Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are you listening right now?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Listening to Red's Release the Panic, and my personas rotator had a Scooby Doo skin up, with Shaggy and Scooby shuddering in mortal terror...lol. Just thought it was funny.

Listening to Red's Release the Panic, and my personas rotator had a Scooby Doo skin up, with Shaggy and Scooby shuddering in mortal terror...lol. Just thought it was funny.

questdriven:

So how exactly would you interpret the words: 'Let it out, let it out!'

Something to do with the innate fears that indwelling sin produces and which cause the need for a comforting Savior? (something like this?)

Blessings.

questdriven:

Something to do with the innate fears that indwelling sin produces and which cause the need for a comforting Savior? (something like this?)

Blessings.
Not sure. Probably a way to say "release the panic" in different words?

questdriven:

Blessings.

questdriven:

Maybe, maybe! :)

I do think anyway that on the whole, according to my limited knowledge, Disciple's lyrics seem to be more overtly and clearly Biblical, anyway. Just my observation.

Red's and Disciple's hard rock quality is superb, isn't it?

Blessing.

Listening to Perfect Life, by Red
Favorite verse:
So, keep your dream with no consequence
You'd damage me just to feed your senses
All you fake for reality
I see right through you, see right through you
Take your pride, take your vanity
Can't you see that your ego's empty?
I will turn, I will walk away
I won't become you, won't become you..

You want a perfect, PERFECT LIFE
Nothing wrong, nothing real inside
All I see is a perfect lie
I don't want your perfect life [x3]

questdriven:

Blessings.

questdriven:

Maybe, maybe! :)

I do think anyway that on the whole, according to my limited knowledge, Disciple's lyrics seem to be more overtly and clearly Biblical, anyway. Just my observation.

Red's and Disciple's hard rock quality is superb, isn't it?

Blessing.
Yeah.

View attachment 3176 <--- click to download and play also known as "Nevy's Song" by M. Clark <---- click to play online without download

This is a song played in the old Chicago Blues style by my friend and associate Malcolm Clark who is the lead singer and composer (also plays the Axe [guitar]) for the Malcolm Clark Band. His band is local to the Seattle Tacoma area and I was with him when he wrote this song.

There's a story, but then, isn't there always?

The story hearkens back to my days in the multi-billion dollar, multi-national Corporation where I was working as a Network Manager and IT Systems Analyst. Malcolm, in addition to be an extraordinary musician, is also a "geek" (like me) and it was my pleasure to hire him as a "Technical Consultant" which is "geek-speak" meaning grunt-that-gets-paid well.

He wrote this (and other) song(s) on napkins while we dined at our favorite breakfast (expense account, of course) hang-out. Nevy's song was written about another friend of ours. This friend was not a high paid technical consultant like Malcolm but instead was called an "intern," which just meant that he worked for experience and not so much for pay.

The subject of the song, a young man named Nevy, was the Intern and mutual friend. He came to us on loan from the Home Office in Philadelphia and was born in the 'far-away-land' of Sri'Lanka.

He was a suave dude from another land...

Hope you enjoy! Pretty sure that's Smokin' Joe on the flute.

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube;YA3ghg15fhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA3ghg15fhM[/video]
Forward Motion, by Relient K

chorus said:
Cause I struggle with forward motion
I struggle with forward motion
We all struggle with forward motion
Cause forward motion is harder than it sounds
Well everytime I gain some ground
I gotta turn myself around again
It's harder than it sounds
Well everytime i gain some ground
I gotta turn myself around again
Kinda sounds like me...xD

What If His People Prayed, by Casting Crowns

What if the armies of the Lord
Picked up and dusted off their swords
Vowed to set the captives free
And not let Satan have one more?

What if the church, for Heaven's sake
Finally stepped up to the plate
Took a stand upon God's promise
And stormed Hell's rusted gates?

What if His people prayed
And those who bare His name
Would humbly seek His face, yeah
And turn from their own ways?

And what would happen if we prayed
For those raised up to lead the way?
Then maybe kids in school could pray
And unborn children see light of day

What if the life that we pursue
Came from a hunger for the truth?
What if the family turned to Jesus
Stopped asking Oprah what to do?

