Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What bible quotes appeal to you?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Phill_97

Say you have a quote that you feel has a really strong meaning to it, what do you think it is? Please post the quote :biggrin

There are a lot of them :lol so i will start with two and wait for others to post before i give another.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Oh sorry forgot to quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Why am I so sad?
Why am I so upset?
I should put my hope in God
and keep praising him,
my Saviour and my God

PSALM 43:5

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So when you give to the poor, don't let anyone know what you are doing. Your giving should be done in secret. Your Father can see what is done in secret, and he will reward you.
Matthew 6:3-5

Psalm 51

<SUP id=en-KJV-14693 class=versenum>1</SUP>Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
<SUP id=en-KJV-14694 class=versenum>2</SUP>Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
<SUP id=en-KJV-14695 class=versenum>3</SUP>For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

<SUP>9</SUP>Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
<SUP id=en-KJV-14702 class=versenum>10</SUP>Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
<SUP id=en-KJV-14703 class=versenum>11</SUP>Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. <SUP id=en-KJV-14704 class=versenum>12</SUP>Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

I think all scriptures are beautiful. It's hard to choose because depending on how the Spirit leads me, I can find meaning in even the simplest sentences.

Ephesians 1
<sup class="versenum">3 </sup>All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.

Romans 1
<sup class="versenum">20 </sup>For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

Blessings,
Dee

17 ...for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men." (Romans 14:17-18 NASB)

For all the debating and arguing and divisiveness there is in the church we seem to easily forget what it's really all about.

Psalm 51

<SUP id=en-KJV-14693 class=versenum>1</SUP>Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
<SUP id=en-KJV-14694 class=versenum>2</SUP>Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
<SUP id=en-KJV-14695 class=versenum>3</SUP>For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

<SUP>9</SUP>Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
<SUP id=en-KJV-14702 class=versenum>10</SUP>Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
<SUP id=en-KJV-14703 class=versenum>11</SUP>Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. <SUP id=en-KJV-14704 class=versenum>12</SUP>Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

And let me add vs. 17 to that...

"17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise."

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

Matthew 16:24

Isaiah 53:5

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."

This verse always hits me hard.

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

2 Corinthians 12:9

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. NIV

Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. NIV

My signature is one of my favorite quotes.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back