Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Was Judas Iscariot setup ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Did God set up Judas?

In other words Judas did the will of God & was punished for it ?
Prophesy had to be fulfilled.

no. Yhvh knew judas had a greedy heart and would be a thief before any part of the world was created.
Yeshua knew this also, and stated plainly judas was a devil.
Yhvh uses all that He chooses according to His Good Pleasure and Perfect Will in Righteousness.
As the Potter, He makes of the clay whatever suits Him, always in line with His Word.

Judas was used to fulfill prophecy which ultimately led to his death. So would the right words be, Judas was sacrificed ? I am talking about this because through the years I have thought about it.

yes. Judas was sacrificed. He sacrificed himself instead of obeying Yhvh, instead of guarding Torah, instead of listening to Moses, instead of doing what the rest of the disciples did who were saved - obeying Yeshua.

Judas died for his own sin. his sacrifice was like cains, and like esau, unacceptable.

Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus.He made a conscious choice to betray Jesus.Juda did what he did by the devil John 13:27.He fullfilled the prophecy of Psalm 41:9.Money was important to Judas.He was a thief Matthew 26:13-15.Jesus knew from the very beginning what Judas would do John 6:20.It is a story that tells us that appearances can be deceiving.Judas Iscariot was not saved Matthew 26:24.

God is the potter ...

Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

The 12 were chosen ... IMO when God does the choosing mankind does not have the choice.

Judas could have truly repented, but it was not in him to do so as it was from the foundation of the world his purpose was betrayal. All things are in Gods planning.

Exodus 9:16 And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.(speaking of Pharaoh, but also Judas)

Act 1:16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
Act 1:17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

God is the potter ...

Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

The 12 were chosen ... IMO when God does the choosing mankind does not have the choice.
im not a Calvinist, but man can refuse to serve god.

the apostles did have that option.

Judas was the most un-setup person in the history of mankind. How often does a person receive a clear in-person warning from the Son of God that they are about to commit a grave sin, including the nature of the sin? God didn't need to set anyone up. Being omniscient, He knew ahead of time what Judas was going to do. He even warned him, and he still did it.

Judas was the most un-setup person in the history of mankind. How often does a person receive a clear in-person warning from the Son of God that they are about to commit a grave sin, including the nature of the sin? God didn't need to set anyone up. Being omniscient, He knew ahead of time what Judas was going to do. He even warned him, and he still did it.
But see it had to go down that way, and somebody had to do it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back