Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Westboro Baptist Church Music Video

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
DarkHorseRising,
This was my point, except that as the overwhelming majority of most Christians do not recogise as Christian, or associate with WBC, what makes you think they are Christian?
I would be very interested in your reasons.

They say they're Christian, and they have the same beliefs as lot of Christians (expressed more strongly and vocally to be sure, but don't fool yourself. There are people sitting in the pew next to you on Sunday who have a smug satisfaction that gays are going to burn in Hell someday).

Do Christians have these verses in their Bible? Of they have torn them?
  • (Isa 1:15) When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; Even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. ...
  • (Prov 15:26) The thoughts of the wicked [are] an abomination to the LORD, But [the words] of the pure [are] pleasant.
  • (Prov 15:29) The LORD [is] far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous.
  • (Prov 28:9) One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer [is] an abomination.

elizabethbraddock said:
The hate dripping from Westboro Baptist Church only serves to perpetuate the notion that Christians are hateful and ignorant.
What Jesus said:
  • (Matt 23:33) "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?
  • (Matt 23:27) "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead [men's] bones and all uncleanness.
  • (Luke 11:29) And while the crowds were thickly gathered together, He began to say, "This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet.
  • (Matt 7:23) "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
  • (Luke 10:13) " Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
Modern Translation
Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? Woe to you, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead [men's] bones and all uncleanness. This is an evil generation, and then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' Woe to you, America, woe to you, Australia

My Jesus will feed the birds of the sky with human flesh of people who hate him (of course out of love)
  • (Rev 19:17-18) Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all [people,] free and slave, both small and great."
  • (Acts 12:23) Then immediately an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms and died.

So, if Christians want to worship puppy little ever loving (another) Jesus with a sheep and a rod, then My Jesus will come a double edged sword from His mouth and feed the bird of the sky with flesh (of course out of love).

God is going to destroy people who fornicate (of course of out love).
(1Cor 6:18-19) Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit [who is] in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? (1Cor 3:16-17) Do you not know that you are the temple of God and [that] the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which [temple] you are.

Why this (another) Jesus is ever loving and cannot hate?
Because this (another) Jesus is invented by so called "Christians" to love them while fornicating who had never read their Bibles.
  • (Hos 9:15) "All their wickedness [is] in Gilgal, For there I hated them. Because of the evil of their deeds I will drive them from My house; I will love them no more. All their princes [are] rebellious.
  • (Rom 9:13) As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."
    (Prov 22:14) The mouth of an immoral woman [is] a deep pit; He who is abhorred by the LORD will fall there.
    (Prov 3:32) For the perverse person is an abomination to the LORD, But His secret counsel [is] with the upright.

4/7 Churches in Revelation had a severe warning from Christ:
  • (Rev 2:5) "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place -- unless you repent.
  • (Rev 2:16) 'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
  • (Rev 2:21-23) "And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.
  • (Rev 3:15-16) "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

They're a part of it. I refuse to belong to anything that includes such vitriol.

I refuse to belong to anything that's so vitriolic as the atheism that Dawkins and Harris advocate;

Some propositions are so dangerous that it may even be ethical to kill people for believing them - Sam Harris

Lets not forget Stalin

I refuse to belong to anything that's so vitriolic as the atheism that Dawkins and Harris advocate;

Some propositions are so dangerous that it may even be ethical to kill people for believing them - Sam Harris

Lets not forget Stalin

Among many others, yes.

Now you see my dilemma.

• (Isa 1:15) When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; Even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. ...
  • (Prov 15:26) The thoughts of the wicked [are] an abomination to the LORD, But [the words] of the pure [are] pleasant.
  • (Prov 15:29) The LORD [is] far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous.
  • (Prov 28:9) One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer [is] an abomination.

What Jesus said:
  • (Matt 23:33) "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?
  • (Matt 23:27) "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead [men's] bones and all uncleanness.
  • (Luke 11:29) And while the crowds were thickly gathered together, He began to say, "This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet.
  • (Matt 7:23) "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
  • (Luke 10:13) " Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
Modern Translation
Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? Woe to you, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead [men's] bones and all uncleanness. This is an evil generation, and then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' Woe to you, America, woe to you, Australia

My Jesus will feed the birds of the sky with human flesh of people who hate him (of course out of love)
  • (Rev 19:17-18) Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all [people,] free and slave, both small and great."
  • (Acts 12:23) Then immediately an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms and died.

So, if Christians want to worship puppy little ever loving (another) Jesus with a sheep and a rod, then My Jesus will come a double edged sword from His mouth and feed the bird of the sky with flesh (of course out of love).

