Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What about the LGBTQ+ Christian?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

TravThom

I'm a Christian who is gay and is curious about the general consensus on the subject of the gay Christian. I was already banned earlier today by "Christian Chat" for asking this. Hoping I can get some BIBLICAL answers about this contentious subject. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

I'm a Christian who is gay and is curious about the general consensus on the subject of the gay Christian. I was already banned earlier today by "Christian Chat" for asking this. Hoping I can get some BIBLICAL answers about this contentious subject. Looking forward to hearing from you all.
I will preface this by saying the Bible is very clear that engaging in homosexual activity is a sinful act and therefore requires repentance. What "Biblical answers" are you looking for? What questions do you have? Maybe we can help.

Keep in mind that the Questions and Answers (Q&A) forum where you started this discussion thread, is not a thread for debating different points of view. If that is your motive, you'll need to start a new discussion in another forum. The Apologetics forum might be a good place for that type of discussion. Here in the Q&A forum we will only answer your questions or your follow-up questions but please do not attempt to debate the answers you get.

Homosexual behavior is sinful like many behaviors such as fornication, adultery and lust. That being said each one of us has weaknesses. Have a weakness in itself is not sinful. Giving into that weakness is a sin. Making that weakness a lifestyle is a sin and incompatible with being a disciple of Christ.

I will speak from my own experience. I have a weakness for food - eating too much of it. If I make that a lifestyle, it becomes gluttony and a sin.

I will preface this by saying the Bible is very clear that engaging in homosexual activity is a sinful act and therefore requires repentance. What "Biblical answers" are you looking for? What questions do you have? Maybe we can help.

Keep in mind that the Questions and Answers (Q&A) forum where you started this discussion thread, is not a thread for debating different points of view. If that is your motive, you'll need to start a new discussion in another forum. The Apologetics forum might be a good place for that type of discussion. Here in the Q&A forum we will only answer your questions or your follow-up questions but please do not attempt to debate the answers you get.
Well, I did NOT at any point say anything about wanting to debate or argue anything, did I? I'm leaving this garbage site and finding some more CHRISTIAN ones.

I'm a gay Christian who was "side B" until recently. Essentially "side B" means "I am gay and I can't change that, but I can live my life according to the traditional ethic and pursue lifelong celibacy or marry the opposite sex despite not being attracted to the opposite sex".

I'm now "side A", which is essentially the belief that God blesses same sex marriage as much as opposite sex marriage.

If you want some resources for either (or both!), feel free to DM me. You won't find much in the way of hospitality for us on this forum.

Well, I did NOT at any point say anything about wanting to debate or argue anything, did I? I'm leaving this garbage site and finding some more CHRISTIAN ones.
TravThom, not sure what I posted that was so upsetting to you. First, I replied to your request for Biblical answers to the topic of your lifestyle by reminding you of the truth from God's word, not my opinion. Second, realizing that you are new to this site, the sensitive nature of the topic, and that many who post in the Q&A forum have trouble understanding the rules, I wanted to clarify right away and give you options depending on what your intentions were. If all you want are answers to questions you have, fire away. If your intentions are to defend your lifestyle, which would involve debating with those who disagree, then I suggest you start a new discussion in the Apologetics forum.

I just read the answer to my post above and found the Biblical quotes. I'm a sinner?!? I'm lost?!? Worst of all, the door is closed to me?!? How dare you pass judgment on me and usurp God's authority?

I'm not sure who left any scripture references here - cuz I don't see any. But I also have a couple members on ignore, so maybe I just can't see it.

You're not lost and the door is not closed just cause you're not straight. Even from an unaffirming standpoint, that's just stuff and nonsense. What's more, what a cruel lie. May whoever told you that be convicted by the Holy Spirit for their maliciousness toward another image bearer.

If scripture does condemn homosexuality, which I certainly don't believe it does & can provide resources on why, it would only condemn actions. It doesn't condemn attraction. Attraction is innate and built-in, you and I cannot help experiencing attractions to the same sex anymore than the straight person can help having opposite sex attraction. It is also worth noting that lust and attraction are not one in the same.

Homo-sexuality is as much a work of the flesh as lying or stealing...or adultery.
Those who walk in the Spirit instead of in the flesh hold their repentance from such things unto death.
After our rebirth from God's seed, we can no longer self-identify as liars, thieves, or adulterers.
Or homo-sexuals.
Those people were crucified with Christ, with the vile affections and lusts. (Gal 5:24)

Welcome to the site !

