Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study WELCOME TO AN IN DEPTH STUDY OF MATTHEW'S GOSPEL.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Seems to me noting history and the general nature of man just as today... the Jewish leaders "adjusted" worship to their liking. .. making themselves important... not unlike religious leaders today... God set in motion "sending Jesus" at exactly the right time... I think we can forget all the things that 'happened' in that timing... from Zack and Elisabeth being childless.... To the corrupt side of the Jewish leaders to the Governorship of Israel.. ... The years of bondage they suffered ...
God sent the Lamb and He was rejected....
I picture myself priming a lamb keeping him safe ,no blemish , keeping him washed and brushed like the 4H kids do... taking this lamb to the high priest. Knowing he will be slaughtered ... and that priest takes my sacrifice my precious loved and cared for little lamb discards him throwing him in the bloody dirt around the altar scolding me for bring such a offering.. that priest thinking he is elevating himself by such actions...

They were the generation of evil they were the vipers the snakes... they rejected the Chief corner stone. the Lamb their Salvation, the living Water. That rejection, known to God before hand, set in motion His vengeance. They murdered His Son..

We know ,just as today, not all the leaders were so corrupt.. John the baptists' dad is a clear example of a right standing man

Jesus said
Luk 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
Luk 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Boy Reba, you hit the topic perfectly. Thank you for your post. I liked what you said about your little lamb. I have seen a few farms when I was a pastor in the country of Maine. The little calf's are so cute and so very careful to follow their mother. Also, I almost think that of all the farm yard animals, I like the little lambs the best. They seem so defenseless and timid. If I was a Jew in the OT, I would have tried anything to avoid giving my little animals to be slaughtered in such a manner as they did.

Day 104 Monday 2/23/15 Matthew 13:1-23 Who Is Biblically Saved?
Note: I am experiencing some format problems with copy & paste from the text that I want to post. So I'm not going to post anymore of Matthew right now until I get it fixed. I have had to switch browsers from Fire Fox that was causing me to not stay logged in to Internet Explorer (IE) which does not create these problems.

Hopefully I can fix it soon....Thank you.

(Mat 13:1)
The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.
(Mat 13:2)
And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
(Mat 13:3)
And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
(Mat 13:4)
And when he sowed, someseedsfell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
(Mat 13:5)
Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
(Mat 13:6)
And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
(Mat 13:7)
And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
(Mat 13:8)
But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
(Mat 13:9)
Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I will comment on these verses when I reach Jesus' explanation in Verse 18.
(Mat 13:10)
And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

I THE PRINCIPLE OF PARABOLIC INSTRUCTION.
The parable is a new style of teaching as compared with that of which the "Sermon on the Mount" was so notable an example. That discourse was not by any means lacking in illustration; still its main lines of thought were of the nature of direct spiritual instruction. But here there is no direct spiritual teaching. It is all indirect, it is parabolic through and through. No wonder the disciples noticed the difference, and came to the Master with the question, "Why speakest Thou unto them in parables?" The answer He gives is a revelation of the thoughts which have been passing in His mind. Of this disclosure we have already availed ourselves in our attempt to picture the scene; but it remains to look at this weighty passage as answering the disciples’ question, and so explaining the rise of that form of instruction in which, as in all that He did, He showed himself a perfect Master. The preceeding is from the "Expositor's Bible Commentary" as per e-Sword.
(Mat 13:11)
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given....We have here two types of hearers, those who want to be taught spiritual matter, and those who out of curiosity only wanted to either badger Jesus, or see a sign or miracle. The disciples fit the first type and the Scribes and Pharisees, the second....This has always been sort of a mystery to me how Jesus could speak in a way for His disciples, and those who were closest to Him by believing in Him. And those who were indifferent to His message.

(Mat 13:12)
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
(Mat 13:13)
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
(Mat 13:14)
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
13:15
For this people's heart is waxed gross, andtheirears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see withtheireyes, and hear withtheirears, and should understand withtheirheart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
.... I have never heard a real good explanation of this verse. I'm in hopes that some of you who are reading this might help with explaining why Jesus doesn't want these rebels saved and healed....My feeling is that the era of the Gentiles to come in has not ended. Therefore the folk that the Scribes and Pharisees represent will stay in their rebellion of the Messiah.

