Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

We Are The Body Of Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

mcorton

I joined this forum thinking it was a place for fellowship and to grow stronger spiritually. While indeed I have, I am so pained seeing the church (fellow believers) tearing each other apart because of different beliefs on things that won't get us into or keep us out of Heaven. While some respectfully compare notes and intelligently show from scripture why they believe as they do, others laugh at and insult those who disagree. There are things that more than one viewpoint can be supported from the Bible but some think that ONLY their opinion could be right. I want to share some scripture.

I COR 12:12-20:

12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14For the body is not one member, but many.
15If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Having different viewpoints help us grow in knowlege. After all, our interpretation of the Bible may not be correct. There are many issues that two sides could support by scripture. We need to take the scriptures both sides present and study and prayerfully seek God's wisdom for what is real. Isaiah 1: 18-19 says:

18Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. 19If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

We are one in Christ. Let's grow together and become strong in our faith and mightier servants of the Lord and have less bashing of our brothers and sisters. God bless.

Back