Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What a Godly young Couple!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Cyberseeker

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said."
(Luke 1:38 NIV)

I am impressed. I really am. Mary was only a girl, barely old enough to be a mother what less give such a godly response. Jonah was four times her age and ran when the hard word got put on him. Moses was leader of Israel and said he couldn't do it when God asked him to speak.

Mary was just a child for goodness sake, but her godly response is an example of submission and maturity that leaves the rest of us looking like spiritual newbies. Woooah Mary, you are a very brave girl.

Then there was Joseph and he was the man who first heard the 'why I am pregnant story.' Dumb story huh Joe? I’ve heard a few explanations but this one has got to take the cake.

But what did Joseph do? He prepared to divorce her privately so that she would be spared the public humiliation. (Matt 1:19) This is not what spouses do when they are betrayed – not young men anyway. What a restrained and merciful response when faced with apparent betrayal.

What a godly young couple Joseph and Mary were! It goes without saying that Christmas is the time we remember the incarnation of Christ. But I would like to submit this as an exhortation to conduct our lives with the spirituality and submission that these young heroes displayed all those Christmases ago.

Cyberseeker

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back