(Mat 13:16)
But blessedareyour eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
(Mat 13:17)
For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteousmenhave desired to seethose thingswhich ye see, and have not seenthem;and to hearthose thingswhich ye hear, and have not heardthem.

Now we come to an explanation of the Sower and the seed..... There are a few opinions of the "seed" on different numbers out of the four that are saved. I maintain that only one is really saved. All these "seeds" represent people all around us at our churches. Some are saved and some are not for various reasons that these four represent.

(Mat 13:18)
Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
(Mat 13:19)
When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandethitnot, then cometh the wickedone,and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

I don't believe that this person is saved. He hears the Gospel, but with no real interest, he just forgets....Not saved.

(Mat 13:20)
But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
(Mat 13:21)
Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

This person hears the Gospel in a crusade, sounds good, many are going forward to believe in Jesus but because he really doesn't have any background in spiritual matters, he sees his friends making fun of him or on his job, the boss doesn't like Christians and fire's him, he decides it's not worth it....Not saved.

(Mat 13:22)
He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

This verse explains why this person is really not saved because of the cares of his life, thirst for riches, he fades away.

(Mat 13:23)
But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandethit;which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Now this is a biblically saved individual. His heart has been prepared by the Holy Spirit and he responds to the Gospel and truley believes on Jesus, repents, is baptized and has works that prove He is saved.

Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Isa 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Isa 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

Matt 13 15 is prophecy fulfilled

Wednesday 2/25/15 Matthew 13:24-30 Weeds & Wheat.

V. 24 The "Kingdom of Heaven" is mentioned quite a bit by Jesus in various Scriptures. IMO, the Gospel is the door to the New Covenant Kingdom....The following is a statement by John Gill compliments of e-Sword.

"The "kingdom of heaven", is not meant the ultimate glory of the saints in heaven, or the state of happiness in the other world; for there will be no tares there; nor the Gospel, and the ministration of it, but the Gospel dispensation, and times, and kingdom of the Messiah; or rather the Gospel visible church state, on earth, called a "kingdom", of which Christ is king, and in which the saints are subject to him; where proper laws are made for the orderly government of it, and proper officers appointed to explain, and put those laws in execution; and which consists of various persons, united under one head, and independent of any other government: and it is styled the kingdom of heaven, in distinction from the kingdoms of this world; the subjects of it are, or should be, heaven born souls; the word, laws, and ordinances of it are from heaven; and there is some resemblance between a Gospel church state and heaven, and it is very near unto it, and is even the suburbs of it."

Starting in 13:3 we see what is being planted in God's field.

Matthew 13:37 - 42 Has the description of what is going on here.
He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wickedone;
13:39
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

The enemy of Christ Jesus is none other than Satan, that old devil who IMO was extremely upset over loosing his battle with the Son of God there in the wilderness temptation. It never ceases to amaze me that the devil refuses to believe that Jesus is no match for him when it comes to a show of power. It has been proven that the devil can't win against Almighty God, yet he continually tries to usurp God's authority.

Here in a good Gospel Church where folk are coming to hear the Word of God for many reasons. Some are brought to church by friends or relatives and under the power of the Gospel that is preached, they come to believe in Christ Jesus, repent (the devil hates repentance) and are saved. Then, the devil brings in his hypocrites and heretics to sow bad seed in this "on fire" assembly of believers. Thru out the centuries the devil has been busy infiltrating good churches with his henchmen. The demon possessed souls come and disrupt services.

I remember an occasion when I was the pastor of a small Baptist Church in Turners Falls, MA. A lady came in just when I was finishing giving an invitation to receive Jesus as Savior and she blurted out profanities about her husband of who she was divorcing. Obviously that ended the service. I can't help but think that someone was ready to make a decision to come to Jesus for Salvation. Some folk, because the devil sees a preparation in process of someone who God has special plans for, tries to stop that person from coming to Jesus.

