Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Do You Fear?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

DarkWalker

What are you afraid of?

I fear spiders, maggots, caterpillars, centipedes, millipedes, leeches, slugs, wasps, bees, scorpions, darkness, clowns, sharks, vast bodies of water, heights, lack of self-control, panic attacks, elevators, stairs, bridges and overpasses, high speed, and anyone with a badge/gun. I have different things I'm paranoid about, such as government spying, and different things I'm shy about. For instance, talking on the phone makes me super shy with 99.99% of this planet that I've spoken with on the phone.

Last edited:
oh man where do I start lol...the dark,deep bodies of water and water i cant see through,flying,amusement parks,crowds,...anything with a contract makes me nervous for sure

Pampers. Not new ones, but the used ones that people like to leave laying around in parks and on beaches. Never been too fond of those.

OH YA....I forgot snakes :eek
c90161253c1ab64747bd56e246307d43.jpg

Not much to be afraid of. Be glad to meet my maker..... BUT! maybe the power grid going down for long period of time, like months. And being stuck in the middle of a full blown riot.
But how about lie detectors. I don't trust them things.

About the only thing I can think of would be living long enough to become like you see some of the vegetables sitting in wheelchair along the hallways in nursing homes.

Isn't that something?! As I was doing my morning reading this morning. I was reading Psalm 119 (the longest chapter in the bible) and it seemed to be repeating the phrase teach me thy statutes, very much so. I pondered this, that why would it be repeated so many times. Well the obvious reason would seem to be that it is important, that the Lord wants us to "get this", write it upon our heart and do it. Leran His statutes. Ok, message received, praise the Lord.

Then it occurred to me, I wonder what is the most oft used phrase in the entire bible, both OT and NT. If the more it is repeated is the more important it is, then what is it that the Lord wants us to "get" most of all? Anyone know? Have a clue? I googled it and found the answer. It did sort of surprise me. Wow....and the answer is...........

"Fear not, or Do not be afraid"

Ta-da! This is an eye opener. I already try to fear not even before learning this, likening it to faith. The Lord bailed out many many people in the bible from dire circumstance. He shut lions mouths, let a youth overcome a giant warrior, turned the tide of war to their favor when they were seriously outnumbered, let them cross to safety when their backs were against the sea, delivered men from being thrown into fiery furnaces, let men shake off the bite of poisonous snakes with no ill effect, had them food delivered from birds and even to raining down from heaven, provided water when they were about to die from thirst in the desert, and hath delivered us from certain death from fire and brimstone...
These things are just off the top of my head, I'm sure there were many more things which the Lord did for His people when they should have been fearful, by all worldly standards at least, but they were not forsaken, He came through for them and He wants us to know it. Do not be afraid brothers and sisters, Fear Not!~ for this is scripture and fact and apparently, the thing that He wants us to learn the most.

So to conclude, is it reasonable to think that a lack of fear is faith? Or that fear is a lack of faith? Would you agree with this?

Isn't that something?! As I was doing my morning reading this morning. I was reading Psalm 119 (the longest chapter in the bible) and it seemed to be repeating the phrase teach me thy statutes, very much so. I pondered this, that why would it be repeated so many times. Well the obvious reason would seem to be that it is important, that the Lord wants us to "get this", write it upon our heart and do it. Leran His statutes. Ok, message received, praise the Lord.

Then it occurred to me, I wonder what is the most oft used phrase in the entire bible, both OT and NT. If the more it is repeated is the more important it is, then what is it that the Lord wants us to "get" most of all? Anyone know? Have a clue? I googled it and found the answer. It did sort of surprise me. Wow....and the answer is...........

"Fear not, or Do not be afraid"

Ta-da! This is an eye opener. I already try to fear not even before learning this, likening it to faith. The Lord bailed out many many people in the bible from dire circumstance. He shut lions mouths, let a youth overcome a giant warrior, turned the tide of war to their favor when they were seriously outnumbered, let them cross to safety when their backs were against the sea, delivered men from being thrown into fiery furnaces, let men shake off the bite of poisonous snakes with no ill effect, had them food delivered from birds and even to raining down from heaven, provided water when they were about to die from thirst in the desert, and hath delivered us from certain death from fire and brimstone...
These things are just off the top of my head, I'm sure there were many more things which the Lord did for His people when they should have been fearful, by all worldly standards at least, but they were not forsaken, He came through for them and He wants us to know it. Do not be afraid brothers and sisters, Fear Not!~ for this is scripture and fact and apparently, the thing that He wants us to learn the most.

So to conclude, is it reasonable to think that a lack of fear is faith? Or that fear is a lack of faith? Would you agree with this?
And did you know another interesting point? That phrase, in various forms, is repeated 365 times....... once for each day of the year.

I believe it was Job who said, "That which I feared, has come upon me." Do you think it might be true that, "As a man thinketh, so is he."? Or... that "The power of both life, AND death, is in the tongue."?

Can we actually, "call things that are not, as if they were"... and experience them really coming true?

I believe it was Job who said, "That which I feared, has come upon me." Do you think it might be true that, "As a man thinketh, so is he."? Or... that "The power of both life, AND death, is in the tongue."?

Can we actually, "call things that are not, as if they were"... and experience them really coming true?

Yes we can. Even the new agers and positive thinking/speaking teachers know this stuff is true. I do not think that a lot of people realize the power of the spoken word. We were created in Gods image, and God spoke the universe into existence.

There's a danger in speaking your fears. Don't do it. Speak victory.

From today's reading;

Psalm 53:
4 Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called upon God.
5 There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them./

That goes deeper every time you read it. ;)

Could this happen on your street?

3438907426_urban_myth_alligator2_xlarge.jpeg
It does every couple of years. Both alligators and otters travel between six different lakes that surround my neighborhood, through the drainage sewer system.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back