Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what are you listening to right now?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
..I do kinda wish some of the songs had a bit of a harder sound than they do, but definitely worth the money.
[MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]:

Well, you're in your third decade, and hard rock seems to have become a strong preference, evidently.

I'm sure Skillet will eventually bring out another album; and we'll see what it's style is.

Blessings.

'Not Gonna Die' by Skillet: it's good, rigorous Christian hard rock.
One of my favorites from the new album. :biggrin
Three other favorites: Circus for a Psycho, Battle Cry, and Freakshow

It's good to listen to; one needs to be careful how loud such tracks are played, of course, depending on who is in the house.

(Maybe your mom is getting a bit more amenable to Christian hard rock, little by little; or will be eventually, or whatever.)

Blessings.

PS: [MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]: Sorry, what is the name of the new Skillet album, from where those favorite tracks you mentioned all come from?

Blessings.

PS: @questdriven : Sorry, what is the name of the new Skillet album, from where those favorite tracks you mentioned all come from?

Blessings.
Rise
@questdriven :

Ty. Nice, short, evocative title. Blessings.
The song also called Rise from the album is good, too.

Oh right, then. The track that also gives its name to the album, I guess.

So is the track Rise in proper hard rock, maybe? or at least approaching it?

Blessings.

@questdriven :

Blessings.
I'd say it is. A good number of the songs in the album are at least close to it.

@questdriven :

@questdriven :

Blessings.
I'd say it is. A good number of the songs in the album are at least close to it.
@questdriven :

Okay, ty.

This would at any rate explain why you seem to appreciate the album such a lot, I suppose.

Blessings.

PS: [MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]:

I think many people are finding that tracks of thoroughly good quality Christian hard rock with challenging lyrics - such as by Skillet, and similar bands - really do deeply and rigorously express the way they feel.

It's probably because they are kind of successfully stating what people might already have been wanting to say in words and musical mood, in such a thoroughly expressive way, I guess.

Blessings.

oh yeah i like that,one of my fav bands is within temptation but im not real sure what exact category they fall under its like gothic/symphonic rock

Hi there; so as well as the music, are you into Gothic style more broadly?

Blessings.

yeah i guess you could say that ,I dunno i dont really peg myself but Ive always been pegged that by others I do like the style in almost every area but i dont get into alot of makeup im pretty boring

Oh okay, more music, maybe clothes, but not black lipstick, mascara, etc.

People even used to talk about the Gothic novel, I think.

PS: Not boring...

Yeah like that ,I dont think ive ever read a gothic novel ive mostly read christian self help and a few fiction books,everyone that knows me wants me to quit getting self help books lol but ive been through alot so i cant quite seem to put them down

[video=youtube;9PcOAR7vr_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PcOAR7vr_M[/video]
Madness in Me, by Skillet

Check out like the last minute of this track, if nothing else. :biggrin

(Some of the lyrics listed in the video are inaccurate (*glares*), but oh well.)

(Some of the lyrics listed in the video are inaccurate (*glares*), but oh well.)

Good quality hard rock.

The lyrics seem a bit obscure; I didn't catch the last minute's lyrics; and they didn't come up on the screen.

You really like this sort of hard rock, don't you?

Blessings.

Good quality hard rock.

The lyrics seem a bit obscure; I didn't catch the last minute's lyrics; and they didn't come up on the screen.

Blessings.
The lyrics at the end were snipped from other songs on the album. They did that quite a bit in this album.

It's what the little girl at the end was saying that I intended to refer to. She was quoting directly from scripture.

Good quality hard rock.

Blessings.
The lyrics at the end were snipped from other songs on the album. They did that quite a bit in this album.

It's what the little girl at the end was saying that I intended to refer to. She was quoting directly from scripture.

Well, this sounds lovely. I didn't distinguish the words and they didn't print them on the screen, anyway.

Yes, this is a really good quality piece.

Blessings.

Hi [MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]:

So were you familiar already with Pillar, posted by [MENTION=90700]Edward[/MENTION]?

It's a bit like Skillet, and Disciple, although those bands are more rigorously hard rock.

Blessings.

Back