Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What can we give?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hello all - Mike here and a new member of Christian Forums. I wanted to share an encouraging thought I had today. It comes from a book called His Thoughts Towards Me.

"Only what you give to others is yours."

Sometimes, we think that our possessions are ours, or our time is ours or our energy is ours but this is not true, these things are God's. Whatever we give to others of ourselves, be it through words, prayers, strength, etc, those 'things' are truly 'ours'. Perhaps this is why God asks us to live our lives as living sacrifices rather than give our possessions as the sacrifices because those wouldn't truly be something that was ours, to give.

I hope that makes sense and is encouraging!

:waving Hi Mike, welcome to the forum and thanks for the thoughts!!!! Very good point indeed!

Hello all - Mike here and a new member of Christian Forums. I wanted to share an encouraging thought I had today. It comes from a book called His Thoughts Towards Me.

"Only what you give to others is yours."

Sometimes, we think that our possessions are ours, or our time is ours or our energy is ours but this is not true, these things are God's.

Because he created us?

Whatever we give to others of ourselves, be it through words, prayers, strength, etc, those 'things' are truly 'ours'.

Nice

Perhaps this is why God asks us to live our lives as living sacrifices rather than give our possessions as the sacrifices because those wouldn't truly be something that was ours, to give.

Our 'possessions' are nothing but the earth anyway ...

I hope that makes sense and is encouraging!

Because he created us?

Yes. Anything that the Creator creates is His. Without getting too deep, I think that all that we have inside of us is ours in the sense that God doesn't necessarily create it, rather, it is created by the mechanisms that He has granted to us in our being human. I don't know if that makes sense or not and I'm possibly thinking waay too much into it. :)

I think it is interesting to think of living our lives as sacrifices because what can we truly give to God that He doesn't have? Well, technically, unless we give Him our devotions, He doesn't have those. He can't force them from our hearts, we have to willingly offer them to Him.

Back