I just read the answer to my post above and found the Biblical quotes. I'm a sinner?!? I'm lost?!? Worst of all, the door is closed to me?!? How dare you pass judgment on me and usurp God's authority?
We are all sinners and lost without Christ.

For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:22-23 NKJV

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness (sin) at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness (sin), we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
1 John 1:5-10 NKJV

Nobody has said the door is closed for you. I don't know where you're getting that from. In fact, the opposite is true. There is hope for you if you're willing to accept it.

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
John 3:16-17 NKJV

You started this discussion saying that you have questions and want Biblical answers. What are the questions you have?

There is no such thing as a Christian who is homosexual. You can't be both, as the Bible says very clearly:

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

There are no Christian gossips, or Christian adulterers, or Christian pedophiles, or Christian liars, only Christians who, when they sin, are acting totally contrary to their true identity in Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NASB)
17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

The world, and the devil who is "the god" of it, are quite keen to have you identify with sin so deeply that you can't think of yourself in any other way except in terms of your sin. If you don't submit to what God says about you and embrace the "new creature" identity you have been given in Christ, the life God made you to have with Himself will remain unattainable. If you've been born-again, you are a Christian, full stop.

Hey All
TravThom, WIP is not passing judgement on you. He invited you to ask your questions. He is not usurping God's authority. He is doing his job to oversee this website. I did not see anything wrong with what he wrote. That's why I ask my question. I didn't, and still don't, understand your anger.

"I am a Christian who is gay and is curious about the general consensus on the subject of the gay Christian. Quote from TravThom

I do have a question for you. As an unbeliever, and as a sinner, you recognized the need to be saved, is that correct? I saw in your first post that you consider yourself a Christian. How did you come to a saving knowledge of Jesus?

That question goes for you also evenifigoalone.
(I know you are not the OP. But the questions go to you and to the OP as well.) You also consider yourself a Christian, correct? You had made an interesting decision to remain celibate. That was a bold choice and an indicator of a changed heart. Did you do that TravThom? Now you are side A? (I don't know what that means in terms of being gay. I know it's the other side of a record.) What changed your mind? Would you give Scripture references that allow for this change? Do you consider yourself to be backslidden? I am curious.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Homosexual activity is one of many sins that one must repent of and seek guidance on how to live now.

I don’t know 🤷‍♀️ that it’s necessarily fair to say that there are no gay Christians. Especially with men the gaydar is an issue. Heterosexual men in particular seem to be able to discern the not so heterosexual from the rest. Not trying to stereotype but I personally think 🤔 heterosexual men have better gaydar than women and even some gay men. And so…

I mention that because I live in lol 😆 I’m not flamboyantly gay now which is a blessing. In these times of affirming everything I think 🧐 a reality check is a good idea 👍….

When I was flamboyantly gay things were harder just day to day than now. The worst part? Other gay men. For a group that hits the media with talk if affirming and etc gay men as a group tend to value masculinity and conventional all American looks. A big issue especially at or around 24 or 25 in urban areas…too old. It’s one reason I am ok ✅ with accepting sodomy is an abomination. I realize now that one reason my life was so miserable 😖 was because I got too old…

I was too old even though I had only been on the fringes of the gay community for a couple of years in my late teens. Oh and I e had untreated HIV for almost 20 years now. You know another group that doesn’t put up with impoverished old flamboyantly gay dudes? Doctors 🥼

Sorry to ramble. It’s not a good lifestyle for anyone and it seems to get worse as one gets older. Is there a biological component? Probably? I think 🤔 it’s also socially reinforced and often inescapable especially for men.

At this point I’m finding that I don’t seem to get along with gay men very well anyway lol 😆 not that I’m super special or anything just…I’m healthy now and normal and foppish and mellow and…

I seem to rub the other gay dudes the wrong way lol 😆. A very gay man 👨 cut my hair not too long ago and he was talking about how thick my hair is and how his had thinned and I tried to be extra nice and assure him that it’s just nature at work…

I dunno 🤷‍♂️ he seemed to very much not like me at all. Good haircut though.

