Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Are You Cooking ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
New steak seasoning I tried today.

Equal amounts of coffee beans and black peppercorns. Course grind in coffee grinder.

Leave the steaks out to warm to room temperature. Lightly coat the steaks with your preferred oil. I used grapeseed oil. Generously coat the steaks with the pepper & coffee seasoning about 30 minutes prior to charcoal grilling. Place the steaks over direct heat on each side for about two to three minutes to sear. Move to cool side of grill to finish to desired doneness. Season with sea salt for last minute of cooking.

Serve with sautéed mushrooms, onions, garlic. Maybe some chopped bell peppers would be a good addition too.

That sounds amazing, WIP !

KeyLimePie_zps6687bd8c.jpeg

I am going to make this as soon as I can find some Key limes.They are hard to find where I live.

Key Lime Pie

1 9" graham cracker crust
2 14 oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
½ cup sour cream
¾ cup key lime juiced
1 Tbsp lime zest

- Preheat oven to 350°F.

- In a bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime zest. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.

- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of the pie.
DO NOT BROWN!

- Chill pie thoroughly before serving.

- Garnish with whipped cream if you like.

HINT: You can sit there and juice about 36 actual key limes to get the juice you need, or you can not freak-out with perfectionistic tendencies and use about 3 or 4 regular limes. Key Limes are just a bit stronger in flavor, but, once you add the lime zest, regular limes bring the same joy and rapture divine. This is the perfect, quick, last minute dessert to make for a potluck.

I would eat that whole pie in one sitting along with a whole half gallon of Breyers ice cream. I would have to watch TV on the toilet for a few days' but it's worth it.

Tried this last night 'cause it sounded good and it was pretty good.

Lake trout fillets, with skin
Lemon sliced thin

Vinaigrette seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Essence, recipe (below)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
2 teaspoons finely chopped oregano leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (I chose not to add these because I thought there'd be plenty in the Essence)

Emeril Legasse's Creole Essence
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano

1 tablespoon dried thyme

The fish fillets should be patted dry and at room temperature.
Prepare the vinaigrette ahead of time and let set to blend the flavors.
Heat charcoal grill to very hot and coat the grill with oil.
Coat the fish fillets and place directly on the grill over direct heat skin side down.
Be generous with the seasoning. It sounds like it will be spicy but it isn't.
Place lemon slices on top of the fillets.
Grill for about 5-7 minutes or until done.

It is a pork shoulder today stir fry veggies and fruit salad and Breyers strawaberry icecream later.

View attachment 6539
Was at home Monday evening and thinking we needed some bread so I decided to bake some. I have some sourdough in our refridgerator that I started a few months ago and thought I'd try to use it in my bread. I started out with a Crusty White Bread recipe I found in our Betty Crocker® recipe book. Since sourdough is basically about 50-50 water and flour I substituted 2 cups of the sourdough and omitted 1 cup of water and flour each from the recipe. It turned out pretty good. Will have to try it again some time.

I'm planning on baking souped up brownies. Its like...you get brownie mix. Then, instead of water, you use whole milk. Instead of eggs, you use butter (although this time, I may use coconut oil...lets wait and see, lol). In a saucepan, you warm up the milk and butter, stir in a couple teaspoons vanilla extract. You also throw in a whole lotta semi-sweet chocolate chips from whatever brand you prefer (I usually use Ghiradelli, or however you spell that, because its on perma-sale and it comes in a shiny bag). If you feel like it, add a little bit of instant coffee powder. You can also add a lil extra flavoring, like mint extract or whatever. Anyway, get that all mixed up, add to the batter, bake, and...best brownie ever.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back