Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

We are NOT in the End Times

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Within our lifetimes.
i am not a preterist by no means and i have doubts as i think God is simply judging america first and then west . america primarily made a commitent to christ and we held do it for a while and now we are turning from that. however in the east and the middle east the church is persucted and yet grows.

yes he could step in and judge man. but i dont see it like you do or say.

Of course we can't be sure about when the end will come until it comes. The best we can do is watch for signs and know that it is "near".

But just because you've "heard that before" doesn't mean it's not true. The end is only going to come once, so if a million people are wrong a million times before, eventually somebody will be right. :thumbsup

Of course we can't be sure about when the end will come until it comes. The best we can do is watch for signs and know that it is "near".

But just because you've "heard that before" doesn't mean it's not true. The end is only going to come once, so if a million people are wrong a million times before, eventually somebody will be right. :thumbsup
Nope . It doesnt matter a bit when the 'end' comes. The 'best we can do' is serve God on a day called today, while working under the assumption that He holds the future. You must not be a 'rapturist' because we all know an event that can take place any moment is an event that by definition cannot be preceded by any 'signs' .
''
If a million people cite the same' signs' a million times any fool can see the problem is systematic, children of the light should never be so negligent as to say ' thus saith the ; Lord this tree shall fall 'SOON' : then when failure is realized claim that every tree shall fall and so at some point to some one it will be 'SOON'.

I don't believe in an imminent rapture, no. And I agree that people tend to read into things that aren't really there.

But when I talk about "signs" I'm not talking about "wars and rumours of wars" because those have always been there. I'm not talking about the Arab spring because I have no idea if that is even significant. Or declining morality in society. Things like that are not signs to me.

I look at the fact that we've been here almost 6,000 years and when Jesus comes we enter into God's rest (Hebrews 4:1-9), which would make the most sense after 6,000 years.

I also look at the fact that Enoch said the Nephilim would be trapped inside the earth for 4,900 years which according to most historians he likely wrote approximately 4,900 years ago.

I also look at the increase in UFO activity as a sign that Satan and his minions are getting close to implementing their plan, whatever that plan might be.

Then there's all the numbers stuff that point to 2012 and 2015 being important years for some reason and it all adds up to "signs" that point to a soon return of Jesus.

I don't believe in an imminent rapture, no. And I agree that people tend to read into things that aren't really there.

But when I talk about "signs" I'm not talking about "wars and rumours of wars" because those have always been there. I'm not talking about the Arab spring because I have no idea if that is even significant. Or declining morality in society. Things like that are not signs to me.

I look at the fact that we've been here almost 6,000 years and when Jesus comes we enter into God's rest (Hebrews 4:1-9), which would make the most sense after 6,000 years.

I also look at the fact that Enoch said the Nephilim would be trapped inside the earth for 4,900 years which according to most historians he likely wrote approximately 4,900 years ago.
Can you name three of these historians?
I also look at the increase in UFO activity as a sign that Satan and his minions are getting close to implementing their plan, whatever that plan might be.
What increase in UFO activity ? What is your base in Scripture for this idea?
Then there's all the numbers stuff
Care to define 'all the numbers stuff' ?
that point to 2012 and 2015 being important years for some reason and it all adds up to "signs" that point to a soon return of Jesus.

Seems to me the church age is the end times. Since Jesus returned to heaven to be with the Father, we entered into the last days. So each day we get closer and closer.

Seems to me the church age is the end times. Since Jesus returned to heaven to be with the Father, we entered into the last days. So each day we get closer and closer.
I gather you are not a millennialist?

I do believe in a 1000 year reign of Christ here on earth, just as it say in Rev. which is after the 7 yr tribulation.

I do believe in a 1000 year reign of Christ here on earth, just as it say in Rev. which is after the 7 yr tribulation.
'Seems to me the church age is the end times. '

In that case the conflict is not surprising.

'Seems to me the church age is the end times. '

Well which is it Free?

Well which is it Free?

Here so there is no doubt on my position. the world is and will be moving toward a one world government, church and currency. Israel is the time piece as to know where we are in prophecy. then comes the pre rapture, followed by a 7 year tribulation. The Lord comes back before man can destroy himself. Jesus divides the sheep from the goats. Jesus set up a thousand year millennium where the world will know true peace and a true ruler.

Now if you are a post mil.. where the church is going to change the world to be a better place for a thousand year.. well how is that going for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here so there is no doubt on my position. the world is and will be moving toward a one world goverment, church and currency. Israel is the time piece as to know where we are in prophecy. then comes the pre rapture, followed by a 7 year tribulation. The Lord comes back before man can destroy himself. Jesu

Jesus says the resurrection is the last day. How does His teaching fit your theology?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back