Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are the most important issues in the 2024 election?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yep, the facts don't change based on what people believe. The shape of the earth doesn't change from flat to spherical based on what people believe.

Likewise, that Donald ordered Republicans to kill the immigration bill because he needed an issue for his campaign remains a fact no matter what. That he's since gone around telling people to blame him for killing the bill remains a fact no matter what.

That President Biden submitted supplemental funding requests for increased border security, and that Republicans denied those requests, remain facts no matter what.

So how about you explain why you think Don the Con had Republicans kill the immigration bill, if the situation is so dire? After all, it can't be that bad if Donald and Republicans are content to do nothing about it.
Majority , in swing states no less, GULP ! Blame Bloody Border Biden for border disaster .
Doooh !

US Election 2024:Swing-State PollBlue

Biden Faces Blame for Border Crisis, Swing-State Voter Poll Shows

The president trails Trump in each of seven battleground states as a larger share of voters say immigration is their top issue in the 2024 election.

Majority , in swing states no less, GULP ! Blame Bloody Border Biden for border disaster .
Doooh !

US Election 2024:Swing-State PollBlue

The president trails Trump in each of seven battleground states as a larger share of voters say immigration is their top issue in the 2024 election.
So you have no response to the facts and can only keep trolling the same talking point.

Noted.

So you have no response to the facts and can only keep trolling the same talking point.

Noted.
Biden get the Border Blame from the Majority in swing states is the only fact that matters .
Maybe if you Trump in jail that will help .
lol.
Time to buckle up buttercup .

US Election 2024:Swing-State PollBlue-Collar WorkersBidenomicsTrump-Biden Rematch

It really is fascinating watching how trolls operate. There's not a lot of depth with this particular one.

I certainly hope no one is paying for it, because if they are they're getting ripped off.

For what? You realize that you can't just start criminal investigations against people as a fishing expedition, right? You have to have some evidence of wrongdoing.
You're kidding, right? This is federal government. They can investigate whoever they want. They just never investigate themselves. Even if they did, they'd be like the Vatican and find themselves not guilty. How convenient.

That's not something a President can do. It would take Congress to craft and pass the bill, and a (likely non-conservative, see Citizens United) Supreme Court to uphold it.
I agree. That gets to the heart of the issue, does it not? If thee United States Congress chooses not pass any bills that conflict with it's own interests, or diminish it's power in any way, there's nothing the President can do, and there's nothing anyone else can do. We are at the mercy of corruption.

For example, the American people overwhelmingly support universal healthcare. But Congress refuses to represent the people's interests. Instead they represent big pharma and the insurance companies that contribute to their polifical campaigns. The American people cannot compete with multi-billion dollar corporations. It's just not possible.

Because the last time I asked you what you thought Donald would do to change the entire system, you said you didn't know.
Hmm... okay. Fair enough.

Darn DEMOCRATIC NEWSWEEK Trolls

Joe Biden Faces Growing Democrat Fury Over Border Crisis

Published Feb 16, 2024 at 7:51 AM EST

Mayor Wants Sanctuary City After Warning Migrant Crisis Will 'Destroy' NYC
By James Bickerton
US News Reporter
FOLLOW

A sizable majority of Democratic voters believes the Biden administration is doing a bad job of handling illegal immigration over the U.S.-Mexican border, according to a new Pew Research Center poll.

That's weird, because from where I sit I'm the one who keeps posting facts and the like, to which a lot of other folks here respond with "they're all lying".

Do you have a specific example of me posting something that's inaccurate or untrue?

Again, if you see me posting something that's not true, by all means point it out.
Uncle
It's not that what you post is untrue,,,,
It's worse.
It's like you're not even aware of what's going on.

I was kidding but I do believe that you like to be oblivious to facts.

If you'd care to discuss further, it'll have to be tomorrow.

I'd rather end it here.

Darn DEMOCRATIC NEWSWEEK Trolls

Joe Biden Faces Growing Democrat Fury Over Border Crisis

Published Feb 16, 2024 at 7:51 AM EST

Mayor Wants Sanctuary City After Warning Migrant Crisis Will 'Destroy' NYC
By James Bickerton
US News Reporter
FOLLOW

A sizable majority of Democratic voters believes the Biden administration is doing a bad job of handling illegal immigration over the U.S.-Mexican border, according to a new Pew Research Center poll.
Hang on a sec.....

The Newsweek article (CLICK HERE) cites a Pew Poll (CLICK HERE), but does so in a misleading fashion. The NW article says the survey shows Democratic voters "believe the Biden administration" is doing a bad job, but that's not what the poll shows.

Instead, the poll shows that Democratic voters believe the government is doing a bad job.

Now, I can understand how a foreign troll wouldn't know the difference between "the Biden administration" and "the government", but Newsweek should know better. Heck, if I'd been taken that survey I would've answered that the government is doing a bad job, since that includes Congressional Republicans who (on orders from Don the Con) killed the immigration reform bill and denied President Biden's supplemental funding requests.

That's some seriously bad journalism.

It's not that what you post is untrue,,,,
It's worse.
It's like you're not even aware of what's going on.

I was kidding but I do believe that you like to be oblivious to facts.

If you'd care to discuss further, it'll have to be tomorrow.

I'd rather end it here.
You know, I joined this place to have discussions and debates with people, and instead I've mostly gotten one troll, a handful of "everyone is lying" replies, and a couple of people who just criticize from the sidelines without ever engaging.

