Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What did You Say?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
Let us talk about talking. I believe that there may be very mighty and significant power in the spoken word. Scripture speaks very very much about speech, talking, words, being able to tell this mountain go over there, it is not what goes into the mouth of man that defiles him...it is what comes out of the mouth of man that defiles him, admonishes us to never say thou fool to anyone, only say the word Lord and it shall be done, a soft answer turneth away wrath, the tongue is as a two edged sword, many things of that nature.

Our Fathers Son even carries the title of The Word. (In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God. Is this to be taken lightly? No different than if He had named him Joe? I don't think so. The scriptures are saturated with references to the Word, words, talking...Methinks is is no accident. Yet, it seems as if little attention is paid to the matter of talking.

Proverbs 18:21
Matthew 12:36
Proverbs 13:3
Matthew 12:37
Proverbs 29:20
Proverbs 15:4
Proverbs 17:28
Proverbs 25:11
Luke 6:45
Colossians 4:6
James 3:6
Leviticus 5:4

Just a few scriptures about words! There are many many more. This is an overlooked subject. What say ye?

ok. from jewish thought.

God spoke the torah to moses. some of the verses need to be understood from the idea of the spoken(oral) law and the written law.yes its in jewry that words do harm as you say per the kaballah.

Being a man of few words myself (who am I kidding???) I thought this might do well in my stead:

101 Bible Verses about:
Conversation

When the topic stalls just click on the blue word
"conversation" --it's a link and copy-pasta...
♪♫ singing ♪♫​

2 Peter 1:2-4 ESV

May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,​
by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises,​
so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature,
having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.​

Isaiah 40:5 ESV

And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

The Supremacy of God's Son (the Logos of God) Hebrews 1:1-14 (ESV)

1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.

5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,
“You are my Son,
today I have begotten you”?​
Or again,
“I will be to him a father,
and he shall be to me a son”?​
6 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says,
“Let all God's angels worship him.”​
7 Of the angels he says,
“He makes his angels winds,
and his ministers a flame of fire.”​
8 But of the Son he says,
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.​
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”​
10 And,
“You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning,
and the heavens are the work of your hands;
11 they will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment,
12 like a robe you will roll them up,
like a garment they will be changed.​
But you are the same,
and your years will have no end.”​
13 And to which of the angels has he ever said,
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?​
14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?

♪♫ singing ♪♫​
Pick the one line that you love the best from the above three quotes.

I don't know.
I don't know how.
My mind fails at it.

It's okay to try.

Okay, I've found it.

Speak it.

I will, but after other words are posted...​

Last edited by a moderator:
Love your profile pic how funny is this, LOL.

Words do have the power of life and death in them. Be slow to speak and even slower to give an answer. Other words think before you speak.

Back