'm not saying they do or not, then they would only be able to choose toward evil, just as shown in Joshua 24:15.

Secondly, the Hebrew word בָּחר (Strong's Number 977 - bachar - choose and it's conjugates) is absent from Exodus 32:1-7, so free-will is absent from this passage.

Thirdly, the Exodus 32:1-7 passage is not an example of people choosing towards God.

Fourthly, you were warned in the original post:

If anyone venture a reply to this thread, I encourage diligent care for it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).
But, you failed to heed the warning, just look as the second point immediately above as well as this post about Joshua 24:15 mentioned in the opening to this current post.

Fifthly and relatedly, the Israelites failed to heed Lord YHWH in regard to the Exodus 32:1-7 passage, for the Word of God commanded "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3), and the punishment is manifest in "the sons of Levi did as Moses instructed, and about three thousand men of the people fell that day" (Exodus 32:28).

The original post contains the Truth (John 14:6) which shows richly in Scripture that Adam was not imparted free will, so no man thereafter was imparted free will.

You will fail in your initiative because Adam was not imparted free-will, so no person has a free-will after Adam, just as the original post declares.
Kermos , you are in for treat ! Stand back ! Not too close lest you be hit by a wing as hawkman takes flight ! ! To never return to this thread . Freeeeeewill in action !! Watch him soar !

Behold, Deuteronomy 30:19-20 contains no mention of man "choosing" God, but Deuteronomy 30:19-20 has Moses foretelling about Isreal's failure (see the Book of Jeremiah for Isreal's failure) because Moses said "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you" (Deuteronomy 30:19) in which Moses used the condemning word "against" in reference to Isreal.

You are in error.

Israel did not choose faith, we have to do better and have faith is told therefore...

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

NASB
Luke 10
41 But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things;
42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

In Luke 10:42, we find that One thing that is necessary is that Jesus the Good Portion chooses us believers.

Mary heard the word, Martha did serving and wanted to take Mary away from hearing to be distracted by serving.

That same way is told for us all, to lay apart what distracts us to hear the word.

Mark 4:19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given [them] to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 10:27-30).

Not chosen to believe in what you show, but to believe in all Christ has shown. ( or they return to the world, never left the world, are not in any hand but their own.

Mark 4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

See that God causes man to know God with "neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him" (Matthew 11:27).

And this deed "Come unto me" (Matthew 11:28) and these deeds "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me" (Matthew 11:28) are righteously "wrought in God" (John 3:21), and this harmonizes with the following Word of God.

"he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21).

We are revealed by what is told in Matthew in the parables, proof of that is in Matthew 11, how those who refused to repent are guilty, because they have no excuse...

Matthew 11:20 Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

The Apostle Paul wrote that God chooses man, not man chooses God, but truly "God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation" (2 Thessalonians 2:13), see also Ephesians 2:8-10.

It's awesome, Paul wrote "God hath from the beginning chosen you to" "belief of the Truth" (2 Thessalonians 2:13), so Paul says God causes man to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent, and this harmonizes with the following Word of God.

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

Christians do not reject the sayings of Christ which includes John 6:29. A person's belief/faith in the Son of God whom the father has sent, this very "believing" is the loving work of God (John 6:29), not of man (Ephesians 2:8-10), but in Truth (John 14:6) is entirely controlled by Lord Jesus (John 15:16)!

Here is free will taught to you Kermos, by me.

Jesus tells the Jews to search the scriptures, as they testify of Christ, but shows they have no love of God in them, as Christ came in the Fathers name, ( which we see by searching the scriptures and as I am sharing with Kermos right now) but they do not search, do not see, did not receive, but they are unjust in their pride, so when another comes in their own name, ( many false teachers now) the people believe in those liars.

Jesus then tells the Jews to judge with righteous judgement, not the appearance as they where using for their judgement.

Jesus then tells the Jews, how they should love Him, because the Father sent Him, He did not come of Himself.

They did not hear HIs word, as the word might not be heard now, ( through pride of man) being of the devil they do not abide in the truth but speak ,lies when they speak.

ONLY BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS TOLD, IS WHY THEY DO NOT BELIEVE THEREFORE.

What excuse or reason is left for them to not believe the truth when told ?

All that was shown is that they are not of God wont search the scriptures, wont stop believing those who spe3ak in their own name, wont stop the pride of the devil, wont be of God who did not come in HIs own name who they should love, not show they hate. ( they are despisers of those who are good, and are NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK EVIL OF DIGNITIES.)

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41 I receive not honour from men.
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

John 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

2 Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Jude 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

One astute forum member said we have freewill but it has guardrails.
I think Jethro Bodine is the member that said this.

Well, hawkman, the Truth (John 14:6) is only if one speaks the Word of God; otherwise, all you are left with is the precepts of man leading to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

I am glad nobody else is responding with Kermos, it is a wise choice, and will Kermos be wise to not respond with me.

You, gordon777, do not know what wisdom is. Lord Jesus causes me to be wise to proclaim Wisdom, Jesus is the Wisdom of God (1 Corinthians 1:24), and it is unwise, even evil, to tell others not to speak of Wisdom!