13:40
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

There is a place for these hypocrites and heretics that invade our churches at the end of their lives, and that is a lake of fire that burns for all eternity. That's a just payment.
13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

I can just imagine the satisfaction of these angels who have been witnessing the damage that these rebels of the devil inflict on unsuspecting Christians, some of them like the Apostle Paul, most of their lives. What a blessing it must have been for the Apostle Paul to finally make it to the Heaven that he had seen when whether in the body or out of the body, he experienced that place where he would someday take up residence with his Lord of Whom he loved so very much.
13:42
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Not a good finish for a life that could have been biblically saved to enjoy the glory of heaven and the mansions that await each servant of the great Shepherd of the sheep.

Friday 2/27/15 Matthew 13:31-35 Tiny Seed, Big Plant!

Matthew 13:31
He put another parable before them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field
....This verse causes me to picture A new believer or a local Church of Jesus Christ that has just been established in a Community that has never heard the Gospel. Small at first but then becomes large.

I remember when I first became a born again believer in Christ Jesus, my knowledge of my Savior was as small of this mustard seed. When I entered Bible College, I had to take a test of sorts to determine how much of the Scriptures I was familiar with. Ha, Ha! I didn't know what Moses did, pretty pathetic indeed. After a while, spiritual knowledge flooded my heart and mind because Jesus knew I needed a crash course.

So, just like me, who grew in my relationship, I became more and more knowledgeable in the Word of God to a place where, just like the birds could find a roost in the large branches, people could come to me and find a place to roost and grow in the things of spiritual growth thru what the Holy Spirit taught them thru me.

The Church of Jesus Christ is the place like the mustard seed that when started under one of the Apostles was very small in numbers. But, when thru the preaching of the Gospel, they grew, in some instances, very large. I'm thinking of the 3,000 folk who were saved at Pentecost and were added to the Church and even later, the Church at Jerusalem grew and grew until, like the mustard seed grew so large that according to one writer, it could grow as high as a man on his horse.

Mat 13:33
He told them another parable. "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven that a woman took and hid in three measures of flour, till it was all leaven
ed.".... This verse is so very interesting. This woman took three measures of leaven (yeast) in "hid" it in, I'm told, a gallon and a half of flower. Just like the yeast in the flour, the results of the Gospel preached in a crowd spreads like the yeast in flour to become one large loaf of born again believers. No one can see the yeast effecting the flour, neither can we see what happens to the soul and heart of an unbeliever becoming a believer in Jesus.

Mat 13:34
"All these things Jesus said to the crowds in parables; indeed, he said nothing to them without a parable
."....Parables, in my opinion were to separate the "Elect" from those who were not the Elect of God, to put it simply.
Mat 13:35
"This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet: "I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter what has been hidden since the foundation of the world
." .... The "prophet" mentioned here was not Isaiah, but the Seer, Asaph, see 2 Chron. 29:30.

O my, I can just imagine that the Prophets of old would have loved to see their prophecy's in action. They must have longed to see the day when they were fulfilled.

(Mat 13:1)
The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.
(Mat 13:2)
And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
(Mat 13:3)
And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
(Mat 13:4)
And when he sowed, someseedsfell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
(Mat 13:5)
Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
(Mat 13:6)
And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
(Mat 13:7)
And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
(Mat 13:8)
But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
(Mat 13:9)
Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I will comment on these verses when I reach Jesus' explanation in Verse 18.
(Mat 13:10)
And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

I THE PRINCIPLE OF PARABOLIC INSTRUCTION.
The parable is a new style of teaching as compared with that of which the "Sermon on the Mount" was so notable an example. That discourse was not by any means lacking in illustration; still its main lines of thought were of the nature of direct spiritual instruction. But here there is no direct spiritual teaching. It is all indirect, it is parabolic through and through. No wonder the disciples noticed the difference, and came to the Master with the question, "Why speakest Thou unto them in parables?" The answer He gives is a revelation of the thoughts which have been passing in His mind. Of this disclosure we have already availed ourselves in our attempt to picture the scene; but it remains to look at this weighty passage as answering the disciples’ question, and so explaining the rise of that form of instruction in which, as in all that He did, He showed himself a perfect Master. The preceeding is from the "Expositor's Bible Commentary" as per e-Sword.
(Mat 13:11)
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given....We have here two types of hearers, those who want to be taught spiritual matter, and those who out of curiosity only wanted to either badger Jesus, or see a sign or miracle. The disciples fit the first type and the Scribes and Pharisees, the second....This has always been sort of a mystery to me how Jesus could speak in a way for His disciples, and those who were closest to Him by believing in Him. And those who were indifferent to His message.

