Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What church do you attend?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm a Methodist, mostly because the UMC and I agree on matters of alcohol and other drugs.

My own local church is called The First Plumb-Line Church.

We are non-denominational, non-conformist.

I am a member of the body of Christ which are all those who have placed faith in the true a living eternal Son of God, who is the head of the body. I am a living stone in the temple that is built of believers on the foudations of the prophets and the apostles, and which Jesus is the cornerstone.

I believe in the one and only triune God of the Bible and salvation by grace and through faith Alone, I beleive that anything else is not the gosple, but a lie.

Rogue 9 said:
I'm a Methodist, mostly because the UMC and I agree on matters of alcohol and other drugs.

Rogue, just curious, but do you agree with their positions on social issues? I don't know all that much about the UMC, and I'm sure there are good churches and bad churches as in any denomination, but from what I've seen, they seem to be becoming more and more liberal on issues like homosexuality and such. Am I wrong? As I said, I'm not all that informed, but it's just been my impression.

I myself, grew up in a non-denominational church, attended a North American Baptist church for quite a few years, and this fall when I got married I started attending my husband's church, which is a Presb. Church in America. Denomination is not so important to me. What's important is the sound preaching of the Word, people who will challenge me and help me grow, and a congregation that loves and serves Jesus.

Jason a disciple

Hey my brother, you and I have some things in common, I too attend two churches. One more the other, but I do not say either is home.

I am just a christian, and where ever I happen to go where Jesus is preached in accordance with the bible, that is MY church.

Anyways, you will do just fine, since it seems you are loyal to Jesus and not to a church group.

Grace Alone

I agree with what you said, but I would say that doctrine is important, at least essentials, such as the trinity, salvation by grace, the physical resurection, and so on.

Other things like worships style, how long the sermons are, the color of the carpet, how you cut your hair. Are not all that important as long as the church is founded the essentials of the faith.

AlwayzADreamer

You do not attend a church, but are you a member of the church, in that you are born again, beleiving in the triune God, and in Jesus alone for your salvatoin?

I don't agree with the church on everything, but I'm pretty sure I remember a homosexual pastor taking on a partner and being promptly defrocked. Its been a while, though, so I'm not sure. Just what have you been hearing?

You do not attend a church, but are you a member of the church, in that you are born again, beleiving in the triune God, and in Jesus alone for your salvatoin?

Yes, I accepted Jesus a few years ago. :Fade-color

AlwayzADreamer

Awsome, that is what I wanted to know. So why don't you go to church? I do not go all the time, but I do go. And I know that it is part of my walk with the Lord and all that.

Did something happen?

I was a member of a cultict church once, then after I got out of that one, I was trapped again by an unhealthy church lead by an autoritarian false teacher. This took up the first few years of my christian life.

But I knew that there had to be a good church out there, and I have since found three such good ones, and go to them all. Not at once LOL, one Sunday I will go to one, then the next perahaps another and so on.

Anways, just wondering what your story is.

Thanks

I don't attend a church right now.

I was raised catholic, but the experiences I've had with priests and nuns have not been very positive. But then that was way backl in the 60's . I'm sure things have changed. I'm not that big on the religion even though it is comfortable to me, in that I suppose it's embedded in me since my childhood.

By choice I am now non-denominational and I am seaching for a church to become a part of.

Anyone from Ohio please let me know if you know of any good churches. Alister Beggs church is in Solon,about an hour drive from where I live, but I'm too darn lazy to drive that far every sunday. Is that a sin on my part? I can always listen to him on the radio or go to his web site and listen to broadcasts.

There are several good chruches around but they are too far for me to drive to. I don't know why I seem to think I want to attend a church that is no more than 5 miles from my house. I'm going to have to work on that frame of mind. :-? In the meantime, I'm still looking. I've called a couple of churches but they never got back to me. Maybe I have to be more aggressive and just go visit the churches instead of expecting them to call me back. Maybe I haven't gone to those churches because I still have a problem with organized religion. I have to work on that. I've got lots of thoughts to process and be clear about.

I'm pretty much hooked on ministries that are on the radio and on television. Some of the fundamentalists make me want to scream because of the way they preach their get rich with the scripture sermons. Even though I know the bible teaches abundant living, I just don't like the supposed motive behind the way the sermon is being preached. It all seems to fraudulent to me. So I prefer miniters like Charles Stanley, Kay Arthur, Dr. David Jeremiah, Chuck Swindoll, Kennedy, Perry Stone, Joyce Meyers, some crflo Dollar, but not when he get so extreme. He throws me off some times and I just think about him being a millionare wanting people to tithe for his sake and not for the lords sake. Then there I go again, having problems with that kind of thinking. I may be all wrong in thinking like that about him and for the wrong reason. Then there's that Benny Hinn, I see so many people that like him, thousands of people go to see him. I suppose, that is proof that it isn't the minister, it is the belief the individual has in the glory of the lord coming through the minister. I don't get his healing ministry. I don't understand those at all. I figure if you want to be healed by the Good Lord, that you could be healed by him without having to go to anyone. That the Good Lord will do his work through you via through your own belief in him.

There are so many other ministries that I like to listen to and watch too many to mention here. I've become hooked on a few. Seems like I have to get my daily dose of preachers everyday. And I do a lot of bible study on my own. I would love to start a bible study group out of my home, some day. I'm working on it. In the mean time, I've got my books, tapes radio, tv and most importantly my bibles.

Relic

Are you talking about the Roman Catholic Church, I assume that you must be.

I too am non demominational, I sort of drift around from one to another, as long as they teach the trinity and saved by grace, I am pretty much ok with them.

My friend, you might have to drive more then five miles to go to church, but God doesn't mind. SMILE, the fellowship and corporate worship is very important to God, we know because he said through Paul not to forsake the gathering together, and the fact that God called some be pastors and teachers, must mean he intends for us to go to Church.

you said--Some of the fundamentalists make me want to scream because of the way they preach their get rich with the scripture sermons.

Good decernment, only those aren't fundementalist, they are word of faith teachers, you would do well to stay away from that junk. Check and book called Christianity in crisis. It covers what you are talking about.

Charles Stanley, Kay Arthur, Dr. David Jeremiah, Chuck Swindoll, Kennedy great folks , you are doing well to listen to these guys.

Joyce Meyers, some crflo DollarWoops, part of the word fo faith group, better to turn them off.

Benny Hinn He is right in there with Joyce Meyers, some crflo Dollar.

If you get that book I mentioned, you will see what i am talking about, these guys are teaching flat out heresy, and Benny sheshhhh I can not imagine how so many do not see through that guys, he is totally a false teacher, and scam artist.

Anways, it use seems like you have some pretty good decernment, keep reading the bible, and find a good church, you will be A ok.

I do not attend church right now, haven't for maybe 5 years or so.

My beliefs, I think in the majority at least are seventh day adventist. I found them to be one of the better, more accurate churches, probably number one. I plan to start going again someday. I live in the south, where the biggest denomation is the cultish baptists down here, they can be a real pain. ugh. Bu ti suppose i could be called non-denomanational, being that I do not attend anyplace.

Within the last year or so I discovered a church that I liked on the radio and since it was within resonable driving distance, I decided to check it out. I like it a lot and plan on getting more involved very soon. Here is the website: http://www.fellowshipchurch.com From there are links to the radio show and you can watch or listen to the weekly message online.

Back