Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are you doing on Sunday?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm rather looking forward to this morning's meeting. We're taking our evangelism bus to one of our local areas, where there are lots of students and Sunday shoppers, and we're gonna have our Sunday morning Service on the street, and give away bacon sandwiches and spend some time chatting with people. Spread a little love around.
I don't know why, but free food always seems to make people more willing to stay around and chat.
We'd normally be meeting in the area's community building, but we could'nt have it this week for some reason, so we're doing this instead!:yes

So I thought I'd ask, What are you up to this morning?

Church of course! Normal service , and guess what ... I fell asleep during the sermon! :shame2

Sunday is my only rest day so i slept until 11 am, then had my coffee cup dressed up quickly for church and then had lunch out with the young adult professionals in the ministry. Then i'm here...:)

Bible study, then church service, then home to spend the day playing with our yellow lab, doing a little gardening, and skyping with my son and new grandson. My wife is in Kenya for a couple of weeks at a Quaker conference, so I'll try to contact her later.

I will be working.

Some Sundays I volunteer to mow the lawns of disabled elderly in my area, but since my work schedule has changed, I had to move it to Thursdays.

-Atheist Alan

Just polished off two bowls of Cocoa Krispies cereal and now I'm watching my cat plan his attack on the animated butterflies and monkey in Tina's post. He likes the animated smiles, too.

A little poking around in the forum here, then it's outside to fix the mower and do all the other things that need being done around the house.

Sunday is my day off during the week, so I use them to catch up on groceries, relax, and read. Tonight is my friend group's game night so I'm planning a game for them as well. If I don't have a game night I use the day to just relax and chat with friends and family.

Teach bible class
service
teen meeting
Home...
dig up stump
clean chicken coupe
dig post hole for grape vine
Back to church for mission trip meeting
home...
bring tractor inside
watch ivan get knocked out by rocky!

Im almost glad its Monday lol!

I'm rather looking forward to this morning's meeting. We're taking our evangelism bus to one of our local areas, where there are lots of students and Sunday shoppers, and we're gonna have our Sunday morning Service on the street, and give away bacon sandwiches and spend some time chatting with people. Spread a little love around.
I don't know why, but free food always seems to make people more willing to stay around and chat.
We'd normally be meeting in the area's community building, but we could'nt have it this week for some reason, so we're doing this instead!:yes

So I thought I'd ask, What are you up to this morning?

Hi! I love you all, so you asked & 'i' will tell you.;)
I am a firm believer in My Savior & His Word. And in His own written work He tell me this..
[8] Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
[9] Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
[10] But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
[11] For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

And as most every Sunday, I am commanded to get my work + done. And that was not quite what you were expecting perhaps? But it did give me a opportunity to testify abour your question.:thumbsup

And the + above?? Let me just add this for that? I see all of these duties of mine in these verses for the other six days. Isa. 58...

[12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
[13] If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
[14] Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

--Elijah

[10] But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Hey Elijah,

Maybe that's why I was so busy on Sunday! I didn't get anything done at all on Saturday!

Had a great time on Saturday though! Rode dirt bikes with the kid and had family up for an awesome dinner!

I was cleaning up my yard with the wife--- raking, pulling up old stuff, planting a few things in our garden, ect. I had a few hours working in the sun without a shirt on and just my skin long enough to get slightly red (not sunburn). That tells me I got my vitamin D for the day. :lol

Nothing healthier than getting one's exercise from outdoor work, their health from sunshine, clean country air, and lots of cold water to drink, if I may sound like an old-fashioned country doctor.

Went to a new church for the second time, afterwords went shopping to pick up a little extra food now that my wife is pregnant, came home and spent the day lounging around watching TV and Netflix or sitting at the computer.

Hey Elijah,

Maybe that's why I was so busy on Sunday! I didn't get anything done at all on Saturday!

Had a great time on Saturday though! Rode dirt bikes with the kid and had family up for an awesome dinner!

But my friend did not miss this, huh?:thumbsup

[12] And [[they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in]].

[13] If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
[14] Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Riding dirt bikes and having the family around sharing food sounds a wonderful Sabbath :yes Everyone rests differently but being with family is always good. Work six days and then rest. Some may wish to beat themselves up with guilt on the day of rest and others will rest in it. Sabbath is there for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Talk to God about it,:pray many don't rest in the day but see it as a chore to sit on a pew being told how evil they are ;)................:lol but whatever rest means to you?

Riding dirt bikes and having the family around sharing food sounds a wonderful Sabbath :yes Everyone rests differently but being with family is always good. Work six days and then rest. Some may wish to beat themselves up with guilt on the day of rest and others will rest in it. Sabbath is there for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Talk to God about it,:pray many don't rest in the day but see it as a chore to sit on a pew being told how evil they are ;)................:lol but whatever rest means to you?