The gracious Benefactor of us Christians exclusively produces
  1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says
    you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19)
    AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Ephesians “Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love” (Ephesians 1:3-4)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God
  2. beneficiaries’ faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó))
    This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians “by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work” (Ephesians 2:8-10)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for Peter declared “God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God
  3. beneficiaries’ fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says
    he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Philippians “being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God” (Philippians 1:11)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God
  4. beneficiaries’ birth by the Holy Spirit, for the Christ of us Christians says
    Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit” (John 3:5-8)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to persons residing as aliens “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Peter 1:3)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is exclusively by/of/through God
  5. beneficiaries’ repent by God’s working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes” (Matthew 11:25)
    AND the apostles and elders are in accord with Jesus’ words with thier saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life” (Acts 11:18)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in Matthew 11:25 state that God exclusively causes man to think differently after an encounter with God (repent means to think differently afterward)
  6. beneficiaries’ love by God’s working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another” (John 13:34)
    AND John is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God” (1 John 4:7, see the phrase “love is from God” meaning God is the source of true love)
    AND John expands with his writing of “God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him” (1 John 4:16, see the phrase “one who abides in Love” is equivocated with “one who abides” “in God” which extends from God’s exclusivity with “God is Love”)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 13:34 states that the love, true love (John 3:33), the very righteous love, the Godly love within us children of God, this love is exclusively by/of/through God

It is antichrist to say otherwise than the above numerated list of the Word of God because the Word of God clearly declares man does not have free-will choosing ability towards God.

Here is Wisdom, no Scripture states man has a free-will.

And here we have the Truth (John 14:6), the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14)!

You are in error.

NASB
Luke 10

YLT
Luke 10
41 And Jesus answering said to her, 'Martha, Martha, thou art anxious and disquieted about many things,
42 but of one thing there is need, and Mary the good part did choose, that shall not be taken away from her.'

WORD FOR WORD GREEK TO ENGLISH
Luke 10
41 Answering now said to-her the Lord Martha Martha you-are-anxious and troubled about many-things
42 few however is necessary and one Mary indeed the good portion chose which not will-be-taken-away-from her

The Greek noun verb agreement exists thoughout Luke 10:42 with feminine gender and 3rd person. Also, Greek sentence subject and direct object/indirect object association must be honored for legal grammar with proper linguistic communication.

The solid translation for Luke 10:
41 But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things,
42 few, however, it is necessary, or one thing, Mary, indeed the Good Portion chose, which shall not be taken away from her."

This solid translation matches the YLT as well as the word-for-word Greek language applying legal grammar.

Unlike your illegal Luke 10:42 grammar which results in Jesus contradicting Himself, this solid translation harmonizes with the following Word of God.

"I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19).

You are seriously in error.

I enjoy the Book of Matthew so very much!

You are egregiously in error.

You are desperately in error.

PLEASE STOP TELLING THE OTHER MEMBER HE IS IN ERROR,
AND MAKING PERSONAL REMARKS AS IN POST 11.
JUST PRESENT YOUR CASE.
THANKS.

1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says
    you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19)
    AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Ephesians “Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love” (Ephesians 1:3-4)
Jesus chose one who is a devil also, who had to be rejected. ( all chosen devils would have to be rejected.)

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

John 13:18 I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.

Apostle Paul likewise was a chosen vessel, and feared to not preach the gospel.

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Acts 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

This explains who God has chosen and the purpose of it all. ( if Kermos cannot acknowledge any of this, that is taking the purpose away from God.)

Gods purpose is told, God chooses the foolish to confound the wise, God choses the base and despised who are nothing, to bri9ng to nothing those who are, ( in this world) so no flesh can glory in the presence of God.

Those who Go has chosen, ( who are nothing, to bring to nothing those who are) then have a requirement from God, which is to please God who has chosen them to be this type of soldier.

Paul tells why he obtained mercy of the Lord, to show that pattern of all longsuffering to those who would after believe on Christ to life eternal.

The charge Paul gives to timothy is then the same we are given, to war a good warfare. ( holding faith and not being faithless, to please God as a good soldier of faith.)

That choosing is explained again, how God has chosen the poor, as they are the ones rich in faith, unlike the rich in wealth of this world, who are rich only in pride.

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

The chosen are not chosen and they have no requirements, that is leaving out all the rest of what is explained.

W are required to endure hardness as a good solder of Christ

2 Timothy 2:Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Kermos is only wise in wisdom, to be seen to acknowledge these things, how can it be the wisdom that is above simply consenting to what is told in the verses ?

That kind of wisdom is described, as earthy, devilish. ( when without humility)

But the wisdom that is from above is without strife, which is AGAINST THE TRUTH, the wisdom that is from above is first pure, peaceable, gentle, easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, ( kindness charity) without partiality and without hypocrisy. ( no teaching of our own ideas, just acknowledgment of what is witnessed in the scriptures, and living them in longsuffering to follow Christ, which is the Apostles example to also follow after.)

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

James 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back