Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What about Love?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

I believe that the Body of Christ has gotten away from the idea that we are to love our neighbor as ourselves. It is that kind of love that is shed abroad in our hearts. We seem to have a Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, Prresby, Pentacostal, and non-denominational camps. Well, in heaven, we won't see that. We will see the Body of Christ united as one big born again family. Except maybe the Pentacostal camp, which will be in a corner because they are too noisy ( Joke). I know of a church that sent money to help a church in Lousiana, which was destroyed by hurricane Katrina. This cerrtain denomination critized the giving church, but now does not. You see, we need to put a blanket of love over others who may disagree with our beliefs.

I believe we can only reach the lost with love. Remember it is the Holy Spirit that convicts. Our job is to deliver the message to them, as we are vessels for the Lord. As a result of this, we can have Muslim, Hindus, Jewish, and all the world united in love as believers. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating universalism. What I am saying is we can have Jewish believers, Muslem believers and the like. God does not discriminate the races. He loves everyone and wants all to be part of His Kingdom. We Preach the Gospel and God does the rest.

Therefore, I believe the only way we will see the last outpouring of the Holy Spirit if we get back to loving our neighbor.

May God bless, Golfjack

Good post!
Jesus said that one is not doing anything special if he only loves those who love him. We have to remember that we are supposed to love those who do not love us, as well.

Mat 5:46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? Mat 5:47 And if you greet your friends only, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
Mat 5:48 You therefore be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

golfjack said:
I believe that the Body of Christ has gotten away from the idea that we are to love our neighbor as ourselves. It is that kind of love that is shed abroad in our hearts. We seem to have a Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, Prresby, Pentacostal, and non-denominational camps. Well, in heaven, we won't see that. We will see the Body of Christ united as one big born again family. Except maybe the Pentacostal camp, which will be in a corner because they are too noisy ( Joke). I know of a church that sent money to help a church in Lousiana, which was destroyed by hurricane Katrina. This cerrtain denomination critized the giving church, but now does not. You see, we need to put a blanket of love over others who may disagree with our beliefs.

I believe we can only reach the lost with love. Remember it is the Holy Spirit that convicts. Our job is to deliver the message to them, as we are vessels for the Lord. As a result of this, we can have Muslim, Hindus, Jewish, and all the world united in love as believers. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating universalism. What I am saying is we can have Jewish believers, Muslem believers and the like. God does not discriminate the races. He loves everyone and wants all to be part of His Kingdom. We Preach the Gospel and God does the rest.

Therefore, I believe the only way we will see the last outpouring of the Holy Spirit if we get back to loving our neighbor.

May God bless, Golfjack
I agree. Unfortunately, those who are not born into the Kingdom of God look down in an intolerable fashion upon those who are proclaiming the Word of God. Even within the believers camp, strife takes root because of a fleshly response to reproof, correction, and instruction.

How many prophets of God were murdered by the unbelieving? Why?
How many apostles were murdered by the unbelieving? Why?
How many believers were murdered by the unbelieving? Why?

The Word of God divides the peoples and Jesus Christ Himself taught that He was not bringing in peace, but He was bringing a sword. Isn't it amazing that the Word of God is called sharper than a double-edged sword?
  • 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. 40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. 41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. 42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward. Matthew 10:34-42

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

I agree this is a great post....I read it this morning and have pondered it much of the day....I went on my of my picture hunts today (I will post some shortly) and while I was hunting I ended up in Hollywood and so I went the the Scientolgy church and right in the front they have a welcome sign...ALL RELIGIONS WELCOME...

This broke my heart and as I looked around I saw all these folks who need Jesus....Praise God there was some churches preaching the True Jesus there...

Anyway, I know I am making no sense, but anyway, Great post.....

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Amen to the OP. Paul said "Without love I am nothing." And the Law of Christ is to bear one another's burdens which demonstrates love for one's neighbor, which is why I like to call it "The law of love". Love is extremely important to the believer, and God is love.

P.S. Javier, did you get my PM to you?

~Josh

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back