(Mat 13:12)
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
(Mat 13:13)
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
(Mat 13:14)
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
13:15
For this people's heart is waxed gross, andtheirears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see withtheireyes, and hear withtheirears, and should understand withtheirheart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
.... I have never heard a real good explanation of this verse. I'm in hopes that some of you who are reading this might help with explaining why Jesus doesn't want these rebels saved and healed....My feeling is that the era of the Gentiles to come in has not ended. Therefore the folk that the Scribes and Pharisees represent will stay in their rebellion of the Messiah.

(Mat 13:16)
But blessedareyour eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
(Mat 13:17)
For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteousmenhave desired to seethose thingswhich ye see, and have not seenthem;and to hearthose thingswhich ye hear, and have not heardthem.

Now we come to an explanation of the Sower and the seed..... There are a few opinions of the "seed" on different numbers out of the four that are saved. I maintain that only one is really saved. All these "seeds" represent people all around us at our churches. Some are saved and some are not for various reasons that these four represent.

(Mat 13:18)
Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
(Mat 13:19)
When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandethitnot, then cometh the wickedone,and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

I don't believe that this person is saved. He hears the Gospel, but with no real interest, he just forgets....Not saved.

(Mat 13:20)
But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
(Mat 13:21)
Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

This person hears the Gospel in a crusade, sounds good, many are going forward to believe in Jesus but because he really doesn't have any background in spiritual matters, he sees his friends making fun of him or on his job, the boss doesn't like Christians and fire's him, he decides it's not worth it....Not saved.

(Mat 13:22)
He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

This verse explains why this person is really not saved because of the cares of his life, thirst for riches, he fades away.

(Mat 13:23)
But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandethit;which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Now this is a biblically saved individual. His heart has been prepared by the Holy Spirit and he responds to the Gospel and truley believes on Jesus, repents, is baptized and has works that prove He is saved.

Chopper, which of the last two classes do you think carnal Christians, believers walking after their flesh, fall into?

From the testimony of the Word, Lot would be in third group, but he was declared righteous,

And delivered just (righteous) Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: 2Pe 2:7

I like
Friday 2/27/15 Matthew 13:31-35 Tiny Seed, Big Plant!

Matthew 13:31
He put another parable before them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field
....This verse causes me to picture A new believer or a local Church of Jesus Christ that has just been established in a Community that has never heard the Gospel. Small at first but then becomes large.

I remember when I first became a born again believer in Christ Jesus, my knowledge of my Savior was as small of this mustard seed. When I entered Bible College, I had to take a test of sorts to determine how much of the Scriptures I was familiar with. Ha, Ha! I didn't know what Moses did, pretty pathetic indeed. After a while, spiritual knowledge flooded my heart and mind because Jesus knew I needed a crash course.

So, just like me, who grew in my relationship, I became more and more knowledgeable in the Word of God to a place where, just like the birds could find a roost in the large branches, people could come to me and find a place to roost and grow in the things of spiritual growth thru what the Holy Spirit taught them thru me.

The Church of Jesus Christ is the place like the mustard seed that when started under one of the Apostles was very small in numbers. But, when thru the preaching of the Gospel, they grew, in some instances, very large. I'm thinking of the 3,000 folk who were saved at Pentecost and were added to the Church and even later, the Church at Jerusalem grew and grew until, like the mustard seed grew so large that according to one writer, it could grow as high as a man on his horse.