Jesus Christ saves. Thankfully He also transforms us as part of our redemption. I don’t see a heterosexual marriage in my future but that’s to be expected in my situation all things considered. Surrender to Jesus Christ and prepare yourself for major changes..,

Just want to remind everyone that this topic can be quite challenging and in this forum we need to stay focused on answering the OP's questions and avoid debating the topic.

Helio TravThom and welcome..
My older son is a homosexual. I married his mom when he was ten and his brother was seven, but they call me dad and I love them that way.
My son told me he was gay when he was a teensger. He told me he felt like he was born that way. He was vey sincere in his conviction, but I know he became confused as a young child.

You and I both know as children, we were not born with sexual desire. We were not even aware of it until around puberty.

My son did not have a good father figure. His biological dad was absent in his life due to alcoholosim. His strongest role model became his grandmother on his moms' side of the family.
I have met many of his friends in the gay community and they are all goid citizens, but as we talked I noticed two things. All of them mentioned their relationship with their moms but never mentioned their fathers and they all believed they were born gay.

I know from what Gods' word says that children are not born that way. Our true sexual identity (male or female) is ordained by God from the beginning of our existence and no belief to the contrary or surgical augmentstion can change that.

you and I both know the innocence innocence of a child is obvious. We also know that children have great faith and simply believe what they're told. We all havre the same feelings where touch is concerned, the pleasure of being caressed and as a young child it doesn't matter who's doing it a man or a woman. Who doesn't like having their back rubbed, right? It's just that as children, we are unaware of why someone is touching us. As a kid, all we know is that it feels good. There's nothing wrong with that, but Jesus said,

if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone hung around your neck. Mk.9:42 NLT

Before we go further, do you disagree with
the view I have? If so would you say why?

First off - welcome Thom from a fellow (former) Michigander. (born and raised in Buchanan) I have been to Coldwater a few times, years ago. I bleed green (MSU).

That said, to address your question: I will quote some scripture that seems to not apply, but actually it does. Our Lord said in Mark 1:17: And Jesus said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.”

He also said in Matthew 28:19-20: Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

There is only one command (in the Greek original) in this passage. It is not "go," and it is not "baptize." It is MAKE; Make disciples. Then He says how to do it: Teaching them to observe all that I commanded you. And what did HE command? To follow the Mosaic laws. But not from an attitude of self-works or self-justification; rather from relying on the Holy Spirit to change you from within. Paul also talks about that.

So now, does the Mosaic law prohibit male to male homosexuality? Yes. IT actually never speaks to the female equivalent. The only place that is even mentioned in scripture is in Romans 1. In that passage both are described as a function of being in a fallen state where we do not recognize GOD as supreme ruler. But that is where the "fishers of men" and the "make disciples" part comes in. When someone catches a fish, it has to be cleaned and cooked before being eaten. Likewise, we have to be cleaned and purged (step by step) to be prepared to be part of Our Lord's Kingdom and work. And that is facilitated by someone discipling us. Discipleship was a well known institution in late 2nd Temple Judaism. Our Lord even speaks of the disciples of the Pharisees. Luke 5.33, Mark 2.18 It was done mostly one on one. It was not just an informational type of learning, but a formational one of changing lives. As new believers we should not be left on our own as orphans, but welcomed into a family of believers to raise us. And if that was missed early on, we usually have to pick up that up later on.

As you get mentored, the stuff of the world and the stuff of the flesh will become evident and can be dealt with in a step by step process. (part of cleaning the fish)

the general consensus
Well, from Scripture, note that there are no gays in heaven at all. But that's not all. There's no one greedy in heaven either, in the life to come. There's no one covetous in heaven in the life to come either. After death, everyone is subject to God's Perfect Holy Righteous Judgment, and not given a chance after death to repent at all. So the time is given by grace in this life now on earth to turn to the Father, for His Kingdom is at hand, and His Mercy and Grace and Forgiveness is to be considered now while there is still potentially time.

I dunno 🤷

I shared some of my own personal experiences because I thought 💭 it might help show why God prohibits same sex behavior. At the end of the day…

Scripture is consistently against the behavior. When same sex behavior is mentioned it is a very very sinful bad thing. And…

I do think 🤔 looking at how gay life tea truly affects people shows one the ill effect of the behavior and the community. I don’t mean that to point at people still in their sins in condemnation just…

It is what it is.

Back