God is going to destroy people who fornicate (of course of out love).
(1Cor 6:18-19) Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit [who is] in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? (1Cor 3:16-17) Do you not know that you are the temple of God and [that] the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which [temple] you are.

Why this (another) Jesus is ever loving and cannot hate?
Because this (another) Jesus is invented by so called "Christians" to love them while fornicating who had never read their Bibles.
  • (Hos 9:15) "All their wickedness [is] in Gilgal, For there I hated them. Because of the evil of their deeds I will drive them from My house; I will love them no more. All their princes [are] rebellious.
  • (Rom 9:13) As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."
    (Prov 22:14) The mouth of an immoral woman [is] a deep pit; He who is abhorred by the LORD will fall there.
    (Prov 3:32) For the perverse person is an abomination to the LORD, But His secret counsel [is] with the upright.

4/7 Churches in Revelation had a severe warning from Christ:
  • (Rev 2:5) "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place -- unless you repent.
  • (Rev 2:16) 'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
  • (Rev 2:21-23) "And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.
  • (Rev 3:15-16) "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Felix, should I focus on the utter stupidity of your argument, or your ridiculous misuse of scripture out of context, or the flagrant hypocrisy of some of your very well publicized previous statements? Please let me know, because there's too much fail in this to adequately fit into a single response.

DarKhorseRising,​
They say they're Christian,
So what criteria do you use to judge which views are Christian when others who call themselves Christians have opposing views?​
Because at the moment it seems to me you are the one, as a non-Christian, deciding what Christians believe.​
There are people sitting in the pew next to you on Sunday who have a smug satisfaction that gays are going to burn in Hell someday).
How would you know who I sit next to in church? Besdies we dont even have pews. How about you post for me as you seem to want to speak for me. LOL

Felix, should I focus on the utter stupidity of your argument, or your ridiculous misuse of scripture out of context, or the flagrant hypocrisy of some of your very well publicized previous statements? Please let me know, because there's too much fail in this to adequately fit into a single response.
Hang on, let sctripture speak for itself, dont lie about what it says.
What exactly is your problem with Felix's post. We arent all mind readers.

Hang on, let sctripture speak for itself, dont lie about what it says.
What exactly is your problem with Felix's post. We arent all mind readers.

My problem is that no where in Jesus's teachings does it say WE are to hate. God hates sin and will judge it but we are not taught to hate or told to preach hate

Grazer,
My problem is that no where in Jesus's teachings does it say WE are to hate. God hates sin and will judge it but we are not taught to hate or told to preach hate
So what? My question to you was what is your problem with Felix's post as I still dont see where Felix's post has suggested we are to hate. Are you dreaming he said that?

Grazer,
So what? My question to you was what is your problem with Felix's post as I still dont see where Felix's post has suggested we are to hate. Are you dreaming he said that?

Then why quote those passages? The context of the discussion was Westboro's actions. We're talking about Christians hating gays and he quotes scripture about God.

What ever his reason for quoting them, my point is still valid.

Grazer,
Then why quote those passages?
Why not, lets make sure we see that Christ says at judgement fornicators will be destroyed. Lets not get mixed up between what Jesus will do and what we are to do.

The context of the discussion was Westboro's actions. We're talking about Christians hating gays and he quotes scripture about God.
Christians dont hate gays. We are talking about Westboro's claim that God hates fornicators. The only connection being that homosexual practice is fornication too.
Good post by Felix to distinguish that God so loved all, and wishes that none will perish, but at judgement wilfull fornicators will be destroyed.

What Jesus said:
  • (Luke 10:13) " Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes
Perfect passages to apply to Westboro. :thumbsup Personally, I do not consider them Christians, but only God knows. According to Scripture, the vitriol and hate they show is un-Christlike and un-biblical and Christians should do better in speaking out against them.

What is interesting is that many in these forums will say that Muslims who fail to speak out against such vitriolic rhetoric given by Muslim extremists means that Muslims in general condone such hatred and acts of aggression, yet, when it comes to people saying such things in the name of Christ, they say nothing.
Just something worth noting.

What is interesting is that many in these forums will say that Muslims who fail to speak out against such vitriolic rhetoric given by Muslim extremists means that Muslims in general condone such hatred and acts of aggression, yet, when it comes to people saying such things in the name of Christ, they say nothing.
But we ARE sayign something - that is my point: How do we get our voice heard when the media happily reports on what WBC is doing and saying, but not our response?

And if the treatment is the same for Islam, then perhaps my view of Islam being evil is not accurate...

But we ARE sayign something - that is my point: How do we get our voice heard when the media happily reports on what WBC is doing and saying, but not our response?

And if the treatment is the same for Islam, then perhaps my view of Islam being evil is not accurate...

We are saying something, here at the forums, but what about the church leaders in general saying something in the media?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back