He said that He would hear
His promise has been made
He'd answer loud and clear, yeah
If only we would pray

If My people called by My name
If they'll humble themselves and pray

(If My people called by my name)
(If they'll humble themselves and pray)

He'll answer loud and clear, yeah
If only we would pray

What if His people prayed?
(If His people would pray)

What If His People Prayed, by Casting Crowns

What if the armies of the Lord
Picked up and dusted off their swords
Vowed to set the captives free
And not let Satan have one more?

What if the church, for Heaven's sake
Finally stepped up to the plate
Took a stand upon God's promise
And stormed Hell's rusted gates?

And what would happen if we prayed
For those raised up to lead the way?
Then maybe kids in school could pray
And unborn children see light of day

What if the life that we pursue
Came from a hunger for the truth?
What if the family turned to Jesus
Stopped asking Oprah what to do?

He'd answer loud and clear, yeah
If only we would pray

He'll answer loud and clear, yeah
If only we would pray

What if His people prayed?
(If His people would pray)

questdriven:

Good lyrics.

I think Casting Crowns would be described broadly as soft rock, right? They tend to be very melodious, anyway.

Blessings.

The most recent thing was to October Glory.

They seem to be broad in their styles, from Southern Gospel to hard rock.

Most of their songs are hard rock. At least when I heard them play. They only played a couple that weren't.

Most of their songs are hard rock. At least when I heard them play. They only played a couple that weren't.

questdriven:

It was a really good concert, then? sounds like it, anyway. On the attachments on the other thread that Edward has supplied re. October Glory, various of the band members are depicted; I think over the years one or two of them have changed; the woman is the wife of one of the other band members, I think. They really do seem to have a strong Christian emphasis.

Blessings.

questdriven:

It was a really good concert, then? sounds like it, anyway. On the attachments on the other thread that Edward has supplied re. October Glory, various of the band members are depicted; I think over the years one or two of them have changed; the woman is the wife of one of the other band members, I think. They really do seem to have a strong Christian emphasis.

Blessings.
Yeah.

Ah man, just found out I could have seen them at the crawfish festival last Friday! Oh well...

questdriven:

Blessings.
Yeah.

Ah man, just found out I could have seen them at the crawfish festival last Friday! Oh well...

questdriven:

Is this held near you, maybe? I think October Glory is Florida-based, anyway.

My guess is that present and past band members are from there, anyway. This is why having a bit of Southern Gospel mixed in there isn't surprising, really.

But Christian hard rock seems to be what they are, essentially.

Blessings.

Yeah. There's a Southern gospel station in Jacksonville. I don't listen to it, but my mom does.

I'm in Georgia, but I'm about as far south Georgia as you can get. So Florida isn't far away. The crawfish festival was held in Woodbine, and I used to live there, years ago. It's only about 30 minutes away.

Yeah. There's a Southern gospel station in Jacksonville. I don't listen to it, but my mom does.

I'm in Georgia, but I'm about as far south Georgia as you can get. So Florida isn't far away. The crawfish festival was held in Woodbine, and I used to live there, years ago. It's only about 30 minutes away.

questdriven:

Well, I see. Sounds like your mom could even conceivably get into some of October Glory, anyway. Maybe she could come with you, or give you a ride to, their next concert in your area, anyway?

Getting transport to concerts can be quite an issue, anyway.

Blessings.

questdriven:

Well, I see. Sounds like your mom could even conceivably get into some of October Glory, anyway. Maybe she could come with you, or give you a ride to, their next concert in your area, anyway?

Blessings.
Unless it's a band she'd also enjoy, I'd kinda prefer to go with someone else. She might like a couple of their songs.

Another band that was going to be at the festival was Whosoever South. My brother likes them.

questdriven:

Blessings.
Unless it's a band she'd also enjoy, I'd kinda prefer to go with someone else. She might like a couple of their songs.

Another band that was going to be at the festival was Whosoever South. My brother likes them.

questdriven:

Sounds like you don't think her tastes are likely to develop, like yours have been, in recent years.

I think your brother went with you to your last concert, you may have said, anyway. Were October Glory playing there, too?

Blessings.

questdriven:

Sounds like you don't think her tastes are likely to develop, like yours have been, in recent years.

I think your brother went with you to your last concert, you may have said, anyway. Were October Glory playing there, too?

Blessings.
Winter Jam? Lots of bands were there, but October Glory wasn't one of them.

Back