Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are your pet peeves?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
another pet peeve.....

using certain lingo and words that have been adopted as slang words
i.e., ... taking vulgar words and using them as if they are not.

when the word "crap" is used in someone's vocabulary

It is a body excretement for crying out loud! :-?

After I found myself using the word a couple times on this board, I realized how ugly of a word it really is for a "Christian" to use.

So I decided to stop using that word so "loosely", and I am working on "eliminating" certain words from the way I express myself to others.

It must be purged from out of my life! :lol:

Nothing like a good cleansing of the spirit! :-D

The Lord is my banner said:
Odd socks.
WHERE do those come from??? I have about five at the moment, all different colours/sizes. Yup, drives me up the wall.

God bless, love Sue

:smt035 Oh that is so cute! I just had to use it despite it being totally irrelevant to the OP or my own reply :-D
This is a huge problem for me...What could be happening to socks from the time they get sorted from the dirty clothes hamper, to the time you take them out of the dryer?
Could there be a Bermuda triangle type of sock time warp? Two socks out of at least 5 pairs always mysteriously dissappear without a trace! :-?

Can't think of any except the toothpaste; when my wife and I squeeze different parts of the tube.

But I still love her.... :smt055

Dave... said:
Odd socks.
WHERE do those come from??? I have about five at the moment, all different colours/sizes. Yup, drives me up the wall.

God bless, love Sue

That reminds me. I hate when all the socks that I have are for the left foot, and can't find any for the right foot. :o

(i turn'em inside out sos they are converted for the other shoe)

;-)

destiny said:
The Lord is my banner said:
Odd socks.

God bless, love Sue

:smt035 Oh that is so cute! I just had to use it despite it being totally irrelevant to the OP or my own reply :-D
This is a huge problem for me...What could be happening to socks from the time they get sorted from the dirty clothes hamper, to the time you take them out of the dryer?
Could there be a Bermuda triangle type of sock time warp? Two socks out of at least 5 pairs always mysteriously dissappear without a trace! :-?

It is the physics of charge and spin.

When the socks get dry enough, a static charge is created.

When the charge reaches 20K coulombs per square centimeter an interdimensional window is opened as the centrifugal force of the spin synchronizes with the transport gradients of the nearest dimensional window.

:wink:

When people take a can of soda and drink one sip and let the rest sit.

Scott said:
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer drinks half a can then leaves the other half for Jerry... :lol:

Vic said:
Is that as bad as double-dipping? :lol:

Let me see, to answer that I would need to analyze and also include the actions of Kramer for leaving the half can and George for double-dipping the the chip.

Kramer had the deal with Jerry about paying for everything he ate. He did only drink half because he didn't want to pay for a full one. One may conclude that he normally can't handle a full can of soda (I do recall the episode where he tried out for cast of Jerry & George's show about nothing and had to leave a bit early and eventually left the building because he couldn't find an empty bathroom. Thus he wound up running home and getting mugged in the park which ended leaving him "backed up" for a few days. That being said, he could have possibly had a problem on the other end (if you know what I mean). I remember him encouraging Jerry and George to relieve themselves (which btw got them both arrested) in the episode "The Parking Garage". Maybe Kramer had a fear of having the tank "too full", he did say it was bad to hold it in.

Ok, now to George and the double-dipping. George was supposed to be getting some snacks for his girlfriend while instead he grabbed a bunch of snacks for himself and proceded to inquire of the priest how "one might get a copy of the death certificate". Now for the action in question. Still not attending to his mourning girlfriend, George dips a chip, takes a bite and then dips again. Hence the famous double-dip.

Furthermore, Kramer's actions were at least 80% selfish. The other 20% is at the very least is debatable. Hey, Kramer's a weird guy so who knows. George's actions were 100% selfish as always. I recall the episode where Kramer burns down Susan's father's log cabin with the Cuban cigars. George's first words to Susan upon seeing the burning cabin were, "you never gave me the change from the tollbooth." Also, Kramer's actions were likely to only affect Jerry who would be the only person likely to drink the other half of the soda. But Jerry being a germaphobe (think of the episode where his girlfriend put something of his in the toilet because he dropped her toothbrush in the toilet and never told her) you know he wouldn't drink it which makes it just a waste and not a hazard. Now George had the potential of spreading germs to all the other people at that memorial service. I mean come on, he's a stocky bald guy who once had lewd pictures taken of himself.

In conclusion, due the actions of and location where one George Costanza
double-dipped the chip... his actions make double dipping worse. In short Vic, I concur with your suggestion... :-D .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back