Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What age do you explain homosexuality to your kids?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think my father was very fair about it. However, he stopped when I was 8 and never spanked me again.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I don't think it's healthy for parents to spank after children get older. I would say that after about 10 or 11, other means of punishment need to be used.

BL

Try putting a determined strong willed 3 year old in time out while grocery shopping. Ha! Thats very funny!!! I've saw mothers while shopping pleading with their children to mind and getting NO WHERE. I've saw undiciplined children told that they would get time out when they get home, and then watched a child slap his mother as a result of being told this.
Sometimes not spanking in itself can be a form of child abuse, and when they get to be teenagers you'll see why.
People need to discipline their child in ways that will be effective and get results...for some time out might work, but you certainly cant say it will work for all. We all aren't cut from the same pattern.

Homosexual marriage

A marriage should not be any concern of the government to start with. The only thing they are interested is the contract between TWO people, for debts, wills, and so on. Marriage is a religious practice and should be help up in that manner with no government interference if a religion wants to deny marriage to two people of the same sex that is fine and should not be challenged by the government. Then on the other hand if another religion wants to embrace a marriage between two people of the same sex that should not be challenged either.

Question: If a religion believes two people of any sex can marry if they choose to be are they aloud to have their Freedom of religion? Or is it only certain religions are aloud to do that?

But even as it stands today that can happen because to get married under our father one does not need to sign any contracts because the commitment is made between your partner, you, and the lord. The papers you sign do not confirm your marriage in God’s eye’s only the governments eye’s so all these people that are fighting to stop two people of the same sex from getting married are only stopping them of signing the governments contract to receive the same benefits as a married couple, they are not stopping them from REALLY getting married because that can still be done.

Problems I have with the government sticking their nose into marriage.
1. Why do married couples get a tax break? Are they not equally responsible for there fare share of the tax as a couple that is not married?

2. They use it as a tool and that’s wrong because marriage is to be between the couple and the lord.

3. Who is anyone to say who I put on my insurance, or any other benefit that we give married couples? If two people are committed then I see no reason they can’t use the same benefits without question.
4. Many more where they came from…

I believe the true Christian already understands this and as I say on other subjects.
You are to live your life by the commandments not FORCE others to. (Of course unless they are hurting others)

The interpretation I get from some that you have to FORCE others to believe like the lord say’s they should or you’re not a true Christian to me is the exact opposite of what Jesus taught and there for I will not follow that false path and I would urge all other people true in their heart to look for the lord for the answers because anything less is not being true to yourself.

May God Bless You

Blue-Lightning said:
Yeesh. And putting kids in the corner is an unregognized form of mental torture.

BL
Did I say anything about corner time?

Back