Mat 13:33
He told them another parable. "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven that a woman took and hid in three measures of flour, till it was all leaven
ed.".... This verse is so very interesting. This woman took three measures of leaven (yeast) in "hid" it in, I'm told, a gallon and a half of flower. Just like the yeast in the flour, the results of the Gospel preached in a crowd spreads like the yeast in flour to become one large loaf of born again believers. No one can see the yeast effecting the flour, neither can we see what happens to the soul and heart of an unbeliever becoming a believer in Jesus.

Mat 13:34
"All these things Jesus said to the crowds in parables; indeed, he said nothing to them without a parable
."....Parables, in my opinion were to separate the "Elect" from those who were not the Elect of God, to put it simply.
Mat 13:35
"This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet: "I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter what has been hidden since the foundation of the world
." .... The "prophet" mentioned here was not Isaiah, but the Seer, Asaph, see 2 Chron. 29:30.

O my, I can just imagine that the Prophets of old would have loved to see their prophecy's in action. They must have longed to see the day when they were fulfilled.

Right on, I like your analogy of growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ in your church, ....that's what church is supposed to be, a place to grow.

And since the Word is like a fine gem with many different facets, here's another Truth that can be gleaned from this parable.

Mustard is grown for it leaves, they are the first crop produced, then after the plant matures the leaves become bitter and inedible and the plant is grown for it's seeds, the leaves are generally harvested when the plant is around three feet tall, for the seeds the plant can reach nine feet in height before they are harvested, the birds can rest on the branches, but the birds won't eat the seeds because they are too hot.

Jesus said the seed is a type of the Word, the first mentioned of birds is in the bakers dream to poison Pharaoh, Gn 40:17 so typically birds are evil (unless specifically named) and in this parable the church grows too big (today's mega churches) and we find birds resting in the church (but they don't eat the Word), the devils agents are behind the pulpit. 2 Cor 11:15

Blessings

Chopper, which of the last two classes do you think carnal Christians, believers walking after their flesh, fall into?

From the testimony of the Word, Lot would be in third group, but he was declared righteous,

And delivered just (righteous) Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: 2Pe 2:7

Hi friend Karl. You asked about Lot. Without giving your question much thought,& prayer, because of an extremely busy schedule these days, my answer is that the Sower and seed has to do with New Covenant people, Lot was under the Old Covenant and so these Scriptures don't apply.

Hi friend Karl. You asked about Lot. Without giving your question much thought,& prayer, because of an extremely busy schedule these days, my answer is that the Sower and seed has to do with New Covenant people, Lot was under the Old Covenant and so these Scriptures don't apply.

I with you on that, I'm so busy and it's at the age we should be retired,
...in response, who will be in the Kingdom of Heaven? Do you think there is a place in Heaven for Old Covenant saints and a different place for New Covenant saints? Also that brings to mind another question, was Lot declared righteous by God in a different manner than us?

Blessings

V. 24 The "Kingdom of Heaven" is mentioned quite a bit by Jesus in various Scriptures. IMO, the Gospel is the door to the New Covenant Kingdom....The following is a statement by John Gill compliments of e-Sword.
Rom_14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

I with you on that, I'm so busy and it's at the age we should be retired,
...in response, who will be in the Kingdom of Heaven? Do you think there is a place in Heaven for Old Covenant saints and a different place for New Covenant saints? Also that brings to mind another question, was Lot declared righteous by God in a different manner than us?

Blessings
Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Wednesday 2/25/15 Matthew 13:24-30 Weeds & Wheat.

Thinking on this...

Jesus plainly tells us wheat and weeds grow together.tell the end.
He tells us about the mustard plant how from so small to so big,

Thinking on His words .. It gets to me when i hear Christians talking about how weak the body of Christ is... How we are being over come with the world..
So many of us cry satan is the prince of this world woe is me woe is me... Do we not serve the God of all. (higher then a prince) Do we not have a King ( again higher then a prince)
We are looking to the grass over the fence when we have been given pasture ... The Church has been given the final sacrifice , our Lord and Saviour .. We have not been left alone He sent the Comforter .. He won victory... His Cross brought life...

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back