Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do I do?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
H

Helen

This is another case of age difference. I dont know what to do cause so many people say so many different things and some of it hurts. Joe and I met at work, which thats now one of our many problems. Joe is 16 and I am 21. I am a Manager at Mcdonalds and he is a crew member. Joe and I have been dating for almost a year; exactly one year on Christmas. Joe's family knows about us, and so does most people we work with; incudling my boss who just ignores it. We told everyone we were dating around August, but that didnt fly too well with some people. My family doesnt like it. More or less they dont like him. So we had to say we broke up. Now we are secretly dating. My mom is a god loving person and I know she wants the best for me. She told me around that time that she is glad I found him but because of the age difference that if I keep seeing him she will have to kick me out. So since then I have been looking for a place. They dont know I am still seeing him and I have found a place and I move in this coming Thursday.

I dont want to hurt my family but they just dont get it. I love Joe and Joe loves me. He was there for me when no one else was. I was rapped in June and he took care of me and helped me forget eveything. We are so happy together. His home life isnt that great and we both cant wait till he graduates so that he can get out of there. I guess im just afraid that when that time comes that my family will be hurt that I am still with him. But I LOVE HIM!

Firstly, did your family know you were moving out, and did you go through with it?

Secondly, what are your thoughts on the relatiopnships timing? Take whatever direction you please with this question.

Wow some of these posts are OLD. It probably isnt worth me giving any advice lol.
Im interested to know what happened though..

*has a knee-jerk twitch at that kind of age difference and relationship*

As you can see ladies, this is a rather old thread. Sometimes a person posts but never decides to return and see what has been said in reply.

My gut instincts tell me it didnt work out.

I could be wrong though..

But, the man ..sorry..BOY is a minor...I am pretty sure its illegal.

queenjaz said:
My gut instincts tell me it didnt work out.

I could be wrong though..

But, the man ..sorry..BOY is a minor...I am pretty sure its illegal.

Yeah, that's illegal. He's under the age of consent and women aren't forgiven. And any relationship with a minor is not looked on good whether they erm do anything or not. My gut tells me it didn't work out, too.

Back