If you have something specific you wish to discuss, I'm all ears.

Hang on a sec.....

The Newsweek article (CLICK HERE) cites a Pew Poll (CLICK HERE), but does so in a misleading fashion. The NW article says the survey shows Democratic voters "believe the Biden administration" is doing a bad job, but that's not what the poll shows.

Instead, the poll shows that Democratic voters believe the government is doing a bad job.

Now, I can understand how a foreign troll wouldn't know the difference between "the Biden administration" and "the government", but Newsweek should know better. Heck, if I'd been taken that survey I would've answered that the government is doing a bad job, since that includes Congressional Republicans who (on orders from Don the Con) killed the immigration reform bill and denied President Biden's supplemental funding requests.

That's some seriously bad journalism
Right.
In Italy THE GOVT means Melloni's party who is governing right now.

And what we call the govt is known as THE STATE.

Bad journalism everywhere.

You know, I joined this place to have discussions and debates with people, and instead I've mostly gotten one troll, a handful of "everyone is lying" replies, and a couple of people who just criticize from the sidelines without ever engaging.

If you have something specific you wish to discuss, I'm all ears.
Who's the troll?
If you're being disturbed, you should report it.

A little humor every now and then is good for the soul.

Right.
In Italy THE GOVT means Melloni's party who is governing right now.

And what we call the govt is known as THE STATE.

Bad journalism everywhere.
Well in the US we have a Democratic President, Republican majority House, and Democrat majority Senate.

So questions about "the government" could refer to all of those, a subset of them, or just one.

Well in the US we have a Democratic President, Republican majority House, and Democrat majority Senate.

So questions about "the government" could refer to all of those, a subset of them, or just one.
I know Uncle.
I'm American.

The above also makes it difficult for anything to get done.

The 50/50 split is not helpful either.
It's difficult to understand how this is even possible.

I remember the 2 parties just being different in ideology. Now it seems there's a cultural war going on,,,at least for me from far away.

"Consecrated Life"

Meh...it's not my forum. I mean, CL has actually called for the assassination of the President. I figure if y'all are okay with that, who am I to say otherwise? Not my forum.

Definitely.
Will PM you re your 2nd paragraph.

A vote for Trump is a vote for destruction chaos and fascism. A vote for Biden is a vote for a patched up version of the status quo. Hmmmm…

Sad statement on how our democracy is doing.

I wouldnt say this is late stage capitalism so much as the latest round of pain and distress from neoliberalism. I personally think 🧐 some form of capitalism is inevitable but it could be different if the laws and social policies reflected what the people want and need.

It’s crazy because the 40s to 70s were good for many people vs now and it’s not as if the formula is top secret. Don’t give billionaires tax breaks. Invest in social programs and education and infrastructure. Of course…
The 60s were a largely destructive decade. I don’t think 🤔 it was just the hippy culture or the drugs and some radicals here and there…

The shift in focus to self actualization and fulfillment and the view of tradition and social bonds as stifling and damaging to the individual…

Not good at all. I’ve heard that everyone points to 1968 as the year USA changed forever. Ugh 😑 it is what it is…
Only a fascist aborts the weak , euthanasia of the weak

Love that word you used and Canada and the Netherlands have doctors who would gladly convince you take your life rather then convince you because of your mental health costs too much ..

As far as the left why I could post the vulgar video by cardi b on how the left funds wars but ignores how nyc is cutting social services !

I know Uncle.
I'm American.

The above also makes it difficult for anything to get done.
Yep, and according to a professor I met a few years ago that's by design. The founders were very distrustful of a powerful federal government, so they set up a system where...well, like you say....it's hard to get things done.

The 50/50 split is not helpful either.
It's difficult to understand how this is even possible.
I think a divided federal government is the norm, and single-party rule is the exception in our history.

I remember the 2 parties just being different in ideology. Now it seems there's a cultural war going on,,,at least for me from far away.
Oh very much so. IMO, that's mostly because the Republican Party doesn't even have much in the way of policy positions anymore. Instead, they're all about stopping the government from doing things and culture wars, which mostly center on demonizing anyone who isn't in their tribe.

Yep, and according to a professor I met a few years ago that's by design. The founders were very distrustful of a powerful federal government, so they set up a system where...well, like you say....it's hard to get things done.

I think a divided federal government is the norm, and single-party rule is the exception in our history.

Oh very much so. IMO, that's mostly because the Republican Party doesn't even have much in the way of policy positions anymore. Instead, they're all about stopping the government from doing things and culture wars, which mostly center on demonizing anyone who isn't in their tribe.
OK on the above.
Judicial, executive and legislative should be checking each other to avoid one branch having total power.

But in the past the legislative worked together and voted cross party lines. It seems to me like this is unlikely today. Like I said, it's more of a war.

Is any party considering the people?

OK on the above.
Judicial, executive and legislative should be checking each other to avoid one branch having total power.
Just as the founders set it up!

But in the past the legislative worked together and voted cross party lines. It seems to me like this is unlikely today. Like I said, it's more of a war.
In my lifetime, I've watched the Republican Party increasingly adopt an anti-compromise, anti-cooperation philosophy, to the point where now as soon as a Republican Speaker of the House passes anything with Democratic votes, their fellow Republicans will remove them.

Like you said, it didn't used to be this way.

Is any party considering the people?
It kinda depends on what issues and what people you're thinking of.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back