Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What do you do for your daily devotionals?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Daggerz

Like... what's your method of study? I'm curious, because I've always had trouble figuring out how to do independent bible studies, so I was wondering how you guys did it. Thanks :)

Like... what's your method of study? I'm curious, because I've always had trouble figuring out how to do independent bible studies, so I was wondering how you guys did it. Thanks :)

I read the Bible on my way to work, its a 30 minute bus ride. I've picked a book in the OT and read it then randomly picked another one

Personally I go through a Bible book, day by day, and make sure of daily prayer. (I think that prayer and Scripture reading go together; doing one without the other in isolation is not to be recommended. Scripture reading provokes prayer, and prayer provokes Scripture reading.)

I take a book and read a few verses each day. I usually write notes on what the verses say. I have a notebook which I record this for each day. At times I would focus on a particular topic. For example I may want to focus on grumbling and how God dealt with ancient Israel for complaining. Then I usually use it as a means of getting myself in a thankful mood..since when one is thankful there is no room for complaining.

I may not stick to this. I have read the Psalms for this year. I try not to be too rigid. At times I may focus on prayer. I study to see how the men and women of the bible prayed and see how God answered them.

I have email devotions that I read also Spurgeon's Morning and Evening and Faith's Checkbook
I find that this is a a very good devotional. When I read this I usually try to memorise the passage of scripture.

I start my day reading a chapter from the OT, then a chapter in the NT, Psalms & Proverbs. I have a daily reading inspirational calendar that has a scripture and they give an explanation of the scripture and how to apply it to your daily life.

Since I have joined CF this has definitely expanded my interest in a lot of different subjects, ones that I have never heard of before. I do more reading here on different threads than I do posting and usually research them...CF has taught me there are so many other faiths, opinions and controversial subjects I have never explored before. (Made me think I was living in such a small world). :)

good topic

*I read my bible on train to work or waiting on train, this is after I read the newspaper
*talk about God to some people at work, if they are willing
*read the bible on my way home
*read the bible at home if I'm not too occupied
*read 3 chapters of Psalms to Father before going to bed (or getting ready to sleep)

I used to read teh bible every day on the train to work. I no longer take the train so it has been difficult to find time.

I am not reading a chapter or 2 in the parking lot before I go into work.

And I am also trying to coordinate the reading with the guys in my bible study group so we can discuss the readings thruought the week.

Back