Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What can I say ...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well, for an introduction, My first name is Heath. You can call me that, or the name I have here, or any shortened version of that name. I'll respond to any. I'm a Christian for many years now, made the decision when I was in my teens. 15 or 16, I think, and am now in my early thirties. Recently celebrated my one year aniversary with a wonderful woman that I am so lucky to have met, and hope someday to have a family too. I come from a family of five. Me being the youngest of three brothers, and two parents that though they are different faiths, they love eachother quite a bit, and still together today. When I look at faith, and religion, I hope I don't offend anyone, and I hope I find a place here to be able to express my faith get encouragement, and be able to do the same for others too. That said, I also have just left another blogging community because there was too many people there who looked to debate faith with any Christian, and I no longer felt it like a blogging home that I once had several years ago.

That's my history so far. Hope to get to know you all and get along as well. :)

Dear Brother Heath, your testimony is most welcome, and together in Christ we grow in faith and knowledge of Him. With others of like faith (In Jesus) we can edify and support one another as our Father would have us do.
Blessings in st Jesus. :wave2

express my faith get encouragement

BUT can you take admonishment and exhortation and special speaking that may be difficult to understand (at first) as well as "express [your] faith" and/or "get encouragement" ?!?

In other words:

Do you want what we get and what we got or are you here for the sweet tooth only, please? Because I can cut the bible into it's sweet parts just as easily as anybody else. But my way of thimking? It's better to get a kiss from an enemy than a big ol' slap in the face from a friend or maybe that's the other way around but the slap is the one to be preferred (especially when he/she slaps with a fish) because fishes stink and you can't lead a donkey to water but you CAN make him drink, all you need is a 2 x 4 to slap him/her upside the head a couple of times to get his/her attention and what's that you say about a fish? Huh?

OH, that was me, not you?

Okay, glad you asked, "You can give a hungry man a fish, or you can teach him to fish... or you can slap him in the face with a fish --and maybe, just maybe, he'll become a fisher of men!" Booyah!
Pardon, I warned you when I said, "to my way of thimking," now didn't I? :whirl

Or, in other, other words, "Welcome to CF.net" (home of the wise and the fool and some who are both, all rolled into one) :wave2

BUT can you take admonishment and exhortation and special speaking that may be difficult to understand (at first) as well as "express [your] faith" and/or "get encouragement" ?!?

In other words:

Do you want what we get and what we got or are you here for the sweet tooth only, please? Because I can cut the bible into it's sweet parts just as easily as anybody else. But my way of thimking? It's better to get a kiss from an enemy than a big ol' slap in the face from a friend or maybe that's the other way around but the slap is the one to be preferred (especially when he/she slaps with a fish) because fishes stink and you can't lead a donkey to water but you CAN make him drink, all you need is a 2 x 4 to slap him/her upside the head a couple of times to get his/her attention and what's that you say about a fish? Huh?

OH, that was me, not you?

Okay, glad you asked, "You can give a hungry man a fish, or you can teach him to fish... or you can slap him in the face with a fish --and maybe, just maybe, he'll become a fisher of men!" Booyah!
Pardon, I warned you when I said, "to my way of thimking," now didn't I? :whirl

Or, in other, other words, "Welcome to CF.net" (home of the wise and the fool and some who are both, all rolled into one) :wave2

Well Sparrowhawke, I guess that's why I'm here, to see if this blogging place and I connect. You'll probabley just have to find out on your own by talking to me how much I can take, and how I like my fish. And I'll be doing the same for you too. For everyone else also. I'm a bit opinionated, but I don't think having an opinion has gotten in the way for listening and considering what another says. But I have been trying to not slap people's face with moose meat (I'm landlocked, not as much fish.) an encouraging word, or a kind critism is what I'm trying to do more. I think I can converse with others giving me their blunt and sharp critiques, but I don't want to make things worse by my response making their critisms turn into a vendetta against me. That's already happened, and I don't want to repeate it.

Opinionated works too. I don't know any Member (and I've met quite a few over the years) that was not opinionated and if you asked me? I'd say that being "highly Onion-ated" is more the norm.

Slapped with Moose-meet? I likes this. Nice! Now I've got something to look forward to.

As far as others giving blunt and sharp critiques? Shhhhh.... it will happen, and I apologize in advance for our over-zealous members of which I am one, but don't ya never let anybody hear you say you think you can take it.... that's like asking for a Moose Slap to the kisser. Which reminds me of a story... many things do...

Got a second? Because it happened many, many years ago when my now 28 year old youngest son was more like 8 years old. And the church (it was a marvelous independent little church) sent me as a Church Sponsored Bible Camp Counselor (more like bible-toting babysitter) and my kids (I was broke) got to go that way b/c the church paid for my kids to go to Bible Camp for 'free' in exchange for my donated labor. And it was there that I first heard the chant, "Kiss the Moose, kiss the moose, kiss the moose." It was a haunting sound that I can't forget even to this day *SHUDDER*

You see, there was a tradition. Mail from home would be delivered each evening at dinner time. Any time somebody *anybody* got a letter from home, the whole group would start the "Kiss" chant. Three letters would mean three (3) strikes and we know with three (3) strikes yer OUT! So my first letter from home was from the Pastor. It said:
  • "LETTER ONE: KISS..."
  • And the next letter from his sweet wife, saying another word: "LETTER TWO: THE..."
  • The final letter signed by a bunch of people (they passed around it) had the third and final word: "LETTER THREE: MOOSE..."
So yes, I got up, made my little bow and faked a curtsy before I hung my head in shame and walked over to the GIANT, HUMONGOUS Moose-Head over there, mounted to the wall... Then, and haming it up all the way, I stood on my tippy-toes and puckered up, all the while wincing like it was the worst possible fate that could befall a man, and I gave the Moose a jolly good ol' wet one, smack on the lips.

Welcome Not_Now.Soon! You may consider this your first letter from home!

You've heard about how Saints of God are being called, "The Salt of the Earth"? Good that. But consider the conversational salt mentioned in Col 4:6 (NASB): "Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person."

WE are to become that, more and more. We are here to change and be transformed. So now we know a little bit more (at no extra charge) of what Jesus spoke to His Disciples about when He mentioned SALT and what James spoke of when he mentioned the world being set on fire by the flames of our tongues... :thumb

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back