Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Was Mitt Romney A Bully In High School?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

rwbovee

Did a young Mitt Romney bully a gay student, tackle him and cut his newly dyed blonde hair with a scissors? Now this was when young Romney was already 18 years old at his private, exclusive boarding school "Cranbrook." Several witnesses, now both Republicans and Democrats, remember the incident vividly. “It happened very quickly, and to this day it troubles me,†Thomas Buford said. “What a senseless, stupid, idiotic thing to do.†“It was vicious,†said Philip Maxwell. “He was just easy pickins,†said Matthew Friedemann. Then a little later when another supposedly gay male student was speaking in a class the young Romney hollered out, "Atta girl." See http://famous-conspiracy-theories-w.../05/was-mitt-romney-bully-in-high-school.html

I dont care for Mitt..

When Mitt was in High School homosexuals were still in the closet for the most part. Mitt is my age...

Did a young Mitt Romney bully a gay student, tackle him and cut his newly dyed blonde hair with a scissors? Now this was when young Romney was already 18 years old at his private, exclusive boarding school "Cranbrook." Several witnesses, now both Republicans and Democrats, remember the incident vividly. “It happened very quickly, and to this day it troubles me,†Thomas Buford said. “What a senseless, stupid, idiotic thing to do.†“It was vicious,†said Philip Maxwell. “He was just easy pickins,†said Matthew Friedemann. Then a little later when another supposedly gay male student was speaking in a class the young Romney hollered out, "Atta girl."

Are you perfect? No.

Have you done mean things to people in the past? Yes,and likely multiple times. We all have,bar none.And to go as far back as 18 yrs old? How desperate do you have to be?

I fail to see the point in dredging up something this stupid,particularly when it comes from so far back in this mans past.Its pretty lame to see people latch onto things like this as a means of character assassination.

Besides,Ive heard far worse things come from obamas past,and much more recent might I add.How about his ties to a clearly and unapologetic racist church?Neither of these guys are perfect,but if you wish to look at issues which should bar a person from the office of president,how about we look at more relevant factors?

It would be different if someone were discovered to be involved in recent,more serious issues.A fine example would be David Duke.In the height of his political career someone finally called him about his involvement with the KKK,which subsequently shut him down.

Mitt was never in the KKK as was senator Bird D
He did not leave a girl to drown I dont think he has lied to congress at least not yet. He did not kill Marilyn Monroe. Has he said he served in Viet Nahum when he didn't...Do his friends bomb places? Bet he knows the meaning of the word 'is.'

Wish i liked the guy for President, I dont . Although enough attacks and the 'underdog' can look good...

Oh I completely agree..theres something about him I never have liked,and Im not completely sure what it is just yet.However as painful as it is to have to choose the lesser of 2 evils,I think Id rather have Romney than the undercover muslim we currently have in office.

Having said that,I just think its pretty juvenile what all these politicians do to sling a little mud on each other in an attempt to sway the public instead of just focusing on the issues and letting your record speak for itself.

The fact that many of these guys cant is what genuinely disturbs me.If you need to resort to smear campaigns,side stepping direct questions,changing your stance on moral or political topics,outright lies and pandering racial or other social groups..it just says to me tat the only thing we will continue to see after election is another 4 years of smoke and mirrors.

Agreed. This behavior is quite disturbing. Nonetheless, I'm willing to overlook it as it was so long ago. However, Mitt does not stand for anything... only wealth. All other social issues that we, as Christians, hold most dearest he has consistently flip flopped on. And I'm beginning to recognize that code word too... "flip flop." Why don't we just call what it is... lying.

Remember that Mitt here was already an 18 year old senior, actually a young man, who tackled this classmate, pinned him down, and cut his hair with a scissors. If this incident happened today it might very well be considered a crime, even a hate crime, and result in Romney being expelled from school. Also probably a big lawsuit. It probably helped a lot that Romney was the rich son of a governor that he didn't get in any trouble at the time. But if Romney is still a bully at heart he can bully a lot of people, both American citizens and people around the world, with the power and might of a US president. This story reminds me of little Damien from the movie "The Omen."

The young man whos hair got cut is not alive to dispute the story. His sisters never heard about it...

My point if a politician or a political group said IT what ever the it is.. i will doubt what ever the it is.

I know the girl drowned i know Bird was a member of the KKK

I would have to agree that its quite pathetic to carry out attacks like this to destroy a persons character image. I thought that since the story broke.. But as much as i dislike romney this has to mean they cant find any other dirt on him. So they went there. I dont think a persons ancient high school past is relevant in how they are going to act much less run the country now.. They have to be desperate to get some dirt on this guy. Still dosnt change my mind about not liking him though

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back