Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are you growing?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Corn Pop

For those who can or do grow. At the moment in my small garden space i got tomatoes, zuchinis, capsicum, lettuce, bok choy, cucumbers, and a heap of different herbs. They all looking good and healthy. Im full organic i never use pesticides or herbicides or any chemicals just water and good soil. I will put some onions in this week and maybe some beans.

I have a small garden here. Planted onions, radishes, Swiss chard, carrots, peas, green and yellow beans, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Our growing season is almost done here now. Yesterday I pulled the onions and laid them out to dry. Peas were done a couple weeks ago. I pulled the bean plants last week.

I'm also in the process of moving the garden. I've been having trouble for the past few years, especially with radishes, peas, onions, and tomatoes. For some reason I can't seem to get nice bulbs with my radishes. They just grow lots of green without forming bulbs. Same problem with onions except this year my onions looked a bit better. With peas they seem to do well until they produce pods. Then they just wither and die. Tomatoes seem to do like the peas. The plants look great until they begin to make fruit and then they wilt and die.

I decided to move the garden for a couple reasons. First, when I originally started the garden there were no trees on our lawn so it was out in the open. Since then I planted some trees and now the garden only sees full sun during midday so I'm thinking maybe it should be in a sunnier location. Second, one of the trees I planted near the garden location is a black walnut and I didn't think about the possibility of walnut toxicity. Today, that tree is about 30 feet tall and quite large and from my research, my garden needs to be more than 60 feet from any walnut tress so this could be part of the issues I've been having.

So hot here in Texas (105 today) that the local government has asked residents to start prioritizing what to water and what to let die. So, the garden has corn (2nd planting) but I'm giving up on everything else for now. The spring was really good, everything did well. We 'll see how the fall shakes out. Normal fall planting here is about now but I think I'll hold off for a bit. I may just do the dirt work and prep for spring. Because of El Nino, we are supposed to have a cold winter but that should be only a matter of weeks unlike those further north.

So hot here in Texas (105 today) that the local government has asked residents to start prioritizing what to water and what to let die. So, the garden has corn (2nd planting) but I'm giving up on everything else for now. The spring was really good, everything did well. We 'll see how the fall shakes out. Normal fall planting here is about now but I think I'll hold off for a bit. I may just do the dirt work and prep for spring. Because of El Nino, we are supposed to have a cold winter but that should be only a matter of weeks unlike those further north.

Water restrictions. Thats why people should fill there own tanks with the water from there house gutters during the year rather it going straight into drainage to a sewage plant and or probably just goes out into the ocean. Just a waste. And if any its reuseable i dont even know what they do they probably just sell you your own water back to you. If it lands on your property its your water.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back