Me here again!

So actually [you post] that both 'God & Jesus' do change from these OT Isa. verses for what some are now doing on Sunday? (and Sundays???) Heb. 13:8 'Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever.':sad And Mal. 3:6?? 'For I am the Lord, I change not.'

[12] And [[they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in]].

[13][[[[[[[ If ]]]]]]]]]] thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from [[doing thy pleasure on 'my' holy day]]; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, [[[not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:]]]
[14] Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the [[mouth of the LORD hath spoken it]].

Just one of two question ok?? If this is now true, how is this change of God's requirement any better than the one Cain brought to the Lord, that of [A FRUIT Offering]??? And did God accept it?

And what future day is this that is seen prophesied for the saved ones here on the NEW EARTH...

Isa. 66
[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, [which I will make], shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
[23] And [it shall come to pass], that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall [all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD]. ????

---Elijah

Me here again!

So actually [you post] that both 'God & Jesus' do change from these OT Isa. verses for what some are now doing on Sunday? (and Sundays???) Heb. 13:8 'Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever.':sad And Mal. 3:6?? 'For I am the Lord, I change not.'
God's purpose and his promise to fulfill it do not change (Heb. 6:17). How he fulfills it did. You've already been shown where it plainly talks about a change in law. Are we going to continue to just ignore that?

Just one of two question ok?? If this is now true, how is this change of God's requirement any better than the one Cain brought to the Lord, that of [A FRUIT Offering]??? And did God accept it?
With the change in covenant it was no longer necessary to abide by the condition of the Sabbath to stay in covenant with God (faith in Christ being the True Sabbath observance--the one that counts).

We have the freedom to keep a Sabbath day, or not...and even change the day to keep it for the sake of honoring the resurrection.

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement..." (Colossians 2:16-18 NASB)

God's purpose and his promise to fulfill it do not change (Heb. 6:17). How he fulfills it did. You've already been shown where it plainly talks about a change in law. Are we going to continue to just ignore that?

With the change in covenant it was no longer necessary to abide by the condition of the Sabbath to stay in covenant with God (faith in Christ being the True Sabbath observance--the one that counts).

We have the freedom to keep a Sabbath day, or not...and even change the day to keep it for the sake of honoring the resurrection.

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement..." (Colossians 2:16-18 NASB)

Find me one verse in the Ten Commandments alone, that God Penned (and is supposed to be in ones heart??) where the Law of Moses was even other than a thought or effect in ETERNITY!:seehearspeak Rev. 22:18-19 (if the name was ever recorded there to begin with?) Heb. 13:20

And 'food or drink'??? You are beside your self when you even hint that that is in the Eternal Covenant of God! See Gen. 4:7 for that suggestion!
Hey, this is 4/17/2012 WAKEUP!!!!

--Elijah

Me here again!

[/I][/B]

the quote was about the post above that has now been removed, it said that the man worked around his home on Sundays but on Saturday he had a Sabbath and the rode bikes and had his family around...Saturday is not the Sabbath either but i knew what his point was...i should have quoted the post but didn't expect it to be removed:chin

Anyway, :eeeekkk

Sunday is gardening day for me. Spring has sprung and now it's time for me to kill some unused muscle tissue. :biggrin

the quote was about the post above that has now been removed, it said that the man worked around his home on Sundays but on Saturday he had a Sabbath and the rode bikes and had his family around...Saturday is not the Sabbath either but i knew what his point was...i should have quoted the post but didn't expect it to be removed:chin

Hi! My post was on page 1, it hasn't went anywhere :wave

Ummm... Actually Saturday is the Sabbath and Sunday is the first day of the week :thumbsup

But just to be clear, what I did on Saturday and what I did on Sunday was just the way the weekend worked out. What I didn't mention is that I spent 3 hours on Saturday morning replacing rear struts and strut mounts as well as both lower control arms on my car. But Saturday afternoon it was playtime! Usually Saturday is the only day I have that I can schedule any way I like.

I try to grab a day of rest whenever I can to just stretch out and enjoy the things and people around me. Honestly, that's usually Saturday. That's my day to kick back, work in the yard or on cars or do other things that I enjoy. Not that I don't enjoy church on Sunday, I do. But Saturday I get to break all routines. Saturday, is my day.

I work Mon-Friday. My life and schedule is very predictable. I got to Church on Wed, and twice on Sunday (for the most part). It just works out that nothing "routine" is ever scheduled for Saturday. Is it coincidence, or providence that Saturday is the Sabbath? I dunno... I just know it's the only day I'm free without routine.

Back