Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What changed ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Question, Cornelius:

Why does Paul, a Christian, saved by the blood of Jesus, say:

“For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.†(Romans 7:15)

He didn't say, “but what I hated, that I did.†He speaks in present tense as if he sins not sinned. How can this be, being a true Christian?

Also, Cornelius, is not Paul referring to a sinful nature in this verse?

"I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." (Romans 7:25)

We have to follow Paul's progression. He speaks like we do in chapter 7. He sounds hopeless and confused, but remember to read further.

By the end of this chapter, Paul receives a revelation, that he then shares with us.First he asks the question that we all SHOULD ask (but some never do )

Rom 7:24 Wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death?

Then he tells us what his revelation is"

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then I of myself with the mind, indeed, serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

He still sees the flesh "acting up" (law of sin in the flesh) but he now has the revelation of HOW to solve this. JESUS and what He already did on the cross.

Its called sanctification. We all must be sanctified. Its a process, its not immediate. But we have to start by having faith that we can indeed be sanctified by and through faith in Jesus. By believing what the Bible tells you about faith, sanctification, overcoming sin, being holy, being dead to sin, being alive in Christ, you will receive the grace from God to start walking this in manifestation.

Faith first, then grace. God gives grace to the humble. Humility is when we stop agreeing with our "logic" and the teachings of men, and we start agreeing with the Bible.

C

We do not get to choose what we want to believe and what we want to ignore. We have deal with scriptures like this one:

Rom 6:11 Even so reckon ye also yourselves to be dead unto sin, but alive unto God in Christ Jesus.
To reckon is to count. So as 1+1=2 , so the gospel tells us it is a sure thing that we are .......dead unto sin.

Now answer this to yourself: Do I have to see this death manifestly or must believe this is so because the Bible says it is so.

What would it mean in your life, if you were truly dead to sin?

C

Cornelius said:
We do not get to choose what we want to believe and what we want to ignore. We have deal with scriptures like this one:

Rom 6:11 Even so reckon ye also yourselves to be dead unto sin, but alive unto God in Christ Jesus.
To reckon is to count. So as 1+1=2 , so the gospel tells us it is a sure thing that we are .......dead unto sin.

Now answer this to yourself: Do I have to see this death manifestly or must believe this is so because the Bible says it is so.

What would it mean in your life, if you were truly dead to sin?

C
Cornelius,

It means:

Rom 8:10
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the spirit is life because of righteousness. ASV

Job 42:5-6
5 I had heard of thee by the hearing of the ear; But now mine eye seeth thee:
6 Wherefore I abhor (myself), And repent in dust and ashes. ASV

This is a living experience.

Joe

Cornelius said:
For this study, I want to look at what Jesus did, that the Old Covenant did not do.
Jer 31:31-34

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. KJV

Adam was given a verbal command...
Moses was given a set of stones on which the law of God was written...
Neither changed the heart of man!

Jesus came to WRITE His law on our heart!
This work CHANGEs the nature of man!
...R

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back