Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Weight Loss

There are a million reasons to be fat and lazy, but it only takes one reason to lose the weight, it's to get healthy, if anyone needs help with this I'd more than happy to help you all out.

Miracle berries, google these and you will not regret it.

One of the ways is: Fast and pray or, watch match between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid. Shock alone (as Barça demolishes Madrid) is enough to make you look ok

images

I am about 5-10 1/2 with an average size frame.

At age 20, I weighed about 155 pounds.

In December 2010, at the age of 53, I weighed 195 pounds.

Then, the doctor told me I needed to lose weight (even though I looked fairly "normal" in a society where probably 9 of 10 middle-aged people are technically overweight).

Anyhoo, I undertook a program to lose weight.

And boy did it ever work. So much so that by last November I was struggling to eat enough to keep myself above 150. I was having to wolf down a lot of nuts to get enough calories. Since it is now winter, and I cannot exercise as much, I have drifted up to 155 lbs.

If it is of any encouragement, losing the weight was very easy for me. I have always done a lot of exercize (I have cycled about 30,000 miles in the last decade), but I changed the intensity of my exercise.

I started doing "interval training", a demanding form of exercise that has the reputation of burning fat. There is a saying about interval training - if you do not feel like you are going to throw up, you are not doing it right. Now that is a bit of an exaggeration, but only a bit.

Anyway it seems to have worked. I also entirely eliminated all sugary foods, and otherwise greatly reduced the carbohydrates.

I eat no rice, no potatoes, no pasta, and perhaps the equivalent of three slices of bread a week.

However, I never feel deprived of food. I suspect the reason is that I eat a lot of "good fats". I eat so many nuts, I am worried about been mugged by squirrels.

Anyway, the overall point of this is to encourage others. I found it very easy to lose a fair bit of weight without "dieting" in the normal sense - I eat as much as I want, I just eat no sugary junk, and keep the carbs low. And I exercize rather intensely.

As they say, no food tastes as good as it feels to be light and in good shape.

Back